Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stclare View Post
    yep lj is being a right b***h at the moment i cant access any lj friends, thats almost annoying as whats happenin at sga at the moment
    Seriously I pay for lj, it shouldn't be down for this long.
    sigpic
    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      Even if the plots are miraculously improved next season, the episodes will still be lame without half the original cast (IMO, of course).
      Like that will happen!! I just don't see THAT coming.

@puzzle - I agree there, if main reasons for watching any show are gone, then why watch it? I can find a better way to spend my time.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

You know when I read all the upcoming "adventures" for the crew, I either end up A.) cringing (Teyla's pregnancy) B.) ranting (the departure of Carson/Weir) C.) being bored (most of the other plotlines). I find it interesting because I'm not a Weir/Sheppard shipper, I like the Rodney/Sheppard banter, and I didn't think First Strike was horrible.

There's just something this is disconcerting when there are unnecessary cast changes and making a "soft reset". It makes me wonder who they are really wanting their target audience to be?
        sigpic
        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Like that will happen!! I just don't see THAT coming.
          It would be funny if s4 sucked plot-wise cause now the writers are making an effort, or so it seems.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
            It would be funny if s4 sucked plot-wise cause now the writers are making an effort, or so it seems.
            I would die laughing.

YappiChick I think you may be the first sheyla shipper that I like. LOL.
            I don't really know who they intend to keep happy but it sure as hell isn't Atlantis fans. Why do they think that everyone that watches Atlantis automatically also loves SG1. Their bringing in Carter because she doesn't need development but what will the people that don't watch SG1 think when she is never really explored or whatever. She will seem like a mary sue.
            Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 24 July 2007, 04:22 PM.
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
              I would die laughing.

I don't really know who they intend to keep happy but it sure as hell isn't Atlantis fans. Why do they think that everyone that watches Atlantis automatically also loves SG1. Their bringing in Carter because she doesn't need development but what will the people that don't watch SG1 think when she is never really explored or whatever. She will seem like a mary sue.
              Actually, in my newly minted peaceful co-existence state, I have found something in common with more than one J/T shipper. I even got a hug from one of them. LOL. I tell you TPTB have unintentionally united us.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I would die laughing.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Actually, in my newly minted peaceful co-existence state, I have found something in common with more than one J/T shipper. I even got a hug from one of them. LOL. I tell you TPTB have unintentionally united us.
                See? The JT people aren't so bad But seriously, when you take away the dynamic of a show by replacing 1/3 of the regular casat, the quality of the show gets lost. No ship can stand up to that...bottom line.

And ((((HUGS))))) to all the Antis... Now you got another hug!
                sigpic
                Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Do i get a hug too? *loves hugging*.

I completely agree about ruining team dynamic - I still wonder how do they intend to put together all those big dramatic things they are talking about into single season? First you lose behind the camera dynamic that, IMO, influluences what we see on screen. And second - I had enough of changes and losses in my RL. I don't need a TV show to remind me of those times of my life. Call me cheesy, but I like my shows to be happy, squeeable, funny, and offering something for everyone. Why do i have a feeling SGA would break my heart?

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                    See? The JT people aren't so bad But seriously, when you take away the dynamic of a show by replacing 1/3 of the regular casat, the quality of the show gets lost. No ship can stand up to that...bottom line.

And ((((HUGS))))) to all the Antis... Now you got another hug!
                    OMG! Two Sheyla hugs. Don't tell anybody. My Sparkyfanatic reputation will be ruined. I hope you guys are beginning to see that some of us aren't so bad also.

Wait, aren't we supposed to be anti? Altogether now: We are united in our anti-S4ness!
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

For all the anti's:

Comment

United we stand in our S4 anti-ness!!!

Now, can anybody give me an extra hug? I'm down after these "we'll - maybe - kill - someone - off - again" comments!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          United we stand in our S4 anti-ness!!!

Now, can anybody give me an extra hug? I'm down after these "we'll - maybe - kill - someone - off - again" comments!!!
                          Scroll up for my Weir hug.

Comment

Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

*is feeling better*

Comment

I would die laughing.

They don´t care for Atlantis fans. They never did. They are doing this just because they want to bring SG1 fans who don´t watch SGA just because of the fact that there isn´t any character of SG1.
                                So they brought Carter. Their favorite puppy is there and they just simply cross to watch SGA. And some of them will probably watch first 3 seasons just bc of catching the story. But they have Carter there.
                                They don´t care for Atlantis fans. Atlantis was always the second, less important. It was obvious even in promotion. SG1 had last season, everyone knew it but the kept promoting it and Atlantis was still in backgound. So now, they will screw up also SGA, and we won´t have any stargate. Just because of the stupid idea to keep SG1 alive.

Bitterness, form me? Never I am not anti-S4, I am still watching because of McKay, Zelenka or Lorne. But they will have lots of work to convince me.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Working...
                                X