Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    LAMAO!!! I love you!!! Totally true!
    Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    We need a manip with that
    And instead of stroking a Persian cat he will be stroking a French Bulldog.

Another thing - speaking of James Bond villains. SGA villains are too simple with little motivation, or at least motivation that should be more developed and/or clarified. Leather doesn't mean a free pass. We're not that stupid. Few writers (not the SGA writers nonetheless) are talented enough to get away with villains who just sulk about, being evil because they have some inbred deep personal affinity with sneering. Yeah, Shakespeare got away with it, but c'mon - that was Shakespeare. Mallozzi said he would be incapable of the challenge of writing a whole script in iambic pentametre - that pretty much sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Might happen, but will have to wait till maybe thursday cause I have no time tomorrow.
      No worries evil missy

Comment

***Runs in...HUGS all ANTIS!!! ...runs out ***
        ACK I've Been Mugged!
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Yup, The Seer is definitely a Carter-episode. Also Carter, note for next time -> Atlantis is a CITY, not a BASE!!!

9 episodes into season 4, Teyla is leading in looking pretty on screen and Keller has all the babbling.
          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 18 March 2008, 05:35 PM.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yup, The Seer is definitely a Carter-episode. Also Carter, note for next time -> Atlantis is a CITY, not a BASE!!!

9 episodes into season 4, Teyla is leading in looking pretty on screen and Keller has all the babbling.
            she is a genius
            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
              That is a nice review. I disagree about what the reviewer said about Keller though--she did not improve near the end of the season. I helped feed her to the Wraith in Reiko's thread.
              You're right. She didn't improve, she got even more irritating and nauseating. I react to her like I do with nails on a caulkboard.... You did your Antiduty by feeding her to the wraith! Good job!!

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                Gateraid: You have a PM
                Thank you How ironic that I didn't see it the first time. It's like it's speaking to me
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post

Sorry, consecutive quote. Great article. Mostly agree with it

Spoiler:
                  Keller
                  Annoying. Wouldn't say she is a bad actor per se - she really sold Ellia the Wriath to me. Totally believeable to me. Conveyed a lot of emotion there. I felt for her (Ellia).
                  As Keller, just poor storylines. Carson had some too. I hated him in early s1 (that scottish accent just pissed me off so much - who talks like that) but by s3, he was a fave. Phantoms was supposed to be about Shep, but PM and DH stole the show there. I've said before that I think it's an age thing, but its true - a younger actor just can't portray the same depth of emotion in a scene.

Carter
                  MIA. Disrespected. Stunt casting of the worst kind - AT even admitted that they pulled back too far with Carter. If she wasn't there for ratings, and was supposed to be Hammond-like, then why slot her in at #2 in the credits?

Re Shep's backstory, anything they do now is just cliche. And I don't mean unoriginal. They just write it in a cliche manner
                  Take Enterprises s2 The Crossing (I know, a lot of people HATE Ent, but it was on yesterday). Archer is explaining to Phlox how to reprogramme the Air Con. It's a simple scene, done many times before. But they made it different, without being 'cliche'. And when Phlox headbutts Trip, I just burst out laughing. Just the right dollop of comedy . It's all in how you write something.

I had never really thought about it, but I would've imagined his desrespect for authority came from a poor upbringing, but when you really study it, I guess it all points to poor little rich boy. Maybe they are saving the family breakup for s7? I never really get into backstory too much - I've always thought it was the lazy man's way to tell a story. Nothing has to happen now if it happened in the past. Plus whatever story you do tell is constrained by whatever hints you've already planted in previous eps. But lots of people DO like it. Each to their own
                  sigpic

Comment

Everyone seems to hate SGA S4 because of the SG1 incursions. I don't hate it because of that. I liked those parts. So that ANTI SGA review is rubbish for me. I don't agree with what that person says.

Comment

Atlantis was emphasized to be a city only on several occasions. Most of the time, Atlantis is a base of operations for the Gel. I fail to see how Sam got it wrong. We did not go to Atlantis to live there and procreate. We went there on a mission. Therefore, for us, it is a base and then a city.

Comment

Everyone seems to hate SGA S4 because of the SG1 incursions. I don't hate it because of that. I liked those parts. So that ANTI SGA review is rubbish for me. I don't agree with what that person says.
                        I don't hate it because of that. But as I said^^, it's all in how they're doing it. Why crossover a loved character (Carter had a big fanbase) and then write her so poorly? I know there are other examples, but that seemed to be that reviewers biggest gripe. Some elements of SG1 in Atlantis worked out well. Others not so much. IMO of course. I'm hardly in the majority
                        sigpic

Comment

Passes FH a picture of Kate to soothe her. Or some morphene. Whatever works for ya
                          sigpic

Comment

Atlantis was emphasized to be a city only on several occasions. Most of the time, Atlantis is a base of operations for the Gel. I fail to see how Sam got it wrong. We did not go to Atlantis to live there and procreate. We went there on a mission. Therefore, for us, it is a base and then a city.
                            *cough*militarisation*cough*

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            Passes FH a picture of Kate to soothe her. Or some morphene. Whatever works for ya
                            KATE!!!!
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The truth is Atlantis was, is, and will be a military asset . This is the only reason the expedition is there. With or without Weir Atlantis is viewed the same way. Now that SAM joined and she states the obvious people start to shout "booo, booo...militarisation". Let us not kid ourselves. During Weir's reign it was the same but she did not emphasize it because she was a civilian. They are not there for sightseeing, eventhough Vala wanted too

Comment

My dear Antis, I guess it's time...

I've had real fun here for the past year and I want to thank you all for making this place friendly. It's time for me to go see the big scary world Be happy for every red you get and don't let people put you down. Antis rule.

*hugs to all*

Comment

Working...
                                X