Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
    I expect the Kindred to do very well, especially with how much the SCB campaign was publicised.
    If 'Elixir-cooking turtle man' brings back respectable ratings to SGA, JM should offer him 'We come in peace, shoot to kill' spot in the opening credits.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      The SEW campaign has done an amazing job. The SCB group did not have people actively undermining everything they did in every way they can so naturally they get more respect. And take that as my completely biased opinion of course.
      I agree. Beckett was the sort who a lot of of people loved, but just as many were all 'meh' about. Nobody really seemed to hate him.

As can be seen on this board, there are people who actively hate Weir, either because she interferes with their ship of choice, or because Torri was hired for the series instead of Jessica Steen.

What really disgusts me about them is that they are ACTIVELY CAMPAIGNING for Torri not to get any more work on this show. It astounds me that someone can do that and have a clear conscience. I can only hope someone in their lives decides they're crap, and someone else should have their job, and karma comes back to bite them on the butt. I mean, she's had four eps this season, and they're still pushing for her to get less. It's disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        they did not promote TMC as a season finale.
        It wasn't a seaon finale. That's why they didn't promote it as one. Their verbage in the ads was correct.

People have dinged them in the past for calling something a "season finale" that wasn't. Now, they get dinged for being accurate.

I am waiting for those final numbers, which I think will match the premiere or maybe even do a little better.
        The typical lift from SD to Plus 7 is 350,000. That would put it below 2 million viewers. So, I will be surprised if it does better than the premiere.

Last year's midseason cliffhanger airing on 9/23/06(very tough time of year) delivered 2.2 million viewers on a live + 7 basis(2.1 million Live + Same Day). Even with DVR's included, quite a few viewers have disappeared since then. Maybe the replicators got em.

Casual viewers come in and out.
        They'll come in more often if they actually found something compelling to stick around for. This casual viewer would stick around. But, every time I try the show out, there's nothing that grabs me.

Meanwhile, I've heard little positive word of mouth outside of Gateworld. I belong to some general SF lists and not one person has said, "check out Atlantis. It's really gotten good."
        Last edited by MediaSavant; 12 December 2007, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
          It wasn't a seaon finale. That's why they didn't promote it as one. Their verbage in the ads was correct.

People have dinged them in the past for calling something a "season finale" that wasn't. Now, they get dinged for being accurate.

The typical lift from SD to Plus 7 is 350,000. That would put it below 2 million viewers. So, I will be surprised if it does better than the premiere.

Last year's midseason cliffhanger airing on 9/23/06(very tough time of year) delivered 2.2 million viewers on a live + 7 basis(2.1 million Live + Same Day). Even with DVR's included, quite a few viewers have disappeared since then. Maybe the replicators got em.
          Yeah I was saying above it was not a season finale in all fairness. Also yeah the 2.2 mil likely fed off from the SG-1 finale.

BTW, would you be able to get that season viewer average from last year? I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Meanwhile, I've heard little positive word of mouth outside of Gateworld. I belong to some general SF lists and not one person has said, "check out Atlantis. It's really gotten good."
          I do volunteer work for SCI FI and the show has been getting a positive Buzz on the streets.
          Last edited by Briangate78; 12 December 2007, 08:35 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
            I agree. Beckett was the sort who a lot of of people loved, but just as many were all 'meh' about. Nobody really seemed to hate him.

As can be seen on this board, there are people who actively hate Weir, either because she interferes with their ship of choice, or because Torri was hired for the series instead of Jessica Steen.

What really disgusts me about them is that they are ACTIVELY CAMPAIGNING for Torri not to get any more work on this show. It astounds me that someone can do that and have a clear conscience. I can only hope someone in their lives decides they're crap, and someone else should have their job, and karma comes back to bite them on the butt. I mean, she's had four eps this season, and they're still pushing for her to get less. It's disgusting.
            TBH, I can't see why anyone would hate Weir. I don't think she has done anything to warrent that, I really don't. But hey, I also don't understand how anyone could hate Sam, but there you go!

BTW, not that I'm denouncing the people who hate Weir here, just so people know. I don't want to deny people their opinions, no matter if I agree with them or not, or wether I understand them. However, I agree that the people who 'actively campaign' for characters to have less screentime are being unfair. Alot of people on these boards have done the same with Amanda/Sam, so I know how you feel.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post

But what was the number of viewers for the back half of season 3 when 7 out of 10 episodes were getting 1.1 and 1.2s? So how many viewers have disappeared since all those episodes in the back half? It is very possible that the first half of season 4 has a more (or equal) viewers than the back half of season 3.

And why would a 1.1 or a 1.2 for TMC be due to Weir? Is the 1.1 for the Seer and Reunion due to Carter? So far it seems season 4 has retained its audience very consistently throughout season 4 when looking at Live + 7 day.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                Yeah I was saying above it was not a season finale in all fairness. Also yeah the 2.2 mil likely fed off from the SG-1 finale.

BTW, would you be able to get that season viewer average from last year? I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

I do volunteer work for SCI FI and the show has been getting a positive Buzz on the streets.
                Good point about SG-1. SGA is holding its own without SG-1 or BSG so far.

Some of the stories have been somewhat boring for me this season, but some have been good. I'm hoping there is more action in the second half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
                  But what was the number of viewers for the back half of season 3 when 7 out of 10 episodes were getting 1.1 and 1.2s? So how many viewers have disappeared since all those episodes in the back half? It is very possible that the first half of season 4 has a more (or equal) viewers than the back half of season 3.
                  Second half s3 was a tragedy due to the hiatus, or so people kept saying here on GW. SG-1 also suffered because of it back then. It's sad that SGA's s4 "retained" those crappy ratings.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                    Second half s3 was a tragedy due to the hiatus, or so people kept saying here on GW. SG-1 also suffered because of it back then. It's sad that SGA's s4 "retained" those crappy ratings.

Ah, I see, hiatus. Is that comparable to SGA premiering for the first time in the Fall, and with no other show at its side, such as SG-1 and BSG? Yes, it retained those crappy ratings to get renewed for a fifth season.

Comment

Ah, I see, hiatus. Is that comparable to SGA premiering for the first time in the Fall, and with no other show at its side, such as SG-1 and BSG? Yes, it retained those crappy ratings to get renewed for a fifth season.
                      Personally I think that season five is mostly about getting that magical figure of 100 eps for syndication, but then I'm cynical like that. I've worked in the media long enough to know that what you see isn't always what you get.

I've seen too many people talking up crap ratings by finding really narrow demographics to say they're good, and I've seen too many people being sacked, not because of their work, but because someone in management wants to hire their best mate.

Comment

Two things can be assumed from the high (skiffy highest ever, actually) ratings for Tin Man and the lack of a boost in ratings for SGA, even though it was heavily advertised during Tin Man:

1) People will turn on the TV if they hear about a show that interests them. The fact that Tin Man set a new ratings record for skiffy goes against claims that people are turning off skiffy or the TV in general and not looking back. Interesting shows will bring in viewers and the casual viewers have not given up on skiffy.

2) No matter how advertised, people will not tune into a show if they are not interested in it. SGA did not benefit from being heavily advertised on Tin Man. Tin Man viewers who had never seen SGA before (or who already knew about it and went "eh") did not deem it interesting enough to start watching. BSG's Razor did not benefit from being heavily advertised on skiffy and other networks. At this point, it's safe to assume that the viewer numbers will never significantly increase for SGA. Same for BSG, especially as it's final season has been held back so long and will likely be divided into two years.

Comment

I'm looking forward to see people who obviously failed maths at school trying to explain how 1.2 > 1.8 or 1.6, LIVE.

You can add all the +whatever numbers you want to, the FACT remains SGA used to get higher numbers LIVE than those tptb get after doing all the jingleminglevoodoo+whatever they do to make it look like a 0.9 is cause for celebrations.

SGA is sinking and while I would have been worried before (back when tptb hadn't killed my squee) all that comes to mind now is a L-M-A-O, bring it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                            You can add all the +whatever numbers you want to, the FACT remains SGA used to get higher numbers LIVE than those tptb get after doing all the jingleminglevoodoo+whatever they do to make it look like a 0.9 is cause for celebrations.
                            I consider DVR viewers semi-antis.
                            sigpic

Comment

Or in other words: Stargate is suffering from the "Star Trek"-Syndrome[1], which always leads to one eventual end: Cancellation of the current series and a near dead franchise.

[1] The Star Trek Syndrome: A PTB that been in charge of the same franchise for too long, are surrounded themselves with mindless drones bending to their every wish and have lost the long term vision for where their franchise is headed, instead they focus on short term gain and maximizing profits. The first signs a franchise is infected with this disease are: Declining ratings, PTBs that make up excuses and refuse to accept the validity of fan and reviewer criticism, and a noticable decline in the quality of the episodes.
                              Signed,

Gregorius
                              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Good point about SG-1. SGA is holding its own without SG-1 or BSG so far.

Some of the stories have been somewhat boring for me this season, but some have been good. I'm hoping there is more action in the second half of the season.
                                It's interesting to know that the last 4 eps of the First half, will have averaged better numbers than the first 4 eps. It looks like they went back up to me.

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                                Hmm that hiatus has made me wonder. Something happened to SCI FI where all the shows have went down. Shows like SGA, SG-1, BSG, Eureka, and even ECW. Still, Ghost Hunters seemed to have not been unchanged. When it's one show or franchise you say to yourself, yeah people are losing interest, but when most of the shows fall down, then something is not right, and it's not the show itself.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X