Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, I see they continue putting actors in dire situations. JS, AT, RP and now the one who portrayed Fran. Way to go! You know, for the good of all things sci-fi, SGA has to go cause it's lowering the quality bar to unprecedented levels.
    sigpic

Comment

Hm, seems like a missed big spoilers... Anyone care to enlighten me?

Exam today was not as crappy at the previous ones. (Not that it says much... It's about the same as saying: Hey, today's S4 ep didn't stink as much as the others!) But the two (!) tomorrow are going to define a new level of crappyness!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Apparently, the "Weir character" is good enough for TPTB if it is trapped in a hot babe's body.

BTW, good luck on your exams!
        sigpic

Comment

They did not do that, did they? Oh boy, how low does it go?

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
            My dear Antis, I guess it's time...

I've had real fun here for the past year and I want to thank you all for making this place friendly. It's time for me to go see the big scary world Be happy for every red you get and don't let people put you down. Antis rule.

*hugs to all*

Aww, dana - good luck in that big scary world out there. Hopefully you'll drop in once in awhile, to see what we're b*tching about and to reminisce on the good days.

( ( h u g ) )

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              Babylon is higher league. You can't compare it to nowaday's scifi. It's grand, epic, it hase everything (amazing story-arcs, interesting cultures, characters, etc.)... well I can only say "enjoy it!" It's worth of watching and re-watching

btw. which episede are currently watching?
              We just watched the first 2 last night. I had even forgotten there was a different captain. And I haven't seen a scantily clad babe yet. Funny how Ivanova can look hot covered up all the way to the neck.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I've had real fun here for the past year and I want to thank you all for making this place friendly. It's time for me to go see the big scary world Be happy for every red you get and don't let people put you down. Antis rule.

*hugs to all*

(((Dana)))
                sigpic

Comment

Take care, Dana. *hugs*

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                  Apparently, the "Weir character" is good enough for TPTB if it is trapped in a hot babe's body.
                  Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  We just watched the first 2 last night. I had even forgotten there was a different captain. And I haven't seen a scantily clad babe yet. Funny how Ivanova can look hot covered up all the way to the neck.
                  Why do they insist on destroying Weir? I will never understand it.
                  And why do they have this obsession with hot young thangs, preferrably scantily clad...no, don't answer that, I know. But seriously, intelligence and integrity in a character really aren't attractive? I wouldn't care if the entire cast was garbed in Victorian clothes, as long as the characters were respected and the stories were good.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                    Take care, Dana. *hugs*

And why do they have this obsession with hot young thangs, preferrably scantily clad...no, don't answer that, I know. But seriously, intelligence and integrity in a character really aren't attractive? I wouldn't care if the entire cast was garbed in Victorian clothes, as long as the characters were respected and the stories were good.
                    *pictures Shep dressed as a riverboat gambler* Hmm, that might work. But no hat. Oh dear God! Never mind. I just remembered the dance hall girls. We can go with the Eastern gentleman in the tight pants and frock coat. No hat.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*hugs to all*

((hugs)) Take care in big bad world and don't Roget us!

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                      Yep, time to really cut ties with this show. The latest Weir spoilers for Season 5 pretty much tell me that it's definitely time to go. They could have just left her out there, without 'resolving' the story, but no, they had to destroy her one more time. Makes me wonder what certain people have against Torri. It's very much like the whole Wade Wells thing on Sliders, where TPTB had it in for Sabrina Lloyd (funny that Kari Wuhrer, who JM likes, has admitted that she was part of the issue -- in several interviews she's admitted she hated Sabrina and didn't want her around)
                      They said they will resolve the story, and when the word was out I kinda expected something super lame. Isn't it funny, my expectations were spot on? LOL. Weir is my favorite character -season 1 and season 2 Weir. in S3 she had some good moments, but that's when things seriously started to go down. So I decided not to be bothered with things I don't like. Long live the fanfiction. Heck I write it myself.

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                      TPTB succesfully managed to completly destroy two unique characters in this episode. Fran won't be Fran ( I really like this character) and Elizabeth won't be Elizabeth. Good job TPTB! I doubt there are others like you
                      Something like that requires true talent. /snark

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                      Hmm. Your no comment wasn't really a no comment, it was pretty anti Elizabeth.

As a Weir fan, who hates Carter post about season six with a passion, that was kind of karma for all the people who kept telling us to get over it.

Now they've destroyed both of those characters. And the frigging leather uniform. Could they have made it any less flattering?

They may as well get rid of all the women and just write for men. They may do better.
                      They don't write men much better. All of their characters are pretty much stereotyped caricatures.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                      My no comment statement was intended for the Fran-Weir episode in S5 and not for what followed. I agree with you when you say that they destroyed both characters. In one season they destroyed 10 years of SAM .
                      Indeed.

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                      Take care, Dana. *hugs*

Because Weir represents everything bad in the world? Strong, smart, independent woman who won't back down? You can't have a woman like that on cool science fiction show, because women should be scantly clad hot chicks without much to say. Period. Yes, I'm a feminist.
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                        Hm, seems like a missed big spoilers... Anyone care to enlighten me?

Exam today was not as crappy at the previous ones. (Not that it says much... It's about the same as saying: Hey, today's S4 ep didn't stink as much as the others!) But the two (!) tomorrow are going to define a new level of crappyness!
                        Good luck with the exams

PS: With Weir's mind in Fran's body... Does that mean Sparky can come true???*evil laugh*

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                          Good luck with the exams

PS: With Weir's mind in Fran's body... Does that mean Sparky can come true???*evil laugh*
                          *smooches Pajus*

Sparky IS truth, the one and the only.

Ahem.

These new developments lead me to post this:

Johnny Cash - God's gonna cut you down

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            One thing I love about BSG and that is Helena Cain. I find the whole cliche story utterly boring. Man builds Robots, Robots get mad, Man runs for his life . Starbucks gets on my nerves everytime she is on screen and daddy's boy is less annoying but still annoying. Gaius and Caprica should not bother using clothes in their scenes because they will take them off in every episode. It gets boring after 3 seasons to see this sex approach over and over.
                            I disagree BSG characters are great, they behave like people who fights for their survival every day. On the other hand, SGA personel behaves like they're having great time in PG with big parties every day. I love dark shows.
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              *smooches Pajus*

Sparky IS truth, the one and the only.
                              I meant that as a sarcasm and you are a good kisser, but let's keep those sweet lips for your boyfriend, okay? BTW: We come in peace, shoot to kill can have this cheap knockoff called Fran. The real Fearless leader is in Scruffy genius' bathtub, enjoying a backrub performed by Scruffy genius himself
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                                I meant that as a sarcasm and you are a good kisser, but let's keep those sweet lips for your boyfriend, okay? BTW: We come in peace, shoot to kill can have this cheap knockoff called Fran. The real Fearless leader is in Scruffy genius' bathtub, enjoying a backrub performed by Scruffy genius himself
                                Spoiler:
                                Dream on, Pajus. Scruffy genius has no gel and no sparks. And I meant it as sarcasm too.

Joke aside, I'm so pi*sed I could bite someone's head off. Better to go and blow off steam someplace else. Bettr not pi*s me off any further.

Comment

Working...
                                X