Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    Would you like to share some of those? I mean Atlantis, the Ancients and the Stargate come from SG1. How can you get rid of those ?
    CSI shows come to mind but I'm sure there are many others. Yes, as Suz said, we mean no major character crossovers. And this is off topic.
    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
      Would you like to share some of those? I mean Atlantis, the Ancients and the Stargate come from SG1. How can you get rid of those ?
      Angel, Frasier, Torchwood.. I ran out. But that's still three.
      sigpic
      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
        They will manage to get SG-1 canceled twice in a row.
        They must be going for a second mentioning in the Guiness Book of Records. SciFi manages to cancel same show twice.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
          The point I was trying to make is that the characters of SG-1 shouldn't be permanent characters on SGA. Storylines need to cross, as does the fact that they have a stargate. The whole point of SGA was for it to be cut off from Earth. I'm okay with the occasional crossover - I even enjoyed them. But when the whole season starts to be a crossover it's ridiculous. (IMO)
          TRUE,but why be upset about having daniel guest staring in a couple episodes?He played a pivitol role in the birth of atlantis he's the one who found the city!They could do a really good storyline with that.I say bring in daniel and get rid of carter.You could do alot more intresting storyline with him not to mention it would make way more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by scififreak23 View Post
            TRUE,but why be upset about having daniel guest staring in a couple episodes?He played a pivitol role in the birth of atlantis he's the one who found the city!They could do a really good storyline with that.I say bring in daniel and get rid of carter.You could do alot more intresting storyline with him not to mention it would make way more sense.
            It's not *just* Daniel. It's Sam. It's Daniel. It's Teal'c. It's Mitchell. Crossover episodes are fine if they are done sparsely (sp?) and only when needed (relevant to the plot).

SGA needs to be SGA. And, as a fan of SGA, I want to see those characters get the screen time and be given the same opportunity to develop as SG-1 was. And please don't think I'm dissing SG-1 - because I'm not. I watched all the episodes.

As I said, I'm not saying don't bring them over ever, just choose one character and do a crossover episode. I *liked* Pegasus Project.

I mean - NCIS started on JAG, but I didn't see Harm and Mac on NCIS every season. The Jeffersons were a spin-off of All in the Family but I didn't see Archie Bunker on that show every season.

Comment

Originally posted by scififreak23 View Post
              He may be pivotal but I see him even less in a commanding/leading role than I do Carter. He's an explorer. I think he'd hate not being able to do exactly that. Atlantis is like the ultimate candy store for Daniel.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                He may be pivotal but I see him even less in a commanding/leading role than I do Carter. He's an explorer. I think he'd hate not being able to do exactly that. Atlantis is like the ultimate candy store for Daniel.
                No, I wouldn't want Daniel to replace Weir either.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

I had thought the point of doing crossover episodes was to help increase the ratings. If they're going to be there all the time it's not really SGA (to me) and it's not going to help the ratings. Use SG-1 on SGA but sparingly.

Comment

I have no problem with O'Neill, Carter, Jackson, Teal'c etc. guest starring in a couple of episodes. I don't think anyone here suggested the opposite.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have no problem with O'Neill, Carter, Jackson, Teal'c etc. guest starring in a couple of episodes. I don't think anyone here suggested the opposite.
                      exactly crossovers are fine if done to the bennefit of the ep. however tuning in on a friday to see carter/daniel/tealc etc would make me wonder what show i was watching and if there realy are more stories to tell after 10 years for these charchters then maybe they should have considered a mini series for sg1, like farscapes the peacekeeper wars.

i would think writting a say 10 ep series would bennefit the actors and writters as they would both be free to work on other projects. rather than changing what was not imho broken on sga

and realy im confused right now over it all. i watched the first 2 eps and didnt actualy think they were that bad, but i also didnt think they were the mother load tptb hype had me expecting.

seriousley confused as i didnt even realy mind carter there (shocked myself with that one), i think maybe ive just kinda gone past careing and anything i considered good in the ep was a bonus, or my expectations were so low that i had to be pleased ((shrugs)) is so confused right now

did i mention confused
                      sigpic
                      banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                        exactly crossovers are fine if done to the bennefit of the ep. however tuning in on a friday to see carter/daniel/tealc etc would make me wonder what show i was watching and if there realy are more stories to tell after 10 years for these charchters then maybe they should have considered a mini series for sg1, like farscapes the peacekeeper wars.
                        That would have been my preferance, actually, rather than the two movies they're doing.

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                        and realy im confused right now over it all. i watched the first 2 eps and didnt actualy think they were that bad, but i also didnt think they were the mother load tptb hype had me expecting.

seriousley confused as i didnt even realy mind carter there (shocked myself with that one), i think maybe ive just kinda gone past careing and anything i considered good in the ep was a bonus, or my expectations were so low that i had to be pleased ((shrugs)) is so confused right now

did i mention confused
                        LOL - I have so been there. And I completely understand.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          I agree. Guest appearances don't bother me, nor does the occasional crossover (I was ticked off with PP for completely other reasons). I wouldn't have complained if Carter had come over for an occasional guest appearance, even though I'm not fond of the character. If they had even made her a recurring character, I would probably have had some issues, but it would have been much easier to deal with. Where I really had problems was when we found out she was going to be a main character, and that's a whole other ballgame.

To be completely honest, I don't know what my reaction would have been if it had been an SG-1 person other than Sam coming over. I think it would have been the same, if they were still taking Weir's spot. If they were simply adding to the cast, instead of replacing someone, my reaction might not have been so negative.

So the occasional guest appearance from SG-1 personnel doesn't bother me. I don't have a problem with Teal'c's appearances this season, or the possibility of other people next season, as long as it's guest appearances only. But I would have a problem with moving Sheppard out and replacing him with Mitchell, for example, even though I like Mitchell.
                          This is how I feel too. Occasional crossovers are fine. Heck, I would have been okay if Carter had joined the cast without displacing any other characters. But now that Carter has essentially displaced Weir (and all reports look like she will stay in the potential s5 too) then I'm more pessimistic about having even more SG1 characters stop by.

So far we have Dr. Lee and Teal'c popping in this season. Next season TPTB have already specifically mentioned getting Daniel and Cam, provided things work out IRL. Sorry, but I don't think that SGA needs to focus as much on the SG1 characters. They had their time to shine for the past 10 years and they're getting 2 full length movies. It's time to write the Atlantis characters to their full potential and quit relying on the SG1 crutch.

Every time I hear a PTB bemoan the fact that the SGA cast hasn't gelled or wasn't working out I look at all these possible SG1 crossovers and wonder how exactly that will make things better...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                            Every time I hear a PTB bemoan the fact that the SGA cast hasn't gelled or wasn't working out I look at all these possible SG1 crossovers and wonder how exactly that will make things better...
                            IMO, this "the show/cast hasn't gelled" whining coming from TPTB themselves causes more damage to the show and its reputation than anything else. I don't remember any PTB anywhere say stuff like this about their show no matter how crappy it was.
                            sigpic

Comment

IMO, this "the show/cast hasn't gelled" whining coming from TPTB themselves causes more damage to the show and its reputation than anything else. I don't remember any PTB anywhere say stuff like this about their show no matter how crappy it was.
                              Everytime I hear that I go WTF, what do you mean they haven't gelled. Do they think people are watching because of the brilliant storytelling. The only good thing SGA had was its cast. They gelled fine, Elizabeth was great with everyone. It's just that tptb didn't bother to include her and write her better. She so should have gone to so many more missions. I always think of The Game and how much wasted potential there was in that episode. As for Carson, he didn't have to die and if he did they could have had been someone in the SGA team be the reason he died. Hey Ronon, then we could have had Ronon angst instead of just forgetting about Carson.
                              sigpic
                              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                                Everytime I hear that I go WTF, what do you mean they haven't gelled. Do they think people are watching because of the brilliant storytelling. The only good thing SGA had was its cast. They gelled fine, Elizabeth was great with everyone. It's just that tptb didn't bother to include her and write her better. She so should have gone to so many more missions. I always think of The Game and how much wasted potential there was in that episode. As for Carson, he didn't have to die and if he did they could have had been someone in the SGA team be the reason he died. Hey Ronon, then we could have had Ronon angst instead of just forgetting about Carson.
                                I totally Borg what you said.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X