Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not going to overreact to this, reducing weir is not that bad as there have been times where she hasn't been needed, 10-15 eps where she is used well is better than 20 where she is just there in some

removing carson is a HUGE mistake, he has been the only one to show real depth, anyone doubts that watch "phantoms"

too many cast changes at once doesn't work, look at lost where are the tailies now

i dont think they are trying to end the show i think they are just trying to save money

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
      I'm not going to overreact to this, reducing weir is not that bad as there have been times where she hasn't been needed, 10-15 eps where she is used well is better than 20 where she is just there in some

removing carson is a HUGE mistake, he has been the only one to show real depth, anyone doubts that watch "phantoms"

too many cast changes at once doesn't work, look at lost where are the tailies now

i dont think they are trying to end the show i think they are just trying to save money
      No, it is BAD becuase this shows that every time the writers CAN'T do their job and develop a character, they remove that character or downsize them and brin gin their favorite (for whom they can spin tons of technobabble dialogue).

I don't think they know what the hell they're doing, frankly. Certainly not paying attention to the show's true fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        No, it is BAD becuase this shows that every time the writers CAN'T do their job and develop a character, they remove that character or downsize them and brin gin their favorite (for whom they can spin tons of technobabble dialogue).
        I think sometimes even if they can develop a character, they still remove him/her. Remember the changes from season 1 to season 2? They killed Grodin just because people liked him enough that it would have an impact. Then Ford. Then they quietly removed Bates and Stackhouse. I think we might have seen Halling once since then? Anyway, they basically shot all the secondary characters (except Zelenka) and dumped the bodies. Then they dragged Ford out with only 3 eps to "conclude" his arc and went blithely on as if nothing had changed except the Daedalus showing up.

So, to conclude, I think we got complacent after season 2 ended with no major changes. We should probably expect this sort of thing by now.

Comment

Let me go out on a limb, and say... in the real world, staffing gets rotated quite often. In the real military, you work with the same crew for about 18 months - at the end of 2 years it's almost a new crew.

In terms of series television, we saw the writing on the wall last year. Atlantis will see one more season at best - and they will pull out the stops (budget allowing) to bring the series to a close.

This is not the end of Stargate as episodic television. It's time to let it rest.

Tech Junkie

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

If you read Brad's comment, he said that it was stupid to spend 3 years working on two series simultaneously. I guess that was a bit ominous for SGA going beyond season 5. The new series, if it is on SciFi...still the most likely outlet despite the SG-1 cancelling fiasco, would need a lead-in and that would most likely be SGA.

So I wouldn't be completely surprised if SGA is over after a season 5, unless its viewership somehow increases by plenty in season 4.
            I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
              That's gonna need some serious scrubbing to get all that gunk off. Talk about sinking to a new low, defending the SciFi channel?!?!?!
              Well, you know, sometimes the forum just doesn't look that much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn Mallory View Post
                If you read Brad's comment, he said that it was stupid to spend 3 years working on two series simultaneously. I guess that was a bit ominous for SGA going beyond season 5. The new series, if it is on SciFi...still the most likely outlet despite the SG-1 cancelling fiasco, would need a lead-in and that would most likely be SGA.
                That was because the same production crew essentially worked on both shows at once. If any new series were to have a separate crew then they shouldn't have that problem.

Comment

I dont think people really try to eliminate their jobs (you know, producing a tv show) In fact i would bet that they are working with the situation as it is to make the best show they possibly can.

Saying anything else is just absurd.

Comment

I'm glad Dark_Agent gets what i'm going on about. Wier doesn't give much but a Captain Janeway approuch to things, stay on the moral high ground and do nothing while shepperd and his team plus everyone else has to pick up the ashes and do something. When Wier left from sg-1 noone cared, she was a wall flower there and is a fall flower in atlantis. I can't wait for someone to command SGA to their full protenial and give a more gun-hoe approuch. Its what made sg-1 so exciting and thrilling to watch.

Carson on the otherhand is going to make an impact upon the show when he leaves. he had style and guts when it came to the crunch. he was generally funny unlike wier, and there was pretty of comical bits, specially between him and McKay. Hopely the replacement is just as funny as he was and a real spark to the show.

Chin up people, instead focus your disappointment and angry into watching the series and converting as many people as possible into watching the show.

Comment

Hopefully, the series will last for a while. But, TPTB are making huge changes and people aren't going to like them.

-huff- Why do people want to save money? It's not fair to us!
                      I love Sparky. =)

Comment

I see where alot of the negativity is coming from I just disagree. I do agree that removing Carson is a mistake but i can see why it is hapening. Weir on the othere ehand is not leaving just getting her role reduced and I don't have a huge problem with it. Without SG-1 the budget gets chopped. Amanda has a iron clad contract and unforunatly Paul didnt. I personally think season 4 so far sounds great and I am looking forward to it. I am looking forward to this new dr and not going in thinking she is replacing Carson. Amanda is one of my favorite actors and looking forward to her role on Atlantis. I think this negativity is a little premature and I am simply taking the "i'll judge when I see it" approach.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          I see where alot of the negativity is coming from I just disagree. I do agree that removing Carson is a mistake but i can see why it is hapening. Weir on the othere ehand is not leaving just getting her role reduced and I don't have a huge problem with it. Without SG-1 the budget gets chopped. Amanda has a iron clad contract and unforunatly Paul didnt. I personally think season 4 so far sounds great and I am looking forward to it. I am looking forward to this new dr and not going in thinking she is replacing Carson. Amanda is one of my favorite actors and looking forward to her role on Atlantis. I think this negativity is a little premature and I am simply taking the "i'll judge when I see it" approach.
                          I'm not trying to be insultive here but aren't your views just a little bit biased by the fact that you just looooove Carter?

Sam didn't have an iron-clad contract that said that they'd have to use her. Her contract stated that they would use her if they felt like it, just like the other regulars on SG-1. The fact that they choose to only use her and to use her to such a great extent shows that they just love her character.

Then they reduce Weir's role. Making Elizabeth a regular and bringing in Sam for 14 episodes at the same time. I wouldn't be surprised if Sam gets twice as much screentime and character development as Elizabeth.

This is insulting to the show.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                            I'm not trying to be insultive here but aren't your views just a little bit biased by the fact that you just looooove Carter?

Sam didn't have an iron-clad contract that said that they'd have to use her. Her contract stated that they would use her if they felt like it, just like the other regulars on SG-1. The fact that they choose to only use her and to use her to such a great extent shows that they just love her character.

Then they reduce Weir's role. Making Elizabeth a regular and bringing in Sam for 14 episodes at the same time. I wouldn't be surprised if Sam gets twice as much screentime and character development as Elizabeth.

This is insulting to the show.
                            I love most characters not just Carter. I don't feel I'm biased hoewever they stated that the had to use her as her contracted stated as much. WE HAVE NO IDEA how reduced Tori's screentime will be so I feel you are jumping the gun.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Unless they really love Sam and gave her a special contract no one else got, I doubt her contract states "You have to use my character in at least X amount of episodes in 2007-2008 or else!". It's most probably like any other contract: "You have the right to use my characters for the years of 200X-200X. You are free to fire me should you feel like it".

After all, I don't see Christopher Judge being brought over. So they must really hate him.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                Well, you know, sometimes the forum just doesn't look that much better.
                                Well I'm good looking. Does that count?
                                Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                                Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Working...
                                X