Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one was a success too.

Someone should think of another game.
    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

The Shep/McKay dynamic is a real hit or miss for me. Sometimes it's written well and other times it feels forced - like the writer stuck a quip or snark between those two that felt out of place with the scene or the atmosphere of the moment. It makes me wonder if there's a S/M quota that they have to fill or something. Less is more, guys.

I'm also really hoping that TPTB move away from Shep and/or Rodney constantly saving the day. I understand that they're the two golden boys of the show, but it gets really boring when it always comes down to them while Weir/Teyla/Ronon/Zelenka/et al. passively get to watch/get saved/make comments.

I think a episode completely lacking Shep and Rodney could be a good idea to really bring out the other characters. If TPTB can pull it off, that is. 42 minutes of "Where's Sheppard?" "I dunno, where's Rodney?" doesn't count.

Comment

I don't care if the other characters get more emphasis. You're right - Rodney and Shep don't have to be front and center all the time. Just don't destroy their relationship the way they did with Jack and Daniel on SG-1. That's all I'm asking. Give me a couple good episodes like Echoes and Tao and I'll be happy.
        Last edited by Killdeer; 22 July 2007, 08:12 AM.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          I don't care if the other characters get more emphasis. You're right - Rodney and Shep don't have to be front and center all the time. Just don't destroy their relationship the way they did with Jack and Daniel on SG-1. That's all I'm asking. Give me a couple good episodes like Echoes and Tao and I'll be happy.
          agreed, i hope you get that ((hugs))

i for one loved those moments along with all the little moment shep and liz shared... i'm not a shipper at all but you could see a friendship there.. and i especially loved when they butted heads... *happy sigh*. so much goodness lost
          Last edited by parisindy; 22 July 2007, 10:37 AM.
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

So McKay is supposed to drive Carter and Keller crazy in some episode, huh? Is there really any ep Sue won't be in next season? Because everything seems to be about her so far. What she will do, what the other characters will do to annoy her and so forth. SG: Carter?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
              The Shep/McKay dynamic is a real hit or miss for me. Sometimes it's written well and other times it feels forced - like the writer stuck a quip or snark between those two that felt out of place with the scene or the atmosphere of the moment. It makes me wonder if there's a S/M quota that they have to fill or something. Less is more, guys.

I'm also really hoping that TPTB move away from Shep and/or Rodney constantly saving the day. I understand that they're the two golden boys of the show, but it gets really boring when it always comes down to them while Weir/Teyla/Ronon/Zelenka/et al. passively get to watch/get saved/make comments.

I think a episode completely lacking Shep and Rodney could be a good idea to really bring out the other characters. If TPTB can pull it off, that is. 42 minutes of "Where's Sheppard?" "I dunno, where's Rodney?" doesn't count.
              I don't particularly mind the Shep/McKay banter . . . in moderation. TPTB found that these two play well off each other and so they went with it. But there needs to be some balance. There are other characters out there just crying out for some purpose of being.

For instance, what exactly is Teyla's role? I know she has loyal fans and I would personally hate to see her treated as badly as Carson and Elizabeth, but her only purpose on the show seems to be to look sternly at one of the boys when they act stupidly or rashly. I guess it doesn't exactly hurt that she also looks good in tight fitting clothing. LOL. Even Ronon seems to get more dialogue than she does . . . which isn't saying much (BTW, he also looks good in tight fitting leather - not that I'm shallow or anything. )

There have been other shows with large ensemble casts that managed to give every character their "due". Don't know why these guys can't make it work.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                So McKay is supposed to drive Carter and Keller crazy in some episode, huh? Is there really any ep Sue won't be in next season? Because everything seems to be about her so far. What she will do, what the other characters will do to annoy her and so forth. SG: Carter?

Yeah, I'm not enthused about the sound of this episode either.

Although I will say the new JF-pitch episode sounds very intriguing. Sheppard goes back to earth and we get some backstory. I'm all for that!
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know yet if Carter's 14 episodes will coincide with Weir's four. As much as I love Elizabeth, I don't know if I can even watch her paltry four episodes if Carter is in them also. I think the one-two punch of saying goodbye to Weir, while watching the other take her place will create more aggravation than just not watching at all (which is my first inclination).
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                    Does anyone know yet if Carter's 14 episodes will coincide with Weir's four. As much as I love Elizabeth, I don't know if I can even watch her paltry four episodes if Carter is in them also. I think the one-two punch of saying goodbye to Weir, while watching the other take her place will create more aggravation than just not watching at all (which is my first inclination).
                    I think Carter will be in at least two of Weir's episodes, Adrift, and This Mortal Coil. I don't know for sure that she will be in TMC, but it seems very likely. In Adrift, we know that she shows up, I'm guessing near the end?, to save the day. But then I think she goes back to earth and comes back to the show in Reunion. So she probably will not be in Lifeline, which is the other Weir episode that we know of right now.

This is my guess - not confirmed facts.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    sigpic

Comment

I think Carter will be in at least two of Weir's episodes, Adrift, and This Mortal Coil. I don't know for sure that she will be in TMC, but it seems very likely. In Adrift, we know that she shows up, I'm guessing near the end?, to save the day. But then I think she goes back to earth and comes back to the show in Reunion. So she probably will not be in Lifeline, which is the other Weir episode that we know of right now.

This is my guess - not confirmed facts.

Thanks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to see at least one or two of Elizabeth's episodes.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                        (BTW, he also looks good in tight fitting leather - not that I'm shallow or anything.
                        *waves hand* I am! I am shallow hehehehe guess i'll have to be shallow on my own then.... hehehehehehehe
                        goes off to drool
                        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                          agreed, i hope you get that ((hugs))

i for one loved those moments along with all the little moment shep and liz shared... i'm not a shipper at all but you could see a friendship there.. and i especially loved when they butted heads... *happy sigh*. so much goodness lost
                          Thanks. Yes, I very much enjoyed the relationship between the three of them, Shep, Rodney, and Elizabeth. Like you, I didn't ship any of them, but I did see strong friendship between the three, and I enjoyed it. I will definitely miss Elizabeth.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                            *waves hand* I am! I am shallow hehehehe guess i'll have to be shallow on my own then.... hehehehehehehe
                            goes off to drool
                            Okay, okay . . . I will admit it . . . I am shallow too.

I even remember JM from Baywatch Hawaii (which I never watched voluntarily, but my mom loved the show and I would watch with her when I was at her house) Of course, he was younger and much less "developed" back then, but still a vision to behold. LOL.
                            sigpic

Comment

[raises hand] I'll be shallow with you, parisindy.

Thanks. Yes, I very much enjoyed the relationship between the three of them, Shep, Rodney, and Elizabeth. Like you, I didn't ship any of them, but I did see strong friendship between the three, and I enjoyed it. I will definitely miss Elizabeth.
                              There were some great moments between not only those three but the entire cast of Atlantis. Taking certain characters out of the mix takes away from everyone else. They all fed off of each other in different ways in different situations. With Carson and Elizabeth gone, it throws everything off. Yes, there will still be moments between John and Rodney, but there are undeveloped interactions we won't see anymore because one more more of the characters are gone.

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

I don't think Carter is in Lifeline or Travellers. She might not be in the two earth-based episodes either, just a guess. I can't think of what other episodes she might not be in, though.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X