This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    SG1 was cancelled 5 years after SciFi bought them.

Geez...I can't believe I'm defending SciFi...Ugh, I feel so dirty.
    it may have been five years but really i think it was almost cancelled many times before...

oh well i'm to depressed to even think about it...this bites
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Fifer View Post
      You know what strikes me as strange? In that interview Brad Wright was talking about how he is stepping away from Atlantis to concentrate on the SG-1 movies saying something like: "making 40 hours of television a year is just crazy and you basically have no life...blah blah blah".

If thats the case then why the hell are they proceeding with a third series?

For the $$$$$$$$$$$.

Comment

That's quite a statement there. Do you have any proof for it, or is it just what you believe because you don't like what they're making?

And they're not eliminating Weir! She'll be recurring, just like Beckett was in Season 1.

I for one am looking forward to Poisoning the Well - Weir version.
        I don`t have any proof...it`s just a highly subjective statement.

And I do like what they were making so far I`m just not sure about the future. I think it`s been pretty obvious that everything everyone was passionate about so far was SG-1.

I think it`s unfortunate though because if they could have found people to run SGA that were as into it as the TPTB are with SG-1 I think it could have gone many more seasons.
        Teal'c: I am loyal to the Tau'ri.
        Simmons: Why should I believe you?
        Teal'c: If I were still loyal to the Goa'uld, you would know it.
        Simmons: Really?
        Teal'c: It would become immediately apparent, as I would not hesitate to kill you where you sit.

Comment

I think its sad because in an interview (Recently in starburst i think??) JF said that he was looking forward to Atlantis carving out its own territory away from SG1 and it just makes me think...what??? Did he know about these changes and still think thats possible??

Joe seems to have his head screwed on when it comes to Atlantis and I've heard him say in interviews etc that he wants the best for the show and wants it to be good. Im hoping that by him saying 'they want to carve out new territory' that Atlantis might still have a chance to stand alone as its own show.

But that all sounds a little too optimisstic even by my standards

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
            i don't know about tptb
            but it wouldn't surpirse me if the sci fi channel cancelled it after season 4

think about the past.... shows bought by sci fi channel then cancelled shortly after

farscape
            andromeda
            SG-1

can atlantis be that far behind?
            Ah Farscape was fantastic and so had anotbher two or three series left in it

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
              I don`t have any proof...it`s just a highly subjective statement.

And I do like what they were making so far I`m just not sure about the future. I think it`s been pretty obvious that everything everyone was passionate about so far was SG-1.

I think it`s unfortunate though because if they could have found people to run SGA that were as into it as the TPTB are with SG-1 I think it could have gone many more seasons.

Ok, forget proof. Do you have any evidence?

As a writer myself, one of the worst insults is a reader thinking I'm not investing all that I've got into the story. Of course, I don't know whether they are or not, but I wouldn't wander down that route if I were you.

Comment

Ok, forget proof. Do you have any evidence?

As a writer myself, one of the worst insults is a reader thinking I'm not investing all that I've got into the story. Of course, I don't know whether they are or not, but I wouldn't wander down that route if I were you.
                I am a writer myself, PG15. I`ve published a book so far and I was about to publish a second one that I AXED because my editor was putting presure on me to change things I DID NOT WANT TO CHANGE. That`s because I respect my work and my readers (few as they may be) enough NOT to give them something I ain`t 100% into.
                Teal'c: It would become immediately apparent, as I would not hesitate to kill you where you sit.

Comment

Exactly.

So I'm sure you'll know how they feel when they're accused of something that they probably didn't intend.

Glad we agree.

Comment

what's going on with Weir? Can you point to the information?
                    thanks sam

Comment

I don`t know if they intended it or not but it comes off that way, you know.

If someone were as big of a fan of my work to actually get involved in it as much as I am in SGA I`d be really glad, even if they were criticising me

Comment

Who knows what TPTB are planning. It's hard to determine what their intentions are. From where I sit, it doesn't look promising.

Comment

I doubt TPTB are planning on ending with season 4, seems to be going from strength to strength to me, so they'll probably keep making it for as long as they can. Seems to be alot of changes in season 4, I don't think they'd make so many if the plan was for it to be the last one.

Comment

I think they are yes, for wahtever reasons tptb seem to be doing everything in their power to get Atlantis canned.

Comment

I for one am looking forward to Poisoning the Well - Weir version.
                              Oh yeah! Actually using her diplomatic skills, trying to get a civilization to make the 'right' call, only to lose out in the end to something she never expected... that's what Elizabeth's been missing for a while: writer's to take her seriously. Though I did like large chunks of TRW and her part in ToR.

This is going to sound unpopular, but I think tptb are trying to give SGA a shot in the arm. I don't think they're going about it the right way - cast changes to cover up wasteful writing and/or lack of season arcs - but I do think they win more if the series keeps going, so they're going to try. 'Try' being the operative word. I recall how DS9 was described by Avery Brooks as the "forgotten middle child" of the ST franchise. I don't want that to happen to SGA.

Comment

Anyone know what is the average life span for a TV show. They never seem to last past 3 years with a few exceptions.

Perhaps TPTB are trying to get the fans all wound up by doing the changes in hopes that we will all run to the TV like rabbits just to be sure to catch the most recent change.

Never occured to them that too much change can sour people too.

I wondered what was going on with all the SGA hype on the web. They want you to be mad so you will run to watch the show. They want you to have a emotional connection. That's how they get loyal fans to buy the DVDs no matter how bad the movie/show/ect. may be.
                                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
                                X