Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
    I remember reading

Spoiler:
    a piece of dialogue in one of the threads between Keller and Weir. One of them says that Weir died a few months ago. But I don't know if it was Dup!Weir trying to pull a fast one or how realiable the source is...

Maybe, you know, the real Weir is on the Replicator planet and it gets blown up. Then we could have John at the end talking to the rest of the team saying something to the effect of, "Well, you know Weir. I wouldn't be surprised if we run into her again." Then, TPTB can say years later, "Um, Weir isn't coming back because she died in that explosion."

Because if it worked for Ford, it can work for her too.
    Yes, I've read that too. (under cut is the excerpt)

Spoiler:
    KELLER: Dr. Weir.
    WEIR: That's what you named me.
    KELLER: There's no point in calling you anything else. You're exactly like her in every way.
    WEIR: Except that I'm not her.
    KELLER: No. The real Elizabeth Weir was killed several months ago. Part of her brain had been replaced by nanites. It was done to save her life, but it made her dangerous. Whenever she linked with other Replicators, the human part of her exerted an unhealthy influence. At least that's the way Oberoth saw it.
    WEIR: But you don't agree.
    KELLER: Why do you think we did all this? Your humanity is what we're interested in. Because the Ancients created us with one fatal flaw ...
    WEIR: You can't ascend. That's what you're after, isn't it?
    To me it sounds like a) Replicator's are in Elizabeth's head and messing with her or b) Repli!Keller talking to Repli!Weir with half-scrubbed memory.

Spoiler:
    I think, that if she (the original) survives TMC, then in the second part of the season, Replicators get destroyed and somehow they will know she's dead.

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
      I remember reading

Spoiler:
      a piece of dialogue in one of the threads between Keller and Weir. One of them says that Weir died a few months ago. But I don't know if it was Dup!Weir trying to pull a fast one or how realiable the source is...

Maybe, you know, the real Weir is on the Replicator planet and it gets blown up. Then we could have John at the end talking to the rest of the team saying something to the effect of, "Well, you know Weir. I wouldn't be surprised if we run into her again." Then, TPTB can say years later, "Um, Weir isn't coming back because she died in that explosion."

Because if it worked for Ford, it can work for her too.

Hehe I like

Spoiler:
      Dup!Weir expression. I read the same dialogue and I understood that real Weir died when they actually activated her nanites because that changed her personality, she isn't the same person - so we should count her as "dead". Why does everything have to be so confusing in sci fi? Why can't you just simply "die"? Lol.

Originally posted by dana View Post
      Not, it wasn't but
      Spoiler:
      I wouldn't be surprised if we had all TMC only the duplicated one. Saying that either the original is dead or she escaped. If we're going to see duplicates, then I'll be mad. Very mad. Pissed off. Because then as JF said we could bring her back...yeah but which version? I won't be satisfied with a duplicate and it won't console me.*is grumpy*

I wouldn't be surprised either.

Spoiler:
      It sounds too much like a lame rehash of "Tin Man" to me, only with annoying replicator twist. I hated the Replicators from the first moment I saw them, and I knew there had to be a reason. I was right. Up to now everything that emerged from Replicator plothole was both annoying and predictable.

I agree with dana on dupli!team. I'll be pissed if dup!weir is all we see. I'll be even more pissed if the team buys "she's dead" story.

And yes, JF told us to keep fighting to get Weir back. But exactly, which version' I know which version is my favorite - the wise, smart, compassionate and brave leader, and not some plot device. I want that version back - and heck this is sci fi, and nobody really dies in sci fi, so if they want they can bring regular Weir back. If they can do it with Carson - who was blown off by explosion - hey Replicators offer endless possibilities.

And that was my rant of the day. I just want that damn episode to be over.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
        Yes, I've read that too. (under cut is the excerpt)

Spoiler:
        KELLER: Dr. Weir.
        WEIR: That's what you named me.
        KELLER: There's no point in calling you anything else. You're exactly like her in every way.
        WEIR: Except that I'm not her.
        KELLER: No. The real Elizabeth Weir was killed several months ago. Part of her brain had been replaced by nanites. It was done to save her life, but it made her dangerous. Whenever she linked with other Replicators, the human part of her exerted an unhealthy influence. At least that's the way Oberoth saw it.
        WEIR: But you don't agree.
        KELLER: Why do you think we did all this? Your humanity is what we're interested in. Because the Ancients created us with one fatal flaw ...
        WEIR: You can't ascend. That's what you're after, isn't it?
        To me it sounds like a) Replicator's are in Elizabeth's head and messing with her or b) Repli!Keller talking to Repli!Weir with half-scrubbed memory.

Spoiler:
        I think, that if she (the original) survives TMC, then in the second part of the season, Replicators get destroyed and somehow they will know she's dead.
        Spoiler:
        So we'll learn she died second hand?
        Last edited by mcbarr; 02 December 2007, 07:24 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
          Spoiler:
          So we'll learn she died second hand?
          I wouldn't be surprised...
          Last edited by dana; 02 December 2007, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Spoiler tags people

Just to remind you JM wrote this episode. Don't expect anything original there. Bleh.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              Spoiler:
              Why can't you just simply "die"? Lol.
              Spoiler:
              Like 'falling off a balcony.... in your dream'-dead? *grumpy, bitter & PO'd*
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Spoiler tags people

Just to remind you JM wrote this episode. Don't expect anything original there. Bleh.
                JM= nothing original....by definition

I agree more spoiler tags!!!!

Comment

I don't know if it has been proposed before
                  8. Linkin Park - What I've done = TPTB's reaction when season 5 will be cancelled "Farscape"-style

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                    JM= nothing original....by definition

I agree more spoiler tags!!!!
                    Originally posted by silkie View Post
                    I don't know if it has been proposed before
                    8. Linkin Park - What I've done = TPTB's reaction when season 5 will be cancelled "Farscape"-style
                    Here goes something silly for our list:

Wake me up before you go go - for our PTB, something to dance to when the show gets canceled.

Oh more ideas.

Freedom by Robbie Williams Ironically I think it fits. "You gotta give for what you take". Ha.

Misunderstood by Robbie Williams because that's what antis are.

Sexed up - Robbie Williams because that's what the show is now.... and because I listen to this song (and generally Robbie when I'm really angry, or have to be mean to someone).
                    Last edited by Anuna; 02 December 2007, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                      Has it been confirmed that
                      Spoiler:
                      Weir is really dead and all we're going to see now are duplicates like in TMC? Because that would suck. Big time.

And I'm not too keen about the alternative that Weir is alive but the team only encounters duplicates, leaving the real Weir to be lost and forgotten ala Ford.
                      Spoiler:
                      Unfortunatelly that's what I think is going to happen, Weir's last episode on this show and it won't even be the real her.

Why should I watch then?, what were the campaings for?, if the show gets good ratings (which I'm sure is going to happen) then JM will say it's due to the brilliant direction the best season EVAH! has had (no matter said brilliant direction has manged to bring the most pathetic numbers SGA has seen EVAH!).

Yeah, it won't be because people wanted to see Elizabeth for the last time, just as the drop (YES! Mallozzi, there has been a drop) isn't due to the changes.

And it doesn't matter if people tune in, this won't bring Elizabeth back, they're going to let her fade, whatever, just as I didn't watch season 4 (pathetic excuse of a t.v show that it was), I won't watch season 5, and knowing that Elizabeth is not coming back will help to kill that small part of me that still gives it a thought to the posibility of maybe watching someday because she might be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Unfortunatelly that's what I think is going to happen, Weir's last episode on this show and it won't even be the real her.

Why should I watch then?, what were the campaings for?, if the show gets good ratings (which I'm sure is going to happen) then JM will say it's due to the brilliant direction the best season EVAH! has had (no matter said brilliant direction has manged to bring the most pathetic numbers SGA has seen EVAH!).

Yeah, it won't be because people wanted to see Elizabeth for the last time, just as the drop (YES! Mallozzi, there has been a drop) isn't due to the changes.

And it doesn't matter if people tune in, this won't bring Elizabeth back, they're going to let her fade, whatever, just as I didn't watch season 4 (pathetic excuse of a t.v show that it was), I won't watch season 5, and knowing that Elizabeth is not coming back will help to kill that small part of me that still gives it a thought to the posibility of maybe watching someday because she might be back.

You seem like you wanna shoot somebody .

Comment

Actually I'm not even angry, I'm just psychologically preparing myself for the worst, I'm going through the most likely scenario, so that when it happens I won't feel disappointed. If I have zero hopes then I'll be pleasantly surprised if this doesn't end up being a horrible disaster, the worst and most awful thing to have ever been seen on television, the worst piece of crap to have ever been written.

Worked with Deathly Hallows.

Comment

Updated.
                            Last edited by mcbarr; 03 December 2007, 05:32 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Here goes something silly for our list:

Wake me up before you go go - for our PTB, something to dance to when the show gets canceled.

Oh more ideas.

Freedom by Robbie Williams Ironically I think it fits. "You gotta give for what you take". Ha.

Misunderstood by Robbie Williams because that's what antis are.

Sexed up - Robbie Williams because that's what the show is now.... and because I listen to this song (and generally Robbie when I'm really angry, or have to be mean to someone).
                              What about Feel by Robbie Williams

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                              Spoiler:

That's what fan fiction is good for

If there is anyone you guys want to see dead, please tell my HK-47 protocol/assassination droid. Lately he's been quite annoying with his "Underused assassination protocols" talk. Lucky me I've found a target for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                                What about Feel by Robbie Williams

If there is anyone you guys want to see dead, please tell my HK-47 protocol/assassination droid. Lately he's been quite annoying with his "Underused assassination protocols" talk. Lucky me I've found a target for him.
                                If somebody could add "Feel"? Pls?

I hope I'm not the target of that droid!

TMC might have better ratings because Elizabeth is in it. But they won't skyrocket, and the rest of the season will continue to have crap ratings. *sigh*

It looks like my favorite character is turned into plot device. I need quality fan fiction now.

Comment

Working...
                                X