Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
    Angel, Frasier, Torchwood.. I ran out. But that's still three.
    I don't think I'd pick Angel as a good example of your point... the show began with two main leads who had been regular cast on the "parent" show (as opposed to SGA where the two main leads who had featured in the parent show had done so only in a handful of episodes) and soon picked up a third core cast member who had been a regular character on the parent show... and I believe there was similar discontent in the fandom when TPTB added another core cast member from the parent show after the parent show had ended...

The CSI's are good examples. They exist in the same world, they share the same mythology, but beyond the initial episode that spins off the new show, there is little to no crossover. I guess the SGA situation is slightly different in that the Atlantis mission reports back to the organisation at the centre of the parent show so there's inherently going to be more crossover.
    sigpic

Comment

For those of you worried about how dark season 4 looks, may I bring a glimmer of hope? All the clips from the promo videos have a dark feel, even in the daytime shots, because of the filter they seem to be useing. However, when clips from Tao of Rodney (a very fun and not-dark ep, IMO) were shown, they had that same dark feel that wasn't there before! Is it possible TPTB are darkening up the promos to attract BSG viewers?
      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
        For those of you worried about how dark season 4 looks...
        Yeah, that's what I'm worried about...

Thanks for trying to make us feel better though.
        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Is it possible TPTB are darkening up the promos to attract BSG viewers?
          What viewers?
          sigpic

Comment

For those of you worried about how dark season 4 looks, may I bring a glimmer of hope? All the clips from the promo videos have a dark feel, even in the daytime shots, because of the filter they seem to be useing. However, when clips from Tao of Rodney (a very fun and not-dark ep, IMO) were shown, they had that same dark feel that wasn't there before! Is it possible TPTB are darkening up the promos to attract BSG viewers?
            Trust me, darkening the image is by far not enough. It may shift the feeling of the viewers but if your stories don't fit in the chosen atmosphere, then that makes for a very awkward something.

It's what I love about the Underworld-movies, who were filmed with a blue filter but if the story wouldn't have fit that blue atmosphere, they would have been awful to watch, and not even Kate Beckinsale would have helped it along for me then.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Everytime I hear that I go WTF, what do you mean they haven't gelled. Do they think people are watching because of the brilliant storytelling. The only good thing SGA had was its cast.
              LOL - I so agree.

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
              What viewers?
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Trust me, darkening the image is by far not enough. It may shift the feeling of the viewers but if your stories don't fit in the chosen atmosphere, then that makes for a very awkward something.

It's what I love about the Underworld-movies, who were filmed with a blue filter but if the story wouldn't have fit that blue atmosphere, they would have been awful to watch, and not even Kate Beckinsale would have helped it along for me then.
                ...with the blue filter or without, Selene's leather pants look good. Agreeed ?

So far SGA started on the wrong foot. The writers need to wake up and fill in the gaps they always create!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                  ...with the blue filter or without, Selene's leather pants look good. Agreeed ?
                  No argument there.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                    What viewers?
                    Hey!

Seriously though, I don't think SGA is going to gain BSG viewers. Lots of BSG fans are already watching the Stargates anyway thanks to scifi Friday. The rest have likely given it a chance and not been interested because of the lighter/sillier/campier feel of the gates or whatever other reason.

I doubt that SGA, in its fourth season, will gain lots of new viewers (though that's true of almost any show at this point). TPTB have to hope that the viewers they currently have will be enough to satisfy skiffy's requirements and that viewers won't leave when they learn about the changes, get bored, or see that other, more enticing shows are on at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                      I don't think I'd pick Angel as a good example of your point... the show began with two main leads who had been regular cast on the "parent" show (as opposed to SGA where the two main leads who had featured in the parent show had done so only in a handful of episodes) and soon picked up a third core cast member who had been a regular character on the parent show... and I believe there was similar discontent in the fandom when TPTB added another core cast member from the parent show after the parent show had ended...
                      But Angel started with those cast members, Angel and Cordilia didn't get added in the fourth season. The Spike addition did cost a lot of fandom rumblings but he wasn't added at the expense of another character. Still Angel remained its own show to the end. Buffy made what 1 appearance throughout the whole 5 seasons and they had their own enemies. Ah, I miss Angel and Spike.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

But Angel started with those cast members, Angel and Cordilia didn't get added in the fourth season. The Spike addition did cost a lot of fandom rumblings but he wasn't added at the expense of another character. Still Angel remained its own show to the end. Buffy made what 1 appearance throughout the whole 5 seasons and they had their own enemies. Ah, I miss Angel and Spike.
                        Well, there was Wesley, who kind of took Doyle's place - it took me a while to figure out that third cast member Alipeeps. Why did Doyle leave? I don't remember. For some reason I have it in my head that something happened to the actor, but....

But was Wesley a regular on Buffy? He wasn't was he?
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          Well, there was Wesley, who kind of took Doyle's place - it took me a while to figure out that third cast member Alipeeps. Why did Doyle leave? I don't remember. For some reason I have it in my head that something happened to the actor, but....

But was Wesley a regular on Buffy? He wasn't was he?
                          Doyle left because the actor had drug problems....so sad he died years later. I really really liked Doyle.

Wesley was a recurring character on Buffy during the 3rd season.
                          sigpic
                          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Doyle left because the actor had drug problems....so sad he died years later. I really really liked Doyle.

Wesley was a recurring character on Buffy.
                            Ah....ok that makes sense, because I did have it in my head that the actor wasn't alive anymore.

And yeah, I thought Wesley was recurring. I didn't remember seeing him enough on Buffy for him to make regular status.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                              Hey!
                              Just joking... I like BSG too. In fact, Galactica is my last, best hope for some true sci-fi right now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hard for the show to gell when you make constant cast changes. TPTB are clueless. This current TPTB should go to the Gekko school of how to run a Show.

Comment

Working...
                                X