Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
    But for a lot of people Pro-Weit is anti season 4.
    It says here on the title "complaints and misgivings". It doesn't asy the complaints and misgivings have to be on a specific subject, generally everything you don't like about season 4. And for a lot of people "what they don't like about season 4" is the fact Weir is gone. It's a complaint, it's a misgiving, and it belongs here just like complaints about the writing (episodes that are written by the people who have written off Weir), or about mis-use of actors' time (for example, a misuse of TH's time that has stated she's technically in 4 episodes but only really in two). It's no differnet, for example, from people complaining in the SG1 anti season 10 thread about misuse of AT's and CJ's time throughout the season.

Understood. Really. It was the Weir over Carter photoshop that did it. I still can't see that being anything but And yes, I'd say that to similar posts in my home threads also.

But the above wasn't what was said. It was the laughter and the "oooh, that's much better" stuff that was off topic. <<Wanders off to wash the many stinky socks hurled her way. Great! Free socks. >>

I have issues with S4. But they are carry-overs from S2-S3. (I generally liked S1.) So haven't vented them here. Much. But they are there. --->> Not "hard-core" anti-statement spoilered for your protection
    Spoiler:
    But hopefully less with the much hated (by some) "soft reset".

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Guys, we have been throughthis before. this is ANTI season four.

and ALL things anti are welcome. Be they anti weir's appearances, anti sam's appearances, anti chuck's appearances. This is a place for complaints and misgivings.

That being said, for pete's sake, try to respect each others' opinions. And try to remember that you are in a 'mixed' thread when you post. It would be beneficial if you tempered your posts in consideration and respect for others that might not share your opinion. Try to keep the 100000% anti carter/weir/ chuck/shep stuff to the appropriate threads and find a way to express your opinion that isnt' inciteful and hurtful.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

This is why I'm not posting any of my manips on GW.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
          ...Pro-Weit....
          Whoahahahah... this one tops SGFerrit's This Mortal Coin. I'm thinking of something completely diffirent when reading that. It's more plant-like than human-like...and it's very high.

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
          This is why I'm not posting any of my manips on GW.
          Because it says in the rules you can't...at least the ones where the actor is manipped onto another body, or where the physical appearance is changed into let's say a ... Klingon, Borg.

Hence forth the reason I have a manip-list.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
            I like this better than the original one. I would watch this show. LOL. Too bad it doesn't exist anymore.
            Finally something to add to my signature. Who should I thank this for?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
              <<Wanders off to wash the many stinky socks hurled her way. Great! Free socks. >>
              LOL But that will ruin the socks!

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                Finally something to add to my signature. Who should I thank this for?
                I think Ruined_Puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I think Ruined_Puzzle.
                  I'm gonna add your SGA manip too, FH. My sig shall be recurring, oops, rotating from now on.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Because it says in the rules you can't...at least the ones where the actor is manipped onto another body, or where the physical appearance is changed into let's say a ... Klingon, Borg.
                    Oh, so my manip of wraithed!Rodney hovering over an unconscious Elizabeth is against forum rules? Huh, good to know.

Comment

The particular manip in question did not put Weir's head on Carter's body. It just took an older photo of Weir and substituted it. I'm not seeing how that's a problem. For many people here, the loss of Elizabeth from the cast is one of the main reasons they have issues with season 4. I don't see how a manip "fixing" that is in any way off topic. Whether it's a violation of forum rules is a different issue, and for the mods to decide, but since they haven't deleted it so far, nor have they deleted the manips of S4 Carter being pasted into the SG-1 crew, I'm taking it they don't have a problem with it.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                        The particular manip in question did not put Weir's head on Carter's body. It just took an older photo of Weir and substituted it. I'm not seeing how that's a problem. For many people here, the loss of Elizabeth from the cast is one of the main reasons they have issues with season 4. I don't see how a manip "fixing" that is in any way off topic.
                        It's not.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          The particular manip in question did not put Weir's head on Carter's body. It just took an older photo of Weir and substituted it. I'm not seeing how that's a problem. For many people here, the loss of Elizabeth from the cast is one of the main reasons they have issues with season 4. I don't see how a manip "fixing" that is in any way off topic. Whether it's a violation of forum rules is a different issue, and for the mods to decide, but since they haven't deleted it so far, nor have they deleted the manips of S4 Carter being pasted into the SG-1 crew, I'm taking it they don't have a problem with it.
                          I agree. For me, the signature in question - shows that we are anti- S4. By removing Carter and inserting Weir - we are saying that we do not like the S4 changes.

Aren't all signatures, in some way or another, all manips?

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                            Excellent point.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                              Some are closer to it than others, I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                                But the above wasn't what was said. It was the laughter and the "oooh, that's much better" stuff that was off topic.
                                I honestly don't see how that's any more off-topic than the frequent talking and joking in the anti-S10 thread about how it would have been much better off without Mitchell, Vala, and/or "Action Jackson". If that is on topic for that thread, and I assume it is, than this is on topic for this thread. And the things that were said, if I recall, were just saying S4 would be better with Weir there, which is what many of us feel.

Just because you may not like what is said, doesn't make it off-topic.
                                Last edited by Killdeer; 24 September 2007, 08:58 AM.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X