Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    *sporks dana* I have shoes older than that. Let's put some really old songs in volume 6. How 'bout some Elvis? Hound Dog? I was ...ahem...6 when this came out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGq1MRPDO6I
    ...granpa or granma?

Comment

The Stinky Sock Mix - Volume 5

1. The Hives - Walk Idiot Walk
      2. Nickelback - Far Away
      3. Ray Charles - Hit The Road Jack
      4. James Horner - Hymn To The Sea (Titanic)
      5. Bob Dylan - Blowing In The Wind
      6. CCR - Bad Moon Rising
      7. Kate Rusby & Laura Cantrell - Our Town
      8. Linkin Park - What I've Done
      9. Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go Go
      10. Robbie Williams - Freedom
      11. Robbie Williams - Misunderstood
      12. Robbie Williams - Sexed Up
      13. Robbie Williams - Feel
      14. Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
      15. Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name
      16. Loreena McKennitt - Penelope's Song
      17. Nirvana - Dumb
      18. Rolling Stones - Harlem Shuffle
      19. Loreta - Trouble With Boys
      20. Skillet - Yours To Hold
      I like how Loreena McKennitt is in between RATM and Nirvana *g*

Originally posted by dana View Post
      *shrug* The song came out 1998, I was 12.
      I was 14, into classical music and though this stuff beneath me *g* Today I think it's quite nice to hum along ;-)

And I'm feeling Anti again. I want Elizabeth. *grrrrrrrrr*

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Here's a vid for Weir fans. Everybody is in love with Elizabeth!

Lady in red
        Oh, I *adore* that song, and I've always associated it with Elizabeth. And I loved the video. It made me smile and it gave me pangs. I'm realizing now how long it's been since the last time I watched some classic SGA.

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
          Damn!! I was going to add (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones and The Biggest Mistake by them too
          What was the criteria for the songs?, 'cause there is this song, but it's really old, a tango, and in Spanish, but it's Cuesta Abajo (which means 'downhill') and season 4 + downhill, no explanation needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
            What was the criteria for the songs?, 'cause there is this song, but it's really old, a tango, and in Spanish, but it's Cuesta Abajo (which means 'downhill') and season 4 + downhill, no explanation needed.
            There's none besides that the songs have something to do with season 4 (preferably anti). Downhill definitely qualifies! We need a volume 6 I think...

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

What was the criteria for the songs?
              I think the only criteria is that they have to fit the anti-statement of sorts. Or that something in their text has a reference that could very well apply to season 4... like f.e.: Another One Bites The Dust by Queen, apply this to Doppelganger and you know what I mean.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

SCI FI's Tin Man smashes ratings record

Monday - December 3, 2007 | by Darren Sumner

Night 1 of the new SCI FI Channel miniseries Tin Man is the network's highest rated telecast ever, SCI FI announced today. The first installment in the reimagining of L. Frank Baum's classic tale "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" earned a 4.2 average household rating, and was watched by more than 6.3 million people.
                Full article

Heh, what an embarrassment for every other show on Skiffy! =)

Is this the song/version, Luz?

PS - Other Antis can update The Stinky Sock Mix too.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                  Full article

Is this the song/version, Luz?

PS - Other Antis can update The Stinky Sock Mix too.
                  OMG!, you found it, yes it is, most beautiful tango there is, chorus goes something like this:

And now downhill I go, past illusions I can't reach
                  I dream with the past I yearn for, and the old times I cry for
                  And they're never coming back

Funny how Tin Man got 4.2, uhmmm.... I thought it was no longer possible for a sci-fi channel show to get more than 1.1.

Comment

OMG!, you found it, yes it is, most beautiful tango there is, chorus goes something like this:

And now downhill I go, past illusions I can't reach
                    I dream with the past I yearn for, and the old times I cry for
                    And they're never coming back
                    Cool!

Funny how Tin Man got 4.2, uhmmm.... I thought it was no longer possible for a sci-fi channel show to get more than 1.1.
                    Oh, I'm waiting for the excuses.
                    sigpic

Comment

A 4.2? Interesting. I wonder what the "+DVR" rating will be? It seems to make all the difference. Haha
                      Last edited by BerrySciFi; 03 December 2007, 08:12 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh, I'm waiting for the excuses.
                        JM should read some Communist newspapers. They mastered the art of inventing excuses long before JM was born and he could learn a lot from them. Well... On second thought it's not such a good idea, 'cause JM is capable of saying that the low ratings are due to the "bad influence of American imperialists, who want to destroy our magnificent show"

Comment

Stumbled by accident over this new episode that is supposed to air this Friday. So far nothing is new in this MC. Been there and done that. Sg1 worked with another SG1. Samantha worked with Repli-Sam .... What is going on with these pipol?

Comment

Full article

Well, that shows that it's a crock to say that people just aren't watching tv, or aren't watching scifi as much. It just shows that people will watch something they expect to be a quality production, but won't touch anything else with a ten foot pole.

What are the latest SGA ratings? Was there anything that came out after the 1 that came after the point-9?

I really don't understand when it's there for them to see for themselves, why they won't acknowledge that the season 4 experiment of getting rid of popular characters and replacing them with bland or annoying characters hasn't worked. It's like they either don't care, or they refuse to admit they were wrong.

Just give us back our season three cast, for crying out loud.

And all these people saying that season 4 is the best -- have they actually watched the others? IMO, season one was the best. It all started going down hill once they forgot who the characters were, went for plot and just slotted the character traits in to fit it, and got them back in contact with earth.

Blah.

Comment

gyus, let's make a pool I have a question for you all

Why did you become anti's ?
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                                gyus, let's make a pool I have a question for you all

Why did you become anti's ?
                                Because they got rid of two great, original characters and replaced them with an even blander version of the already bland Sam Carter, and a little cry baby. Keller makes me want to scream. Even more than Carter does. And that's saying something. And it's sad, because I really like Jewel Staite. I loved her on Firefly. This character sucks, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X