This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask the Moderators

Have a question for the moderators or owner of GateWorld Forum? Here's your chance to get that elusive answer!

There are some rules for this thread specifically:

1) We see a lot of repeated questions, so before you ask check the FAQ (link at the top of every page), do a search, and quickly peruse the last few days' worth of posts here in the 'Ask the Mods' thread. At least 50 percent of the time, you'll find the answer.

2) No conversation in this thread. The thread is for people to ask the mods questions, and to get quick (and hopefully helpful) answers. Commentary, suggestions, and chatter are welcome -- but in a different thread, please. From now on we will be strictly enforcing this; posts that go beyond questions and the mods' answers, unless they particularly contribute something helpful to the exchange, will be deleted.

3) From now on, leave the answering in this one thread to the mods. That means that if you're asking a question, it ought to be something that only the mods can answer. For everything else, look for another thread in this folder where your fellow forum members can help. (That may be a better place to ask, and a better way to get a quick answer, since most questions about the forum and how things work shouldn't require mod attention, specifically.)

4) This thread is also not for requests for action. It's not the place to ask for threads to be merged or for titles to be changed. The Report Post feature is there for that purpose.

This is a continuation of a previous thread. Check it out for lots of fascinating questions and their obtuse answers.

The Mods
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 10 July 2022, 11:30 PM.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

You guys have any plans of adding this to the Pre-Defined avatars? Because if you did I wouldn't be very happy. I plan to put that as my custom avatar when I hit 1801 posts because it has to do with my name (as seen with my rotating sig).
    sigpic

Comment

Nope, no plans that I know of. Would you rather it be publically available to all?

Comment

I have a very good question

When are you going to tell me why exactly I am on restriction, Saying I ambushed some with a PM is kind of general. I was PMing people left and right at the time. And why don't you punish the people that started calling me names (in rep comments) I have a screen shot if you want proof or you could just go into the Admin panel and look for yourself

Comment

Okay, possibly dumb question, but . . . I'm planning on making a sig with Teyla and Ronon in it, with the caption of . . . "Don't let appearances decieve you, this is an Amazonian Women and her B*tch."

Please tell me that's not *too* inappropriate. I don't want to be dinged on that later on.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
          I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
          Spoiler:
          Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

how about

this is an amazon and her lap dog? or something less offensive than the B word

even still, you may want to consider the fact that ronon fans may not be too fond of having him seen that way

your choice, but you may wish to consider the other side before you adopt it
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
              Nope, no plans that I know of. Would you rather it be publically available to all?
              No, Just to me. The Pyramid blowing up is from Full Circle, just like my name, which Anubis said before Daniel tried to stop him from Destroying Abydos and failed. The Blowing up pyramid is unique to the episode and my name.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                how about

this is an amazon and her lap dog? or something less offensive than the B word

even still, you may want to consider the fact that ronon fans may not be too fond of having him seen that way

your choice, but you may wish to consider the other side before you adopt it
                Okay, see . . . I figured as much. That's why I asked.

And, ShadowMaat, yeah, my grammer sucks. Always has. Thanks for pointing it out.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                Spoiler:
                Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Col. Newman,

As you probably know, the mods do not discuss the moderation of individuals in public. I can dig up the specific PM that was reported to me if you really have a question about it.

Comment

Are post in this section not counted as it was before?

Comment

It would only be acceptable if the word that the forum bleeps is self-bleeped to a sufficient degree. "B****" is acceptable; "B*tch" is seen as trying to circumvent the profanity filter.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Whistler84
                      Okay, possibly dumb question, but . . . I'm planning on making a sig with Teyla and Ronon in it, with the caption of . . . "Don't let appearances decieve you, this is an Amazonian Women and her B*tch."

Please tell me that's not *too* inappropriate. I don't want to be dinged on that later on.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                        Are post in this section not counted as it was before?
                        Posts in this section are counted. After the folder restructure is finished, all posts will go toward your post count except those in the Off-Topic Chatter and Testing Ground folders.

Comment

just gotta say thx Darren and the rest of the mods for giving' us RPers our fourm.

(i go to work... get home... go to GW... see a whole new look... well not new but improved.)

why are the custom avs set at 65x60 and the personal avs are set at the 100x100.. not sure if anyone has actually asked that or not... but if it has... sorry.
                          sigpic

Comment

Could I make a request for two threads to be merged?

Roleplaying Section and Role-Playing: Rules, Regs, and Information to be renamed:

Role-playing: FAQs\Information\Signup

And put in the roleplaying section of course.
                            Thanks in advanced.

Comment

can i ask why several of my thread have disappeared, one fromA2, one from S9, 1 from OT and another from GD so i dont see how it could be a glitch, was the content hazerdous or something???
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X