Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luz View Post
    I haven't been to the thunk thread in months, I used to spend all my time at GW there and at the S/W thread, but somehow when I stopped watching I felt like I'd handed my fan-card in, don't know how to explain it.

As if I lost my wish to ship and thunk, and any joy I got from the show is gone.

Why'd you stop watching?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
      Why'd you stop watching?
      Many people did (and the ratings are a direct proof of that)

Comment

I haven't been to the thunk thread in months, I used to spend all my time at GW there and at the S/W thread, but somehow when I stopped watching I felt like I'd handed my fan-card in, don't know how to explain it.

As if I lost my wish to ship and thunk, and any joy I got from the show is gone.
        I know how you feel in regards to ship - it's hard for me to stay interested in McWeir now that half the ship is missing and possibly going to die...

Thank goodness for fanfic.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
          ...but WHY? 90 % of SGA in my opinion is crap but it does not stop me from watching. I admit, I watch crap . I think its because SG1 got under my skin so badly ...I simply wanna see what happens with Atlantis and with the Ancients.

Comment

I love the metaphore. It sounds a little bittersweet or maybe my girly hormones are messing with my head big time

That's exactly how I feel as well. I have signed for two ficathons to see if a deadline would help me revive my muse, but so far, no luck.
            What's the point of shipping and thunking if the mere thought of the show (and the good ole times) brings a grimace to your face?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
              I know how you feel in regards to ship - it's hard for me to stay interested in McWeir now that half the ship is missing and possibly going to die...

Thank goodness for fanfic.
              It's not even the ship, I wasn't expecting anything romantic to happen, it was the friendship, I loved seeing the Sheppard/Weir/McKay scenes, and even if I liked the McShep, with Elizabeth gone I lost interest.

I don't know how to explain it, I like Sheppard, I think he's so hot, and I love McKay who is fun and snarky and hot too, and since I still like all the characters from SGA (with the exception of Keller and Carter, but to me they don't count as SGA characters anyway). I should be able to at least watch, but I can't, I can't bring myself to watch, I don't feel like it.

All the things I used to do, watch vids, read fic, watch the episodes over and over again, I'm not interested in doing them anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post

I have a very strong feeling that I'll stop watching SGA too. Fan fiction is far more interesting than these silly episodes in S4
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                  ...but WHY? 90 % of SGA in my opinion is crap but it does not stop me from watching. I admit, I watch crap . I think its because SG1 got under my skin so badly ...I simply wanna see what happens with Atlantis and with the Ancients.
                  me too I'm very curious person. SGA sux, but I wanna see how it will end
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                    Cross your fingers that the show won't drag for another 6 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Vale_Sg1 View Post
                      holy crap. That would be very bad. Another 120 episodes written by Mallozzi and others
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

This happened to me with the X-Files, I hated seasons 6 and 7, but I was too invested and just-COULDN'T-stop watching, I HAD to know how it ended. Luckily I was rewarded with Doggett, sticking around was worth it.

Comment

This happened to me with the X-Files, I hated seasons 6 and 7, but I was too invested and just-COULDN'T-stop watching, I HAD to know how it ended. Luckily I was rewarded with Doggett, sticking around was worth it.
                          but I have a strong feeling that watching SGA won't be worth of it
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vale_Sg1 View Post
                            TPTB will make sure of that

Comment

holy crap. That would be very bad. Another 120 episodes written by Mallozzi and others
                              Maybe they will improve their writing in the process. Who knows?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                                Maybe they will improve their writing in the process. Who knows?
                                ...wishful thinking....

Comment

Working...
                                X