Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
    If you have one relationship (like in Farscape) fine...but I always appreciated the chemistry between the characters in SGA without any biology being involved. (Cheesy, I know...but hey, what can you say?)
    what chemistry? Oh yeah, you have been watching different SGA for three years than us
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

    Comment


      Did anyone else hear that if S5 is renewed, Daniel will be making a guest appearance? I thought I read it on JM's blog.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
        Did anyone else hear that if S5 is renewed, Daniel will be making a guest appearance? I thought I read it on JM's blog.
        I don't read that crap anymore, so no. LOL Sounds like a slow takeover....
        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

        R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

        Comment


          Originally posted by Celcool View Post
          I don't read that crap anymore, so no. LOL Sounds like a slow takeover....
          I only read it here on GW in the JM Blog thread.

          Atlantis: SG-1 has begun! hey ... that rhymes!

          Comment


            I heard that they were very interested in keeping Tapping for next season, having Shanks guest star (oh, and that means Black must be there, seeing as how TPTB have joined those two at the hip ), and maybe even getting Browder to appear.

            Sigh.

            Comment


              Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
              I heard that they were very interested in keeping Tapping for next season, having Shanks guest star (oh, and that means Black must be there, seeing as how TPTB have joined those two at the hip ), and maybe even getting Browder to appear.

              Sigh.
              Remind me again which show was cancelled?

              Comment


                They will manage to get SG-1 canceled twice in a row.
                sigpic

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  I heard that they were very interested in keeping Tapping for next season, having Shanks guest star (oh, and that means Black must be there, seeing as how TPTB have joined those two at the hip ), and maybe even getting Browder to appear.

                  Sigh.
                  The more the merrier . Nothing against that.

                  Remind me again which show was cancelled?
                  Its not like SGA gave birth to SG1. Last time I checked it was the other way around. When O'Neill was talking about magnets the whole SGA cast was admiring the show in front of the TV. Lets be realistic. SGA will never be an independent show. The foundation does not allow that.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                    Its not like SGA gave birth to SG1. Last time I checked it was the other way around. When O'Neill was talking about magnets the whole SGA cast was admiring the show in front of the TV. Lets be realistic. SGA will never be an independent show. The foundation does not allow that.
                    No, it's TPTB who don't allow it. There are plenty of other spin-offs that manage perfectly fine on its own without any interference from the "mother show".
                    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

                    R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                      I heard that they were very interested in keeping Tapping for next season, having Shanks guest star (oh, and that means Black must be there, seeing as how TPTB have joined those two at the hip ), and maybe even getting Browder to appear.

                      Sigh.
                      that would be great. I would like to see DJ, Vala and Mitchell in the SGA. There would be finally interesting main characters. Vala in the main team instead of useless Teyla? WOW, I want to see it.

                      And bring the Ori to the SGA.
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                        They will manage to get SG-1 canceled twice in a row.

                        It was pro SG1 and not SGA. As far as I see the topic is about SGA S4. Hey, I like red so no worries...

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                          No, it's TPTB who don't allow it. There are plenty of other spin-offs that manage perfectly fine on its own without any interference from the "mother show".

                          Would you like to share some of those? I mean Atlantis, the Ancients and the Stargate come from SG1. How can you get rid of those ?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            It was pro SG1 and not SGA. As far as I see the topic is about SGA S4. Hey, I like red so no worries...
                            pro SG-1 in SGA = pro SGA-1 = Off-topic

                            BTW, I like red too. Received several lately. Time to return the love.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                              Would you like to share some of those? I mean Atlantis, the Ancients and the Stargate come from SG1. How can you get rid of those ?
                              The point I was trying to make is that the characters of SG-1 shouldn't be permanent characters on SGA. Storylines need to cross, as does the fact that they have a stargate. The whole point of SGA was for it to be cut off from Earth. I'm okay with the occasional crossover - I even enjoyed them. But when the whole season starts to be a crossover it's ridiculous. (IMO)

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                                The point I was trying to make is that the characters of SG-1 shouldn't be permanent characters on SGA. Storylines need to cross, as does the fact that they have a stargate. The whole point of SGA was for it to be cut off from Earth. I'm okay with the occasional crossover - I even enjoyed them. But when the whole season starts to be a crossover it's ridiculous. (IMO)
                                I agree. Guest appearances don't bother me, nor does the occasional crossover (I was ticked off with PP for completely other reasons). I wouldn't have complained if Carter had come over for an occasional guest appearance, even though I'm not fond of the character. If they had even made her a recurring character, I would probably have had some issues, but it would have been much easier to deal with. Where I really had problems was when we found out she was going to be a main character, and that's a whole other ballgame.

                                To be completely honest, I don't know what my reaction would have been if it had been an SG-1 person other than Sam coming over. I think it would have been the same, if they were still taking Weir's spot. If they were simply adding to the cast, instead of replacing someone, my reaction might not have been so negative.

                                So the occasional guest appearance from SG-1 personnel doesn't bother me. I don't have a problem with Teal'c's appearances this season, or the possibility of other people next season, as long as it's guest appearances only. But I would have a problem with moving Sheppard out and replacing him with Mitchell, for example, even though I like Mitchell.

                                Standard disclaimer: Nothing in this post is meant in any way to imply or construe that Torri was removed to make way for Amanda. It is simply recognizing that Carter is filling the position that Weir is vacating.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X