Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
    I don´t think it´s true. Some fan just came with this in JM blog. Where did he get it, I don´t know.
    But they can´t do it anyway. They would kill the only capable actress and interesting female character who left. No, Carter really isn´t interesting and I was never impressed by AT´s acting either.

It might be interesting character arc for McKay but do we really believe that they would make McKay serious? That they would create something where they can´t make fun from him? I don´t think so. Or better, even if it would happen in this episode, we won´t know it in the next anymore.
    There are so many things wrong with that.

Mainly:

1. They wouldn't be killing the actress at all
    2. You can't comment on actors and actresses here. Comment on how crap you think Carter is if you want, but keep what you think about Amanda to yourself.

------------------------------------

One thing, if they did kill Jeannie off (I soo hope they don't but if they did) the acting would likely be brilliant, keep in mind the actress is David Hewletts sister. Wathcing her die, even as a character, would likely conjur up huge emotion from both of them, it would be a thrilling scene to watch. (I don't want her to die though)

Comment

I don´t think it´s true. Some fan just came with this in JM blog. Where did he get it, I don´t know.
      But they can´t do it anyway. They would kill the only capable actress and interesting female character who left. No, Carter really isn´t interesting and I was never impressed by AT´s acting either.

It might be interesting character arc for McKay but do we really believe that they would make McKay serious? That they would create something where they can´t make fun from him? I don´t think so. Or better, even if it would happen in this episode, we won´t know it in the next anymore.
      Yup, that is the problem.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

SGFerrit:
        I am sorry, I didn´t mean anything against Amanda as person. I am sure she is great but...So far as I know, in episodes reviews are many posts where users say that they like or don´t like how any actor acts. And I didn´t say so much.

And I am sorry that I didn´t write "character, played by the only capable actress". Last time I checked my ID, I was Czech, not native speaker so next time I will try to read it three times before posting. Is that OK with you?

And if you don´t like anti opinions, why are you going here anyway? Did you miss the little thing in the title of this topic "for complaints only"?

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I don't think they would kill off Jeannie either, she's McKay's sister and we know how much they love their precious McKay. They wouldn't do this to the character.
          Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
          at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

and she has kids too
            I don't think they made the step to mommy-killers just yet
            but they're not too far off at the rate they're going

Comment

to some that can't read a thread title and can't respect the opinions of others

this is the ANTI s4 thread...a sanctuary for those that have misgivings and issues with the upcoming season 4 to express them without having to justify or defend their opinons.

If you agree, please feel free to post here. If you don't have issues with season four, then the pro thread might be a good place for you

In any case, the only things on topic here are peoples' issues with the upcoming season four
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think the whole thing got started when JM posted those pics of JF in the suit. Speculation ran amock and this is one possible reason for the suits (John and Ronon) that fans came up with. Personally, I like the John and Rodney's wedding idea better. LOL.

If they kill off
                Spoiler:
                Jeannie, then they really don't have any regard for fan opinion. Because there has for once been almost universal like for the actress and the character. So, naturally TPTB would want to whack her.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

okay this is OT but i had to say it

CONGRATULATIONS TOASTERONFIRE

FOR BECOMING Dr. Toaster! WHOOWHOO!
                  Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                  ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                  Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    I think the whole thing got started when JM posted those pics of JF in the suit. Speculation ran amock and this is one possible reason for the suits (John and Ronon) that fans came up with. Personally, I like the John and Rodney's wedding idea better. LOL.

If they kill off
                    Spoiler:
                    Jeannie, then they really don't have any regard for fan opinion. Because there has for once been almost universal like for the actress and the character. So, naturally TPTB would want to whack her.
                    This is why I don't like dropping off those little teasers and clues. I'd rather not know anything about the whole season. It's bad for both pro and anti side. For the antis - we get clues that we interpret in negative way. We don't like things they announce they will do with characters, story line etc. and the mess is only getting bigger.

For the pro people, they will get their expectation very high, maybe even too high and might end up dissapointed.

IMO, dropping off little spoilers like this isn't a very good way to promote and advertise a TV show. It can backfire. And I think it will.

I'd like to see that wedding. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                      I don't think they would kill off Jeannie either, she's McKay's sister and we know how much they love their precious McKay. They wouldn't do this to the character.
                      yes but these are the people who like to shake up shows by offing people

this would be a quick way to get an emotional mckay ep in. after all the focus has shifted to the goddess that is sam carter and the teyla arc. ill count myself lucky if theres an ep where mckay isnt the butt of everyones jokes, and actualy gets a chance to grow and mature like he did once in that ep way back.......cant rember the name?
                      sigpic
                      banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                        ...and actualy gets a chance to grow and mature like he did once in that ep way back.......cant rember the name?
                        Which of the 60 are you referring to?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post

We have a doctor in the house. Woo hoo! Doc, I have this huge pain in my...oh wait, you have no control over cast decisions on SciFi. Anyway, congratulations!!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist.
                          Rodney gets plenty of screen time, but does he ever get any development? And what little bit he does get is just gone by the next episode. Just like everybody else.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post

Congrats!

But don't tell TPTB. You know what they do to doctors!

Just ask Dr. Frasier, Dr. Beckett, Dr. Weir ... etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist.
                              anyone of them where he isnt the comic relief or you know the cowering non hero

as we have seen with so many eps screen time does not equal good writting and story development

i may have to revoke your pool girls
                              sigpic
                              banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Oh stupid me.

Congrats to Dr. Toaster, and we won't let tptb treat you like rest of the doctors. You have us here to watch your six.

Comment

Working...
                                X