Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, after Weir is gone, there is nothing to convince me to continue watching. And yes, Atlantis was always in big fat SG - 1's shadow. And now that same shadow may swallow Atlantis, just like the sea.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Do i get a hug too? *loves hugging*.
      My hug is for everyone!! So (((HUG))) again!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      OMG! Two Sheyla hugs. Don't tell anybody. My Sparkyfanatic reputation will be ruined. I hope you guys are beginning to see that some of us aren't so bad also.

Wait, aren't we supposed to be anti? Altogether now: We are united in our anti-S4ness!
      LOL, I'm sure I'm committing treason by being in this thread. Sparky fans bad? No way. I have love for anyone who loves the show...well, at least the first three seasons of it!

And yes, we're all together. That's the power of the Anti; it can even unite the Sparky and Sheyla people. Now that's some awesome influence!
      sigpic
      Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Yappi, I think JM and the rest of that bunch finally managed to unite the fans - by doing things fans don't want to see. Call it an irony! (it's well known that people of different oppinions unite when they face mutual enemy).

Comment

Well, after Weir is gone, there is nothing to convince me to continue watching. And yes, Atlantis was always in big fat SG - 1's shadow. And now that same shadow may swallow Atlantis, just like the sea.
          Isn't sad that if Atlantis were to sink, I just wouldn't care anymore? As long as Lorne got outta there safely, I could go on living life.

I third that "Let's send them the 10 Commandments" sentiment.

Also, I've had good experiences with Sheyla shippers. Most of them. I made a couple posts in the Sheyla thread, just to ask a question or two and YappiChick was there with open arms. [hugs] Such a sweetheart.

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

A little OT - shippers/posters like Yappi make me love forums. We don't have to agree but we can respect and like each other and the bottom line - sci fi and shows like SGA bring people together, and that is one amazing thing.

Back to topic! When i started watchig SGA my fav character was Shep, but slowly Elizabeth won me over. Without her... it can't be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
              They don´t care for Atlantis fans. They never did. They are doing this just because they want to bring SG1 fans who don´t watch SGA just because of the fact that there isn´t any character of SG1.
              So they brought Carter. Their favorite puppy is there and they just simply cross to watch SGA. .
              ha!! i just got this mental image of carter as a golden retreiver puppy running around yipping at everyone and THE POWERS THAT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING patting her head and telling her to sit, shake, rollover....

... goodness, that is the most negative thing in the world but the image will not go away.

*still laughing*

*pause*

*yep. still laughing*

sigpic
              thanks Erised for the sig!

Comment

Back to topic! When i started watchig SGA my fav character was Shep, but slowly Elizabeth won me over. Without her... it can't be the same.
                me too
                sadly though, both these characters suffered behavioral alterations in season 3.
                Sheppard started acting like a child
                and Elizabeth became the queen of sarcasm
                and don't even get me started on the Mike Barton thing, it was so out of character for her.

and now they want to off her completely can't forgive them for that

Comment

carterpuppy! growls at mike barton...

... okay, i know, taking it too far.
                  sigpic
                  thanks Erised for the sig!

Comment

Well too far or not, you just made me laugh!!! Yeah I agree, Sheppard started acting like a big kid.

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                      See? The JT people aren't so bad But seriously, when you take away the dynamic of a show by replacing 1/3 of the regular casat, the quality of the show gets lost. No ship can stand up to that...bottom line.

And ((((HUGS))))) to all the Antis... Now you got another hug!
                      Aw, you are awesome and make sense. I've had some bad experiences with some J/T shippers, but every ship group has extremes, which we won't go into. *hugs*

Anuna Shep was also my favorite character in s1, his hotness was the reason I started watching, lol, but then Elizabeth and Ronon became my favorites. Shep lost something in s2, which he was getting back in the beginning of s3 but which he lost again by the second half.

Originally posted by crazylizzie View Post
                      carterpuppy! growls at mike barton...

... okay, i know, taking it too far.
                      LMAO. green.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Funny thing I didn't think Shep was hot in the beginning. I don't really remember when I noticed he actually is hot. I liked him in the beginning because I sensed he had a big emotional burden to carry. The coin tossing scene was so brilliant - it said a lot about him! When they turned him into immature flyboy... well that can be fun, but blame it on my profession, I prefer when I can psychoanalyze him.

With Elizabeth it was different - she doesn't carry emotional burden like John does, but what I found in her is a role model and a character that is complex and inetersting. Losing that is simply wrong.

I need to say few things about Teyla too. I wish there was more friendship moments between her and Elizabeth. I missed that so much. Remember those moments with two of them from No Man's Land?? Teyla is someone who is wery wise, who is a good judge of character; someone you can rely on. I think she would be a good psychologist because of that deep emphaty she has and the character judging ability. Whish we could see more of that, and not just fighting, smiling and good looking moments they usually give her. "I'm not invisible" remark from FS seemed like an irony to me - who ever wrote that line did a good job of self criticsm.

I didn't like Ronon that much when I first saw him, but I grew to like him only more and more with time. He is so much smarter than he initially appears. he is wonderfully loyal, someone I'd like to have as a friend.

Rodney... well I better don't start what I like about him. He can be so irritating but deep down inside he is sweet and kind - only he doesn't know how to show it. *sigh* I need to rewatch Tao.

And finally Carson... Well there is the closest thing to saint in any sci fi show (well carson and Data from Star trek are on that list). Who wouldn't like to have a friend like carson, someone who is so sweet and kind and caring??

Now sum this up in your head and take a look - what wonderful characters they are, and what great mixture they make!! Destrying that is a tragedy.

Sorry if I was OT - I just turned mushy from all those hugs - I think people should hug more often!!!

Comment

oof, takes a break from the sparky thread. lol.

I think by the end beginning of s3, I came to like every character in SGA. Which is sad since I was on a roll not hating anyone and then boom, bye Carson and Elizabeth.
                          sigpic
                          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                            me too
                            sadly though, both these characters suffered behavioral alterations in season 3.
                            Sheppard started acting like a child
                            and Elizabeth became the queen of sarcasm
                            and don't even get me started on the Mike Barton thing, it was so out of character for her.

and now they want to off her completely can't forgive them for that
                            i love it when sheppy acts like a kid,,, that and when he gets pissy
                            i love shep!
                            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                              i love it when sheppy acts like a kid,,, that and when he gets pissy
                              i love shep!
                              Me too. Don't go saying nothing bad about my boy. But seriously, he does have his flaws which I hope they will explore in S4. One of the few reasons I will still be watching.

And you guys just reminded me that it was Carson who saved Ronon in Sateda. And then got a hug. Ronon will miss him too.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                And you guys just reminded me that it was Carson who saved Ronon in Sateda. And then got a hug. Ronon will miss him too.
                                I don't think so. I think the writers dropped the ball...for all the "shaking things up a bit" that Carson's death was supposed to provide, there was no reaction (or even a mention of him) in the remaining few eps of S3 (wait, there was one slight mention of his name in the final ep). I don't think anyone's missed Carson and I doubt they'll suddenly start missing him in S4. Makes me dread even more whatever's going to be done to get Weir out of Atlantis!

Comment

Working...
                                X