Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
    Oh yea, I saw that. I must say though, that it was getting heated in there. Not too much discussing going on.

Comment

yeah well its obvious only sam fans are allowed opinions
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Can I just interject here a little? Everyone is still very much allowed to talk about Weir, but there will be no more discussion between fans. That is to say, both Pro-Weir and Anti-Weir fans are no longer allowed to discuss and, more specifically, argue between the two groups on the subject of Weir, but they can still talk amongst themselves about Weir.

As for the subject of Sam, both Pro-Sam amd Anti-Sam people have full rights to talk about Sam in any way they wish...within reason.

Comment

I think it was more the way that opinions were expressed (on both sides) that was the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            As for the subject of Sam, both Pro-Sam amd Anti-Sam people have full rights to talk about Sam in any way they wish...within reason.
            I highly doubt that any anti sam discussions in a general thread will last, by saying no weir discussions in general threads the lines have been drawn
            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

ITA this seems fishy to me.
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I highly doubt that any anti sam discussions in a general thread will last, by saying no weir discussions in general threads the lines have been drawn
                They will last as long as those who are willing to make those comments continues to make them. It's not against the rules or anything. So go ahead and argue your head off about Sam coming to Atlantis, it'll be allowed.

Perhaps it's best if you ask the mods themselves in that Ask the Mods thread about all of this. Making comments about Carter fans behind their backs aren't exactly...good.

Comment

They will last as long as those who are willing to make those comments continues to make them. It's not against the rules or anything. So go ahead and argue your head off about Sam coming to Atlantis, it'll be allowed.

Perhaps it's best if you ask the mods themselves in that Ask the Mods thread about all of this. Making comments about Carter fans behind their backs aren't exactly...good.
                  its not behind their backs... more sam fans read this thread then antis
                  and honestly i am just so tired of this crap over all. I am tired of putting myself out there... every time i do it just gets worse. This is like the last piece of the last straw...

i feel whumped

i remember when i used to come here and i had fun
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Well, I think you should just step back and look at the big picture. The loss of a beloved character from one of your favorite TV show is hard to deal with and is indeed a big deal for most of us, but this is just a technical ruling from the mods who had had enough of all this bullcrap being thrown from one fan to another. There is no discrimination between the fans; most, if not all of the fans have participated in this and have led to this decision being made.

It's nothing personal, it's not the "Sam fans" winning or anything else that's made to segragate certain fans.

Comment

its not behind their backs... more sam fans read this thread then antis
                      and honestly i am just so tired of this crap over all. I am tired of putting myself out there... every time i do it just gets worse. This is like the last piece of the last straw...

i feel whumped
                      ((HUGS))

i remember when i used to come here and i had fun
                      We can still have fun in this thread? Want to watch anti-tv?

Comment

It's nothing personal, it's not the "Sam fans" winning or anything else that's made to segragate certain fans.
                        it sure the heck feels like sides have been chosen. if it wasn't then it would have said Sam and Weir

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                        ((HUGS))
                        We can still have fun in this thread? Want to watch anti-tv?
                        thanks but i think i'm going to go do laundry :hugs:
                        right now even that makes me happier

i love the antis i was just remember when i used to come here and got excited about what i saw, i know its hard to believe but i wasn't always an anti.

i miss being hopeful
                        Spoiler:

Comment

This really isn't fair. Sam is not the only girl character in Stargate that should be respected. I lurk in the Anti Season 10 thread and you should see how they rail against Vala and they also do it in general discussion threads too they make some vicious comments about the character. I think the shoe is on the other foot myself Sam coming to SGA is doing what the Sam fans feared about Vala doing to SG-1. Their main beef with Vala from I can see it took screen time away from Sam her storyline wasn't as prominent as previous seasons but at least Sam was still there unlike Weir who got demoted and replaced and will only be there for 4 episodes. This is the impression I get from them Vala took over the show and ruined it but it is OK for Sam to come in and replace someone.
                          sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

i have no real opinion on sg-1 but i see your point ... thanks for sharing it PP29
                            ((hugs))

i agree its like sam can save stargate and imho its quite the oppisite
                            Spoiler:

Comment

I agree with Paris. It doesn't make sense to impose a Dr. Weir only moratorium. Dr. Weir and Carter go hand in hand nowadays. If Sam discussions are still allowed in the general s4 threads, legitimate Anti-Carter comments might be interpreted as PRO Weir and end up deleted. On the other hand, PRO Carter comments (considered Anti-Weir by her supporters) might stay.

Personally, I don't care about the moratorium cause I rarely post in the other threads for pure lack of interest, but fellow posters clearly do, and their voices should be heard, IMO.
                              sigpic

Comment

Guys, the only reason there's a moritorium on weir talk is because the pro weir and the anti weir folks are incapable of DISCUSSING it. All they - or to be fair a small number on both sides - want to do is lob insults at each other, harrass each other and generally behave like spoiled brats.

We've tried for months to broker some peace and calm things down...it hasn't worked and we're sick and tired of the endless fighting.

You want to diss sam, go for it. She's been a target for years and, as a sam fan, i don't care what people say or think about her. Bash her to your hearts content. Just keep it to the appropriate threads and keep it within the rules.

However, let's lose the 'other fans' comments. Spending their time worrying about what 'other fans' were saying and doing is precisely what started the whole Weir mess.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X