Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
    So far, S4 seems like a totally new show. S4 has nothing to do with S 1-3 of Atlantis. They might as well just rename the show "Atlantis: SG-1" or "Atlantis: We've no idea what we're doing but we want you to watch" and be done with it.
    haha but it's sad really.

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
    I don't know what the chances of that would be. I am not so sure that just removing him would solve all the issues w/ the big picture.
    I agree with McBarr, it would be a start. The person who thought of the brilliant idea that Carson and Elizabeth should go and making Atlantis a copy of SG-1 should be fired.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Yes, that would be awesome.

It'll be a spin-off with sock-puppets.
    yay! I'd watch that instead of the sucky S4 of Atlantis as it is now.

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
    "...Tayla is pregnant..."

LOL!
    "... which is… less fun." LOL I would think so too. Go Joe!

JF: Well, my character has always had less of a back-story than the others. Finally, there’s been enough pressure on the executives to remedy that. Everyone wants to see what Sheppard’s life is all about. It’ll give thefans more of a connection to him.
    Isn't there something wrong with TPTB when the actors need to put pressure on the producers to develop their characters??? They're obviously that incompetent themselves to think of that, what has to be done. It's surprising to me that they haven't sacked Joe yet since he's telling them what to do. Torri also had some complaints about her character and gave them some ideas but they obviously decided that the Weir character is way too much work for them, better eliminate her then, way easier.
    Last edited by Celcool; 25 September 2007, 07:32 AM.
    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
      haha but it's sad really.
      I agree with McBarr, it would be a start. The person who thought of the brilliant idea that Carson and Elizabeth should go and making Atlantis a copy of SG-1 should be fired.

yay! I'd watch that instead of the sucky S4 of Atlantis as it is now.
      "... which is… less fun." LOL I would think so too. Go Joe!

Isn't there something wrong with TPTB when the actors need to put pressure on the producers to develop their characters??? They're obviously that incompetent themselves to think of that, what has to be done. It's surprising to me that they haven't sacked Joe yet since he's telling them what to do. Torri also had some complaints about her character and gave them some ideas but they obviously decided that the Weir character is way too much work for them, better eliminate her then, way easier.
      Alright don't kill me for saying this - I am NO fan of this guy, but is he the one we know for sure who made the decision?

There is something really wrong w/ the actors wanting character development/backstory, specially when they ARE the main character/lead.
      sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
        Alright don't kill me for saying this - I am NO fan of this guy, but is he the one we know for sure who made the decision?
        No killing, don't worry. No, we don't know for sure but I don't like his attitude and if he didn't make the decison, he certainly wasn't against it. I think Cooper and Wright had a lot to do with it. All of them. All of this is just my opinion, guessing really.

Comment

No killing, don't worry. No, we don't know for sure but I don't like his attitude and if he didn't make the decison, he certainly wasn't against it. I think Cooper and Wright had a lot to do with it. All of them. All of this is just my opinion, guessing really.
          If he didn't, what kind of showrunner he is?
          sigpic

Comment

Actually, I've gotten the impression from somewhere (I'm not sure exactly where) that Mallozzi wasn't happy about the decision about Carson. I think he'll probably work to bring him back if he can. He's been very positive toward the Save Carson Beckett campaign.

Elizabeth, however, is another story. I don't have any clues what his position is there.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              Actually, I've gotten the impression from somewhere (I'm not sure exactly where) that Mallozzi wasn't happy about the decision about Carson. I think he'll probably work to bring him back if he can. He's been very positive toward the Save Carson Beckett campaign.
              Of course, he's happy. It's free publicity, who wouldn't be happy with that.

Look at what MGM is doing with the Stargate Team. That's free publicity and they don't have to spend millions of dollars on campaigns, they have the (US/Canadian) fans do the work for them, compensate their effort with prizes, merchandise... nothing they don't already have and as a result doesn't cost them one bit.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Of course, he's happy. It's free publicity, who wouldn't be happy with that.
                Well, yes, but it wasn't just that. It was something else that was said somewhere..... I honestly can't think of it right now, but I do remember that the strong implication was that Mallozzi wasn't overly happy about Paul being let go. If I find the reference, I'll let you know.

And I'm not just saying it to defend Mallozzi - I'm the LAST person in the world to be defending him. But I honestly do think, in the case of Carson, it wasn't his choice. And I do think he'll bring him back if there's any chance to do it.

I don't hold out near so much hope for Elizabeth.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

Well, yes, but it wasn't just that. It was something else that was said somewhere..... I honestly can't think of it right now, but I do remember that the strong implication was that Mallozzi wasn't overly happy about Paul being let go. If I find the reference, I'll let you know.
                  Then who screwed up Martin Gero's version of Sunday?

Comment

Then who screwed up Martin Gero's version of Sunday?
                    The network? Cooper & Wright? Mallozzi wasn't in charge until this season remember.

And who knows, I could be totally wrong about this. And as I said, I have absolutely no inkling of an idea what his opinions are regarding Elizabeth.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    sigpic

Comment

You know, the thing that i'm really worried about the most is how they're going to play out teyla's pregnancy.If they make teyla's baby a "special" baby i'm gone.For once i would like them to have a nice normal baby on a sci-fi show.Not to metion the whole who's the daddy thing.If they play that out this season it'll turn into a soap opera. I want teyla, the baby, and the daddy to be all normal. The whole joe flannigan thing irks me too.An actor shouldn't have to tell the writters and producers that his character needs development.But hey, joe atleast seems to be listening to the anti-threads compliants about the show and is getting the producers to change some of their ideas so that's a good thing.I wouldn't be suprised if joe read the anti-thread.He seems get what we're complaining about alot better than the producers and the writers are.

Comment

The network? Cooper & Wright? Mallozzi wasn't in charge until this season remember.
                        Good point, I had completely forgotten about them.

Comment

There seems to be too many people/entities in charge of Stargate Atlantis. That's the problem, IMO.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                            There seems to be too many people/entities in charge of Stargate Atlantis. That's the problem, IMO.
                            Absolutely.... too many chefs in the kitchen. Somethings gotta go wrong.
                            sig made by me

Comment

Too many people and none of them knows what to do with Atlantis. Changes prove just that. Oh and having a hard time letting go of SG-1 is a huge problem too.

Comment

From the figures.com interview with JF - spoilers - S4:
                                Spoiler:
                                Figures.com: What would you like fans to know about Atlantis and your part in it?

JF: Well, the next season begins in September, so definitely watch it. There are lots of new things going on. There’s a new love interest, a new sexy woman played by Jill Wagner.

And my two cents:
                                Spoiler:
                                Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the "Travelers" woman, yes? And, can I just say "BARF"! I was hoping their little "innuendo fest" would be contained to one episode and we wouldn't have to watch that on a regular basis. Now, maybe JF is just trying to drum up interest by waving the "sexy woman" flag so all the boys will tune in and there really won't be all that much interaction between them, but puuhhhhlease......

Yet another reason to make me go "ewwwww" about S4.
                                sigpic
                                Signature by Erin87

Comment

Working...
                                X