Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Actually it is..

(Live) + (Same Day) + (Live + 3) - (C3) = Final Ratings

I don't understand it. Can you explain it? in simple english words
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Actually it is..

(Live) + (Same Day) + (Live + 3) - (C3) = Final Ratings
      Okay. And where is the famous Live+7 that you're so fond of?

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        Profit good, loss...baaaad

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          Originally posted by Pajus View Post
          Okay. And where is the famous Live+7 that you're so fond of?
          Live + 7 is for 7 days of DVR playback. It was first introduced last year er um 2006. It shows the total amount of viewers time-shifting the show for the week. Yes, there is no such thing as Live + 365. lol. Live + 3 was introduced this season(Fall) to take account the first three days of DVR viewing which where most of the DVR playback occurs. The report measures the commericial viewing which is called C3. SGA scored very well with commercial viewing and SCI FI announced they are a cable leader in C3. So these DVR numbers are more important since people are watching the commercials or at least some of them. So it's not just fluff.

Nielsen only will technically release Live + 7 to the public, which is truly not far off than Live + 3, since most of the DVR playback occurs in the first 3 days. There is not much of a difference between + 3 and + 7 .

From an article I read, I can provide the link if you like. That the network found loyal viewers that were not counted until now or um after the C3 report.

Again, just some facts.

I am not trying to be a jerk here. I'm just trying to show you that DVR is being counted and is important to the network. That's all.
          sigpic

Comment

Live + 7 is for 7 days of DVR playback. It was first introduced last year er um 2006. It shows the total amount of viewers time-shifting the show for the week. Yes, there is no such thing as Live + 365. lol. Live + 3 was introduced this season(Fall) to take account the first three days of DVR viewing which where most of the DVR playback occurs. The report measures the commericial viewing which is called C3. SGA scored very well with commercial viewing and SCI FI announced they are a cable leader in C3. So these DVR numbers are more important since people are watching the commercials or at least some of them. So it's not just fluff.

Nielsen only will technically release Live + 7 to the public, which is truly not far off than Live + 3, since most of the DVR playback occurs in the first 3 days. There is not much of a difference between + 3 and + 7 .

From an article I read, I can provide the link if you like. That the network found loyal viewers that were not counted until now or um after the C3 report.

Again, just some facts.

99% of statistics are made up on the spot .

Comment

For crying out loud. Isn't there a thread to talk about ratings? Can we go five minutes in here without a post about DVR+365?

Bottom line, not many people care enough to watch the show live. That speaks volumes, IMO. In a country with 300 million people, a huge number of whom have cable/scifi, they attract an audience of 1.6 million and think that's good?

In a country of 20 million, like where I live, 1.6 million might be good. In a country like the US, with so many people it doesn't look so flash.

Comment

Again, just some facts.

I am not trying to be a jerk here. I'm just trying to show you that DVR is being counted and is important to the network. That's all.
                What are you waiting for? Post the link!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                  For crying out loud. Isn't there a thread to talk about ratings? Can we go five minutes in here without a post about DVR+365?

Bottom line, not many people care enough to watch the show live. That speaks volumes, IMO. In a country with 300 million people, a huge number of whom have cable/scifi, they attract an audience of 1.6 million and think that's good?

In a country of 20 million, like where I live, 1.6 million might be good. In a country like the US, with so many people it doesn't look so flash.
                  Guess I was too subtle and we need something like this to convey our message

Comment

What are you waiting for? Post the link!
                    Ok I am only continueing the conversation because you asked for the link, I think some people are ready to kill me, but here it is...

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6499781.html

One such option is to compare the C3 number with the metric used last year—simple live viewing of a program. But with smaller audiences overall and programming that varies widely from network to network, cable's performance is harder to gauge. Sci Fi's Stargate Atlantis and Flash Gordon each rank in the top-five programs for commercial-viewing on DVR in the 25-54 demo. That's a point of validation for a network that has long believed DVR-less ratings didn't accurately reflect the size of the young, tech-savvy audiences devoted to its shows.

“Finally we can monetize a very loyal audience that has been excluded until now,” says Sci Fi Executive VP/General Manager Dave Howe.
                    sigpic

Comment

“Finally we can monetize a very loyal audience that has been excluded until now,” says Sci Fi Executive VP/General Manager Dave Howe.
                      I'm very disappointed in you, Briangate! You keep forgetting about the first rule of facts verification: NEVER trust numbers/statements publisher by those, who are interested in making them look either good or bad! Chances are they're bogus! Those, who are really looking for the truth always find independent sources and use their numbers.

Comment

I'm very disappointed in you, Briangate! You keep forgetting about the first rule of facts verification: NEVER trust numbers/statements publisher by those, who are interested in making them look either good or bad! Chances are they're bogus! Those, who are really looking for the truth always find independent sources and use their numbers.
                        Meh, after seeing the number differences, I really don't need the network telling me that DVR is impacting SGA's ratings, when I already know. The network is not going to lie about the C3 report. That is one thing I did not know until that article and the other PR that was released. This one here... Scroll to the bottom.

http://www.nbcumv.com/scifi/release_...39ssensat.html
                        sigpic

Comment

You too are cruisin` for a brusin`

*both of you go to your room *

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            You too are cruisin` for a brusin`

*both of you go to your room *
                            BTW, nice Shark, is Sheppard going to be eaten?
                            sigpic

Comment

BTW, nice Shark, is Sheppard going to be eaten?
                              Please don't let the shark eat him. The only right way for Sheppard to die is a combination of a court martial and a firing squad (he's done more than enough to deserve it)

Comment

Please don't let the shark eat him. The only right way for Sheppard to die is a combination of a court martial and a firing squad (he's done more than enough to deserve it)
                                If Sheppard gets killed off, you guys better have a spot for me on the couch there. I don't think I could handle two of my favorite characters gone, lol.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X