Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
    As voyager said, the "wangry widdle anti-Carter sourpuss" didn't sound anti-Carter at all, quite the opposite. Even SG-1/Carter fans are being torpedoed now? Wise strategy. And, yep, he definitely burned something. I wonder what that is...

    Yeah, I wish someone would explain to me how asking a shipping question is twisted into being anti-Carter. Just sounds totally off the wall. Since I don't care to read the actual blog, there must be some history there that I have (thankfully) missed.

    I enjoyed watching SGA and I'm pretty bummed that the show is changing in ways I can't support and I like posting with people who share this feeling. I think we have fun in here and are civil, despite not all agreeing on every point. But I don't take SGA, or any tv show for that matter, all that seriously. Unfortunately, there are lots of people out there waaay too wrapped up in this show and its kind of scary.
    sigpic

    Comment


      Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      As voyager said, the "wangry widdle anti-Carter sourpuss" didn't sound anti-Carter at all, quite the opposite. Even SG-1/Carter fans are being torpedoed now? Wise strategy. And, yep, he definitely burned something. I wonder what that is...
      Well he burns my butt. Does that count?

      It seems like it was a last straw sort of situation, and he overreacted. The SDJ discussion on the blog is all a big mystery to me. Which amuses me even more that the exec producer of a TV show would allow such old stuff and stuff a lot of fans are ignorant of that would be potentially harmful to said TV show to be discussed in a public forum. And don't tell me his blog is not public. IMHO it's being used as a publicity arm of the show. I find all that anti-Carter/AT stuff as appalling as I do the anti-Weir/TH stuff.
      sigpic

      Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Well he burns my butt. Does that count?

        It seems like it was a last straw sort of situation, and he overreacted. The SDJ discussion on the blog is all a big mystery to me. Which amuses me even more that the exec producer of a TV show would allow such old stuff and stuff a lot of fans are ignorant of that would be potentially harmful to said TV show to be discussed in a public forum. And don't tell me his blog is not public. IMHO it's being used as a publicity arm of the show. I find all that anti-Carter/AT stuff as appalling as I do the anti-Weir/TH stuff.

        What the hell is SDJ? And ITA about the blog not being entirely personal. If it was, he would stick to food and forget about the show.

        I post in the anti-Carter thread. I hate the idea of her coming to SGA and I hate the idea that she will be running the city and sitting in Weir's chair. But I don't know the actress from a hole in the wall. I have no animosity towards the actress and I certainly don't blame her for the Weir/TH debacle.

        As a counterpoint, I've read plenty of anti-Weir comments, some of which I thought were obsessive; but I've never automatically assumed that because a fan disliked Weir, he/she also disliked TH.

        Admittedly, some take it too far . . . but you're always going to have a few who enjoy stirring the pot (any resemblance to a certain show runner who shall remain nameless is entirely coincidental), but they seem to be few and far between.

        Maybe everyone just needs to take a few steps back and breathe. LOL.
        sigpic

        Comment


          Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
          Maybe everyone just needs to take a few steps back and breathe. LOL.
          I tried that. Really, I did. A week and a half without internet doesn't give you much of a choice. But I come back and I'm still feeling the same anit-feelings I did before. And I'm still having these angry moments.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

          Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

          Comment


            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I tried that. Really, I did. A week and a half without internet doesn't give you much of a choice. But I come back and I'm still feeling the same anit-feelings I did before. And I'm still having these angry moments.

            LOL. I tried too. I went on vacation and between rushing around beforehand and having a good time while on vacation, I was out of the SGA loop for a couple of weeks.

            I thought I had finally made peace with the changes. I'd even voluntarily stopped watching season 2 in syndication. Of course, it didn't help that everytime I checked the cable guide, it seemed they were airing The Lost Boys and The Hive in some endless, Mallozian loop.

            But then I made the mistake of coming back online and every bad feeling and angry moment came flooding back.
            Last edited by nowvoyager908; 04 August 2007, 10:58 AM.
            sigpic

            Comment


              Same here. Was out of the loop. Came back because I like the forum. Anti feelings are still there.

              And yes, JM's blog is just an extended arm of... what was the prase?
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Mar9645 View Post
                Now that this thread is safe again...

                I've been lurking for awhile as this topic has needed some consistent humor lately. I'm breaking my lurk to add some serious comments based on what's been going on in recent weeks.

                ComicCon was the biggest tell to me that TPTB are in serious trouble and they know it: censorship of questions, the forced 'happy little family' image with a very limited and boring 'cast' (except for JF) and the fawning about renewal. The city of Atlantis is definitely foundering. I really found it very funny that EW magazine, in their convention wrapup, didn't even mention Stargate.

                SGA's time slot and lead-in lineup that were announced this week I see as the cement icing on the cake. Moving the show to the 10 pm slot opposite the very popular Numbers is suicide. As for the lead-in lineup, I'm sure Dr. Who at 8 pm will be strong but the new Flash Gordon series at 9 pm, changed from its original announced 10 pm slot, is begging for low ratings. FG starts next Friday here but I won't be watching now that they've changed the time. I much prefer reruns of Jericho.

                I don't recall which one of you made the 'elephant in the room' comment first but it's stuck with me since. That grey fellow is under a cloak right now but its getting weaker by the day. When the cancellation is announced sometime in October, the cloak will finally go down and, I strongly suspect, heads will roll at Bridge.

                In all my decades of watching episodic TV, I don't remember a fan-based outcry against producers as bad as this since the Berman/Braga fiasco for Star Trek Enterprise, and we all know how that ended. BTW, anyone know what happened to those two guys?

                Have a great weekend, fellow antis!
                Very good lurker's observation! You should post more. Yeah, the fans' outrage against the TPTB should be a clue something is seriously wrong, actually all that you've mention indicates that. We'll see how and when it will all end. Let's hope sooner rather than later.

                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                He started it. No, he started it. *raspberries*



                I find his response to this question very interesting. The last time he was this cranky and ultra sarcastic, even for him, was just before the word came out about RL's pregnancy, and he had to deal with the total reworking of S4. Hmmm?
                I find it so funny a fan calling a producer cranky. Well, it is true, he is cranky a lot. LOL

                Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                Yeah, who knows what is going on behind the scenes. Maybe something happened at Comic Con? Maybe the cast isn't happy? Maybe he feels a 10:00 p.m time slot is past the bedtime of his target demographic? Maybe he burned the pasta sauce? Questions, questions, questions. LOL.

                The funny thing is, the poster he was responding to didn't sound like an "wangry widdle anti-Carter sourpuss" , so his response was totally out of nowhere. Of course I didn't read the whole thing (I have my sanity to worry about), so it could be a poster who's given him "agita" in the past.
                Now that killed me! LOL

                Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                What the hell is SDJ? And ITA about the blog not being entirely personal. If it was, he would stick to food and forget about the show.

                I post in the anti-Carter thread. I hate the idea of her coming to SGA and I hate the idea that she will be running the city and sitting in Weir's chair. But I don't know the actress from a hole in the wall. I have no animosity towards the actress and I certainly don't blame her for the Weir/TH debacle.

                As a counterpoint, I've read plenty of anti-Weir comments, some of which I thought were obsessive; but I've never automatically assumed that because a fan disliked Weir, he/she also disliked TH.

                Admittedly, some take it too far . . . but you're always going to have a few who enjoy stirring the pot (any resemblance to a certain show runner who shall remain nameless is entirely coincidental), but they seem to be few and far between.

                Maybe everyone just needs to take a few steps back and breathe. LOL.
                I don't know what SDJ is either and I have no desire to know. I'm anti-Carter too, but only since she'll be on SGA and replacing Elizabeth, had nothing against her before but now I'm left with no choice. Can't help but feel she's somewhere she doesn't belong and I like to post in the anti-Carter thread for fun plus it's good to let out your negative feelings. lol
                Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

                R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                  ...I like to post in the anti-Carter thread for fun. lol
                  And there's lots of fun to be had...
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                  Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    And there's lots of fun to be had...
                    Indeed.
                    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

                    R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                      anti-Carter too, but only since she'll be on SGA and replacing Elizabeth, had nothing against her before but now I'm left with no choice. Can't help but feel she's somewhere she doesn't belong and I like to post in the anti-Carter thread for fun plus it's good to let out your negative feelings. lol

                      That's how I feel. Since I didn't watch SG1, I only knew Carter from the two (IIRC) crossover episodes with SGA. I don't remember feeling one way or the other about her presence except to think that she made McKay act more pathetic and annoying (in a loveable way of course) than usual. LOL.

                      If Carter wasn't coming to SGA and taking Weir's place, I would never have given the character any further thought. Unfortunately, adding her to the show, and the way she is being added, changed all that.

                      I am an 'anti' and damn proud of it . . . and its fun to let it all out and vent a little. It's not like this show hasn't given us plenty to gripe about.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                        That's how I feel. Since I didn't watch SG1, I only knew Carter from the two (IIRC) crossover episodes with SGA. I don't remember feeling one way or the other about her presence except to think that she made McKay act more pathetic and annoying (in a loveable way of course) than usual. LOL.

                        If Carter wasn't coming to SGA and taking Weir's place, I would never have given the character any further thought. Unfortunately, adding her to the show, and the way she is being added, changed all that.

                        I am an 'anti' and damn proud of it . . . and its fun to let it all out and vent a little. It's not like this show hasn't given us plenty to gripe about.
                        Same here. I knew Carter from only a couple of eps and I actually liked her with McKay but now that she's coming to SGA in place of my favorite character I so don't care about that anymore. That positive feeling I had about her turned to the opposite, a very negative feeling.
                        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

                        R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

                        Comment


                          Well I know Carter from very beginning. She fits into SG - 1 quite nicely and I really enjoyed early SG - 1 seasons. When they started to kick characters out of the show in S6 it all went downwards, and the show was never the same. I never had anything against Carter, but she was the least interesting character of SG - 1 to me. I was never a big S/J shipper either but those moments simply couldn't go unnoticed and it was pretty much okay - untill I heard of Atlantis cast changes. I don't like that idea. i never will. Period.

                          OT - does SDJ refer to "Save Daniel Jackson" campaign? It was quite big before/during S6 of SG - 1.
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                            I am an 'anti' and damn proud of it . . . and its fun to let it all out and vent a little. It's not like this show hasn't given us plenty to gripe about.
                            So say we all!
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Hey guys,
                              I'm back from my holiday (netless holiday, d'Oh!)! What did I miss? (Too lazy to go back ) Any good anti stuff? I've seen some pics from the comic con...I have to admit they make me bitter. You know, you go to holiday, forgot the stuff and then you come home and wham it's in the face again. Disheartening.

                              Someone here to bullet-point it to me? Pwetty pwease?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by dana View Post
                                Hey guys,
                                I'm back from my holiday (netless holiday, d'Oh!)! What did I miss? (Too lazy to go back ) Any good anti stuff? I've seen some pics from the comic con...I have to admit they make me bitter. You know, you go to holiday, forgot the stuff and then you come home and wham it's in the face again. Disheartening.

                                Someone here to bullet-point it to me? Pwetty pwease?
                                I'm going to direct you to this post, it explains the situation beautifully.

                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2109

                                Welcome back, dana!
                                Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                                at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

                                R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X