No announcement yet.

Sunday (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved this episode. Martin Gero writes the characters fantastically.

I didn't want Carson to die (really, who did?) and in such a... little way. An explosion? I'm not sure what else they could have done, but it just seemed so... ordindary.

My thoughts (x-posted from LJ) - Cut for length

Spoiler:
    -Carson is Love. That is all there is to it. I have to watch that again. I don't know what to say about him! I'm so going to miss him. He was such a nice and bright character.

- The Weir and Mike scenes were just so sweet! He is so sweet! I like how he kept interrupting her.

- Shep is married. What the?? When did this happen? Hope they explore that chapter of his background story soon because... Hot Damn that was a shock. Or would have been if I hadn't read spoilers teehee.

- I loved Teyla in this episode!! In the beginning and at the end. And her and Carson are just cute. They have a sweet chemistry that just permeates their friendship. I could have shipped them if Carson hadn't gone Boom.

- Scene with Teyla and Weir is Teyla's quarters. Now THAT is what I'm talking about! You could practically SEE the word 'GLEE' is Teyla's grin and the fact that Weir was so open about telling her was great. Shows a nice friendship between the two leaders.

- Ronon playing golf. FREAKING HILARIOUS. I *heart* Ronon so much. And he still hurts after loosing his wife! *sads*

- McKay in this episode is just Love as well. Him and are Katie are so adorkable! And the marriage bit was so damn funny.

- LORNE + PAINTING = LOVE!!!!

- The end was really touching. I had tears in my eyes when they started talking about being best friends. OMG Carson! *cries* Please tell me he has ascended. And I really hope they don't brush this under the carpet in next weeks episode. They can't just ignore what happened.

- The scene with Teyla, Ronon and John was funny! The slap on Ronon's arm when Teyla left cracked me up and when the scene first starts, look at Ronon in the background and it's like he's telling her to run LOL!!

A bit edited, but overall I REALLY enjoyed this episode. When's the next Gero ep??

Lovebar made by natz099
    My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

uhhh is it just me or did they steal the method of death from Grey's Anatomy lol...*needs to find something to be waspish about*

my thunk. *sobs* but god I loved him in action.

Is it bad that, despite my being a diehard shipper, TPTB offered some appealing ships? Liz/Mike!! He seemed like such a nice guy, really quite suited to her. *can't believe I'm saying this*

it felt like they tried to cram 2-3 seasons of character development into one episode...and I think they did a good job of it. apart from spontaneously combusting people, I didn't get the feel of much happening, which is probably why they were jumping all over the timeline.

No season 4 for me, but a very good episode.

Comment

Y'know...now I know why some people really don't like shippers

the ammount of people going

ZOMG squee Lizzie had a date!!!!

When a character a FRIEND of Lizzie is DEAD

No bloody wonder Frasier fans were pissed at S/J shippers when the bounced for joy when Sam and Jack hugged in Heroes.
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

FTR - I HATE Mike

Creepy, fuzzy and creepy
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
            FTR - I HATE Mike

Creepy, fuzzy and creepy
            That's because Mike's really...Michael.
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
              That's because Mike's really...Michael.
              HAHAHAHA!!!! what if he really is a Wraith

suekay, I am mightily upset and distraught over my thunk biting the dust when somebody spontaneously combusted (have they been reading my fanfic LOL), I just liked Liz/Mike moments...is that bad>

I just have to say - bagpipes. I love bagpipes. wooo!!! Although we didn't see a funeral for that woman who died...*shakes head* I'm just nitpicking! I'm cranky and miserable!!

Comment

The way in which Carson died was pretty good in my opinion. He was brave, and did in fact succeed at passing the explosive tumour to the bomb disposal guy. To then have him die anyway made for a good episode in my opinion. It highlighted the situation on Atlantis better than ever before. With all the crazy stuff going on - people die.

The scenes after his death with Rodney collecting his things, the memorial service, and the ghost/dream scene, were all very emotional. Very good stuff, I felt genuinely sad while watching these scenes.

There's certainly no chance of the character returning as exactly the same. I'm sure it's not the last we've seen of him though.

Comment

Re: explosive tumors

As strange as it might sound, there have been weirder things happening in Stargate shows:

- Metamorphosis: that dude exploded into water
                  - Cassandra once had a Naqada(sp?) bomb in her chest
                  - characters (e.g. O'Neill and Sheppard) turned old and back to "young" again
                  - Sheppard turned (almost) into a bug and back
                  - Michael turned from Wraith into human back into Wraith
                  - the whole Ancient gene therapy thing

I admit explosive tumors are a little out there, and I thought Oooookay when it came up, but it keeps with the style of the show.
                  No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                  (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I really dont know what to say. I am so shocked and saddened by this episode. A little piece of me hoped that it would at the very least be a really good send off for Carson, one final moment for him to shine though Paul was truely exceptional, he used ever last moment and made IT shine through his acting. David also was fantastic. But this was one last chance for him to have an episode of his own...

And we got this.

You didn't even give him the decency of something more then a minor plotline for the majority of the episode. In essense his storyline is almost a metaphor for the character, intentional no doubt. I bet someone thought they were being clever. Its like the writers, wax lyrical about how great he is, Gero himself even said he was "...easily the breakout star of season 1...". Yet he has been ignored, forgotten, almost over looked and pushed aside since the moment they promoted him. And just like his friends, finally lost to them.

Yes in some terms it was a very good, dramatic episode. There were some wonderful touching moments, you could see the hurt and shock bleeding through on screen from the cast. Yes there was some great dialogue. I will give them that. But moments in this episode were so....flippant and that makes this a bitter pill to swallow...a very BIG one. The 'bombs' weren't even original, turn people into bombs? Seen it dude, never heard of 'LiveWire' the movie with Pierce Brosnan?

His death was pointless. A waste. It meant nothing in the grand scheme of things to the storyline. There was no grand story arc. No 'disappearence'. And to be honest, very little meaning for the very episode except in specific scenes. It was almost like an evil after-thought to decide to kill him. Haha I bet the fans will hate this. Martin Gero I know you are reading this thread, can you at least give us the courtesy of explaining WHY?

One of the most truely unique, complex and compassionate characters in SCIFI nevermind Stargate has been thrown aware carelessly. All that promise, all that potential, all that building up fans hopes only to smash them as if they mean NOTHING.

I hope, that one day they come to understand what they have lost.
                    Last edited by TJuk; 16 January 2007, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
                      uhhh is it just me or did they steal the method of death from Grey's Anatomy lol...*needs to find something to be waspish about*
                      Nope, definitely not the only one. When it happens I was like "Hey that was in GA!"

Originally posted by sueKay
                      No bloody wonder Frasier fans were pissed at S/J shippers when the bounced for joy when Sam and Jack hugged in Heroes.
                      You can't help people to be happy about some parts of the episode. Besides this scene, some other scenes are really squeeable. That doesn't prevent people from being sad.

Comment

Nope...no they weren't

I actually liked the idea of McKay/Katie Brown ship but it was cringeworthy

The pushed forward Sheppard/Teyla ship, basically to try and get rid of Sheppard/Weir ship (yes they're getting ready to ditch Lizzie already)

The entire thing was...what's what word?

oh yeah...

a

CLICHE
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TJuk View Post
                          But moments in this episode were so....flippant and that makes this a bitter pill to swallow...a very BIG one. The 'bombs' weren't even original, turn people into bombs? Seen it dude, never heard of 'LiveWire' the movie with Pierce Brosnan?
                          Also go back to SG1's season 1 episode, "Singularity" which revolved around trying to save a little girl who would explode if they operated on her. Obviously the SGA writers are still dusting off the old SG1 scripts for ideas.

IF they wanted to dump Carson, at least let him go down dealing with Michael. Those two have "history" and that would have been a great confrontation.

Onward to the end of the season, where TPTB get to frak with another major character they don't know how to write for.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Well after reading Mr. Mallozzi's blog, and his outright slagging off of SGA fans (ill informed lemmings indeed) . I will not be watching anymore.

http://joesphmallozzi.blogspot.com
                            sigpic

Comment

Frankly i don't care if it is a cliched episode.. it sounds awesome
                              Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                              Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
                                Actually, not only that, but I thought the whole "who likes who" aspect was very Grey's Anatomy. o_O

Gaaah... I can't believe they didn't even want to use him for the Michael story arc. Talk about missed opportunities. (Talk about dumping the show down the drain, actually)

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                                Well after reading Mr. Mallozzi's blog, and his outright slagging off of SGA fans (ill informed lemmings indeed) . I will not be watching anymore.

http://joesphmallozzi.blogspot.com
                                Yeah, I read that too. /: How very understanding of him.

Hey, I got a brilliant idea that would totally fit: How about we kill off either Shep or Rodney and replace him with Lucius? Or maybe both? That would just be awesome! And keep the show FRESH!
                                Last edited by leelakin; 16 January 2007, 05:15 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X