No announcement yet.

Sunday (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLOT spoilers. I've pretty much typed out everything I remember since some people were asking. Enjoy!
    Spoiler:

Teyla starts the episode in her workout gear talking to a scientist that she was helping with the stick fighting. They're on their way to lunch when Teyla turns back to retrieve something form the gym. On her way down the hall, there is a huge explosion behind her.

Flashback to three hours earlier where some guy is hitting on Elizabeth trying to get her to go to lunch. Elizabeth agrees, and then goes to explain to Teyla why she can't make the lunch date they had previously arranged.
    After lunch, the Doctor kisses Weir and she stands up, upset that she let is get that far. They're interrupted by the explosion at that point.

Flash to next storyline..

John is going to teach Ronon and Teyla how to play golf. Teyla begs off, leaving Ronon to play John's "sport." John hits a couple of balls into the ocean, Ronon raises an eyebrow and hits a ball using a golf club one-handed. Ronon tells John he sould try a real sport, so they flash to a scene of the two of them in the gym with Ronon beating the crap out of Sheppard. Sheppard whines and they flash again to the two of them in Shep's quarters hanging out drinking beer and listening to tunes. At this point, Shep asks Ronon is he's seeing anyone, and if he left anyone behind on Sateda. Ronon says yes, and then turns the same questions on Sheppard. Sheppard says he was married once and he wasn't very good at it, and say that there's no one on Atlantis that he thinks of that way. Ronon says he thought Shep and Teyla would always hook up, which makes John laugh...then they're interrupted by the explosion.

Flashback to 14 hours earlier when Rodney is in his bathrobe in the infirmary bellowing at two newbie scientists for turning on a new ancient device which exposed them to radiation (very funny scene). Apparently they're going to live, so he let's them go.

Rodney doesn't want to go on the fishing trip to the mainland that he and Beckett had planned, so he goes to Katie Brown looking for an excuse not to listen to "the incredibly boring things that Carson would talk about all day." He ends up ditching Carson in favor of the girl..here there's a cute scene between Katie and Rodney in the botony lab while they babysit rare ferns. Lot's of jumbled Rodney speak.

.at which point Carson searches for a replacement fishing buddy. John and Ronon decline. Zelenka is too busy kicking everyone's butt at Chess (and winning a massage, and an anime DVD collection among other things), and Lorne is apparently and artist and he's too busy painting the Atlantis tower. When he can't find a fishing partner, Beckett returns to his infirmary and relieves his coworker of her shift when she complains of a migraine.
    Then the explosion interrupts.

At this point we find out that the radiation that the newbie scientists were exposed to actually formed explosive tumors behind their lungs, and it was Teyla's sparring partner that blew up in the hallway. This leaves the other scientist with a tumor that will blow if they don't find him. Teyla was injured in the first blast, and Sheppard is deeply concerned for her safety, which hints that his earlier laugh at Ronon may have been a cover (if you ship that way).

Beckett is operating on him. Beckett won't leave. In the end, even after extracting the tumor is successfully extracted, it blows up and kills Beckett in the process.
    There is a funeral scene where everyone is dressed in their best, and Rodney, Sheppard, Zelenka and Ronon, as well as two others serve has palpbearers to get the coffin back through the stargate to Earth.

The last scene is of Rodney and Ghost!Carson on one of the piers looking out at the ocean. Carson tries to tell Rodney that his death wasn't his fault, but Rodney doesn't look convinced. This scene was very sad. In the end, Carson blinks out and Rodney is alone.

Comment

What a CHEAP shot. The episode was filler fluff--
      Spoiler:
      oh, and by the way, we KILLED CARSON! OMG!!! WOES!!! LOOKIT everyone crying!!! Look at Rodney emote!!! SHEP almost CRIED!!!! OMG!!! WOES!!!! There was no plot, nothing going on, no building tension. And they left TEN minutes at the end for the poor, sad woebegone faces of the remaining cast.

Radioactive Tumors??? My gods, couldn't you come up with anything better than that?

How stupid and pointless can you get? Actually, pretty stupid and pointless, as this episode proves.

I am furious that they not only killed Carson, they wrote such an absolutely sh***y send off for him. DH and JF hinted at it, but man alive, was that a pointless, POINTLESS episode--and an absolute travesty and a waste. All it was was an excuse to yank the fans around and see how many they could make cry.

Heroes, Redux. Nothing original about this one and just as stupid and pointless as Janet's death was--maybe moresoe, because we didn't even get a Fluffy patriotic video out of it.

1/10
      Last edited by nonniemous; 16 January 2007, 12:11 AM. Reason: to add spoiler tags
      sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
      ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Wow. This is probably one of the best episodes of Atlantis I have seen in a long time. Mike Branton (sp?) is completely droolworthy. I would love to see more of him. I also liked Weir in this episode and I'm not an Elizabeth fan at all. They were cute together. Elizabeth acting insecure about seeing anyone who worked for her was adorable. The other vignettes were just as entertaining to watch. This is the Atlantis that I enjoy watching.
        Last edited by coolove; 16 January 2007, 08:57 AM.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
        Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Wow. Just wow. This episode blew me away. Mike is a HOTTIE, and must return. And John finally wearing dress blues? YUM.

I'll copy here what I said in my LJ report:

That episode blew me away for so many reasons - some wonderfully humorous scenes, balanced out by the terrible sadness in the end. I'm SO sad to see Carson going... although that ending scene was very vague, considering the possibility of ascension. But I think that the funeral scene and the goodbye between Carson and Rodney were SO beautifully done. Incredibly touching - it didn't feel at all trite or hurried.

On a ship front, this episode was chock full of it. I'll say it: I'm a Elizabeth/Mike shipper. I thought they were absolutely adorable together. Mike is adorkable, and Lizzie looked like she was about to melt into a puddle of blushing goo around him. So now I'm left wondering... will they stay together? He was pretty good at talking her into things. Rodney/Katie... SO sweet! I love how they babysat her plants together, and how they had a chance to talk through issues, and for Rodney to admit that he likes her so much, and to be honest and open with her. And, yes, I will say it - I am a Sheppard/Weir fan, but the Shep/Teyla stuff was VERY well done. They were cute and flirty and caring - it didn't feel forced at ALL. If it were written that well all the time, I could totally go along with it.

And friendships in general were developed - some great girly scenes between Elizabeth and Teyla (Teyla was SO pushing for Liz to go out on that not-a-date ), cute teasing between Elizabeth and Carson ("You smell nice, too!" "Shut uuuup!" ) some nice bonding between Shep and Ronon, and of course, the Rodney/Carson interaction that just made the ending so powerful. It felt like Rodney's losing Carson so suddenly really carried a message - don't put off the time you could be spending with the people you care about, because you never know what might happen.

Just so much character development all around - learning that Lorne is a painter, that Zelenka kicks everyone's ass at chess and collects the spoils, that Dr. Biro is just... weird. I loved it!

All in all, an absolutely fantastic episode, ranking up there among the best.
          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Such a great ep IMO but such a sad one too.

Can't really say more right now...

But really, that's the kind of eps I'd like to see more often!

Comment

Okay, I'm posting before I've read all the other posts. I hope I'm not dropping a brick, but here it goes...

I feel so sorry for Beckett's mom.

And that's all the negativity I feel about this episode. I don't want to sound too insensitive, but what a great way/episode to go. (Imagine Beckett leaving in the way Kolya had to go *horrible* ). Almost all the spoilers I've heard turned out to be true, even the coffin with the Scottish flag. All in all very well done, even the McKay/Becket post-death moment, which could have been corny, but it wasn't. The episode would have felt a little "empty" if that moment hadn't taken place IMO.

More good moments that I would mention even if Beckett hadn't been killed:
              - Teyla having a crush on someone (*who?*) but too afraid/PC to ask him
              - The Weir/Mike scenes which I totally bought. I usually feel that love-for-one-episode arcs are terrible/forced. But this one was pretty in character (IMO). Mike *was* very charming.
              - Weir asking Teyla for a way out. *chicken*
              - Ronon's way of playing golf and beating Sheppard in the grab-the-flag-on-Sheppard's-*ss game.
              - McKay out of the bed. In hindsight, pretty funny scene that led to catastrophe.
              - McKay and Katie Brown. If McKay ever has a real relationship, that's the way it would go I guess. Very believable.
              - Lorne painting. I wouldn't have guessed.
              - Sheppard in his AF uniform. That's the first time we've seen him in it, right? Looked good.

Only question that didn't really make sense to me (but doesn't need answering): They have a bagpipe, but they don't have gym shoes? Either some time has passed, or someone is really into doodling.
              No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
              (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

So, I've read through this thread (wow, is it calm here or what?) and I'd add this.

Firstly, I forgot about Zelenka and how he won Dr. Mallozzi's anime DVD collection in chess. Great evil reference there, Mr. Gero!

Originally posted by Atlantean_Fan View Post
                What's all the Shep's married deal about? How long and is he what divorced, widower (sp?)?
                No further mention of it.

(Ronon and Sheppard are talking about women, and how Ronon is still longing for his wife)
                Ronon: What about you?
                Sheppard: What about me?
                Ronan: When are you going to get married?
                Sheppard: Ha, already done that. [I was] not very good at it.
                (They continue to talk, and Ronon says he thought Teyla and Sheppard would make a cute couple. Sheppard thinks for a sec, then the explosion happens.)
                No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Well I am *sigh* I dont' know! I knew this would be a hard episode for me to watch for so many reasons and it was very hard to watch.

OK so I am a bit antsy right now, I am going with the old Pro's and Con's line:

Pro:
                  McKay written as if he is a person instead of a caricature.
                  Sheppard actually talking *unfortunately for this slash gal not to McKay* Yes he was married, it apparently didn't work out. NO KIDS *apparently*
                  Sheppard IN HIS FREAKING DRESS BLUES!!!! *sigh* That was hot even if it was meant to be sad.

Teyla laughing, she needs to laugh more, Teyla has a huge crush on Sheppard *well there you go* He may have a similar thang for her *I see Martin Gero means ship when he says ship*

Ronon was funny, Jason needs to be used more like this.

Weir, OK not my fave character but I did like her coyness she seemed almost human. *go figure*

Lorne, he paints!

Zelenka just looked adorable.

Carson *sniff* this is why I loved Carson in season one, he went far beyond his moral/ethical medical requirements. YES I did cry. Paul was great and the end with McKay "seeing Carson" was wonderful... *hugs the McBeck slashers*

Cons... you knew they would be there;

I hate it when shows do this, nothing is said about serious, possibly life altering events in characters lives then ALL IN ONE EPISODE BAM! Things are revealed...not least Sheppard being married, McKay still seeing Katie WTF! Teyla crushing on Sheppard, well OK blind freddy could see that one. Weir has these odd personal rules (she does know there are probably not a lot of single bars in the PG right? )

Why did they have to use so little of Carson in season 3 only to use him so well in this episode? That above all annoys me.... What a waste!

I will have to re-watch this as the tears did get in the way... and I had to keep stopping, so the flow was a little out of whack, but it is right up there in some ways with M&MM as the most poignant episode of SGA to date *IMHO*

Martin Gero 9/10 Sunday 9/10

I have to take away one as Katie and Rodney don't belong together *shudders*

OH frak you put Sheppard in DRESS BLUES... I give you the one back.

10/10

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post

Only question that didn't really make sense to me (but doesn't need answering): They have a bagpipe, but they don't have gym shoes? Either some time has passed, or someone is really into doodling.
                    Maybe that was someones personal item to bring or someone put a special request to send one though (earth has a ZPM now remember so it would only take a moment to get it to SGC and send one)

Originally posted by Vicky View Post

But really, that's the kind of eps I'd like to see more often!

NOT ME! I hate crying at the best of times. This was horrible. How could they do it. It was beautiful and very well done but i got into stargate to escape the real world! I don't want to be reminded that people i care about die. The ending with Rodney, God, i love Rodney and this made me see a whole new side of him that is rarely shown. I cried for him more than anyone else. David Hewlett did a fantastic job.

On a plus, love Lorne painting, would have never seen that coming. On the Sheppard note, IMO it was properly a teenage crush that got out of hand and the way he said he was no good at it makes me think that he neglicated her for the militily or something. Him in dress blues and Lorne!!!! *drooling*

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Noooo! Beckett
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I haven't seen the ep yet, but...it sounds kinda stupid. I mean, I was hoping it would be a really fantastic ep to make up a little (very little) bit for killing off Carson. But it sounds like a really weak story...explosive tumors? Ghost Carson? A completely pointless death. And so much for all their claims that he'll be back. Being blown up is hard to recover from.
                        Please please please tell me it's a lot better on screen than it sounds!

Oh, and Shep was married??? That I did not see coming.

Comment

Here's what happened. First draft. I'm not sure of names of guest cast members. I'm sorry that it isn't cleaner. Carson deserves better.

In spoiler tags for length.

Spoiler:

Teyla is walking thru the halls of Atlantis. She is talking to someone female. They are making small talk. They both have bags over their shoulders. The other person is trying to convince Teyla to say something to someone.
                          She: He’s not going to make the first move.
                          Teyla: We shall see.
                          She: Look, you know him better than me.
                          Teyla: I should hope so.
                          She: I wouldn’t be surprise if he’s oblivious to the whole situation

Teyla changes the subject. When was the last time so many people had the day off? She: It’s all Heightmeyer doing. She’s forcing a mandatory day of rest for everyone. Teyla says Athosians rest every 4 nights.

She: Want to have lunch?

Teyla realize she forgot something at the gym. Teyla: You go ahead, I’ll be right back. She walks away.

A huge explosion happens with a large fireball. Screams and alarms. Debris hits Teyla from behind. She ties to get up but she’s hurt badly. She passes out.

3 hours earlier

Hot science guy talking to Elizabeth in her office. Invites her to lunch.

Elizabeth : I make it a point not to have relationships with people works for her.

Hot Science Guy: No, it’s just lunch. Guy continues to flirt.

Elizabeth: I still have an hour of work.

Hot Science Guy: See you in an hour.

Elizabeth goes to Teyla’s room. Teyla: You’re early. Elizabeth has lunch with Hot Science Guy Mike. Teyla has Dr. Houston to practice fight sticks with. Go have lunch, Elizabeth.

Elizabeth meets Carson in the hall. She’s out of uniform. Carson has on a fishing vest. Carson is going fishing with Rodney on the mainland. Asks Elizabeth if she has a hot date? I was just joking but I see it’s true. Elizabeth walks away. Carson calls to her: You smell good, too. Elizabeth: Shut up.

Mess hall. Elizabeth and Mike having lunch. Discussing Harry met Sally vs Annie Hall. Mike: Men and women can’t be friends? Elizabeth: I never said that. Where does that leave Mike? If this is all I get for lunch I’ll stretch it out.

Mike takes Elizabeth to balcony. Elizabeth: It’s really is beautiful here. Mike continues to flirt. He kisses her. Elizabeth: I can’t do this.

Call from control room. Elizabeth leaves.

Canadian tech guy: Explosion at the base of the tower near gym. Three dead. About a dozen or so that are severely injured. Elizabeth: Equipment malfunction? Tech guy: Review of logs continuing but pretty sure it wasn’t. Elizabeth: So it could have been a bomb?

5 hours earlier.

Teyla crosses paths with John and Ronon in the hall. John is dressed in civvies and is carrying a golf club. Teyla forgot about John teaching Ronon and her about golf. She has plans for lunch with Elizabeth. John: You still got time. Teyla: I'm behind on my mission reports.. John: that's ok Elizabeth needs some time off. Ronon: You know, John, I'm behind my mission reports, too. John: Nice try. It's going to be fun. Ronon: Fun? Uh huh.

Driving range. John practicing. Somebody else at other station hitting balls too. Ronon says is that it? John describes golf. He’s been playing since he was six. Other guy is done. Ronon takes his place. Ronon knocks the ball one handed to kingdom come. John: It’s not about distance it's about accuracy. Ronon: Pick a spot, I’ll hit it there. Carson comes in. Other guy starts to complain. Carson asks to please see Dr Cole. It’s Carson’s first day off in a month. Carson wants to know if anyone wants to go fishing. No. Carson says fishing is the sport of kings. John says to Carson: You’re Scottish. Golf is your game. Carson: Not my thing. Brags about the future catch. Leaves.

Ronon: Time for a real sport. Leaves driving range. John takes a swing one handed. Follows Ronon.

Gym. John: Grab the other guy’s flag. That’s it? Flags tucked in the back of their pants. Stick in hand. Ronon whacks John, steals flag. Now round 2: one handed to increase difficulty. Whacks John in the stomach, steals flag. Round 3: one hand, one leg. Head butts John. John ends up on the floor. John says: Got an idea.

John’s room. John: This is my idea of a day off. Eat some junk food, listen to some tunes. How long have you’ve been here Ronan, a year? Ronon: Year and a half. John: Hang out with anyone besides me or Teyla?. Dating? Ronon: No not ready yet. John: Did you leave somebody behind? Wife? Ronon: Close enough. John: Sorry. Ronon: What about you? When are you getting married? John: Already done that. Not very good at it. There really isn’t anyone here… Ronon: I though you and Teyla… John: Really?

Muffled sound of explosion.

Hallway outside gym. Carson is doing triage. Teyla is brought out on a stretcher. Carson goes with her. John: Is she going to be all right, Carson?Carson doesn’t answer.

John and Ronon see Radek. He's removing some oxygen gear from his mouth. John: What the hell happened here, Radek? Radek: There was an explosion. What took you so long? John: Transporters out. There are a lot of stairs. Radek: McKay is in the lab investigating. No danger tower falling done. But there's, however, something very odd. Eyewitnesses say it appears that Dr. Houston just blew up. Ronon: Is that even possible? Radek: I know, but according to the few witnesses, she was just standing in the middle of the hall here and just exploded. John: Suicide bomb? Radek: No. I've scanned with my eqipment and there isn't even the slightest trace of explosive residue.

Last edited by watcher652; 16 January 2007, 02:54 AM.

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Second half.

Spoiler:

14 hours earlier

Rodney in infirmary wearing a robe. Rodney scolding 2 junior scientists that we now know are Dr Houston and Dr Watson. They were sent on a routine cataloging assignment but they activated an alien device. Dr Houston (female scientist): But you did that. Rodney: I can fix it, you can’t. My 4 year old niece is smarter than you. You need to be more careful. Carson: Rodney. Rodney calms down. Ok, ok. Take tomorrow off. Dr. Houston: We were. It’s the mandatory rest day. Rodney looks at Carson. Carson mimes fishing. Rodney turns away mumbles: Oh great.

Door of botany lab. Rodney goes in. Calls for Katie. Katie: I have to monitor these ferns. Could have the cure to leukemia. Rodney: I need an excuse to break those fishing plans with Carson. I can’t conceive of a more tortuous, unappealing way to spend time. Katie: Why did you agree? Rodney: It was a month ago. I thought something would come up so I wouldn’t have to go. But nothing did. Can take you out to lunch? Kaite: No I have to stay with the ferns. Rodney: I’ll get lunch and bring it back here. Katie: You want to baby sit ferns with me? Rodney: Yes, as opposed to fishing with Carson.

Mess. Rodney has two lunches. Sees Elizabeth and Hot Science Guy at table. Hmm. Carson comes in. Carson: Ah, great minds think alike. I've come for snacks, too. Rodney has long story about day off plans. Rodney: We spend so little time together I don't know if we're even a couple. I told Katie I’d spend the day with her. Carson: All right Rodney. Tell Katie I said hello. Carson walks out with a sandwich, an orange and a bottle of water.

Botany lab. Katie: Didn’t think we had a chance. Cadman made you kiss me. Then you avoided me for months. I understand how you didn’t want to think about it. But you’ve really made an effort to make time for me and it’s been lovely. Rodney: Saw my little sister saw happy. So I was thinking I’d like to get married. Rodney fumbles back and forth with Katie. Oh not to you. But I didn’t mean it like that. I mean... Katie: I like you a lot. Rodney: I know and to be honest I find that baffling. When you get to know the real me… Katie: I know you. There’s not a lot of subtext with you. Rodney: Sorry I ignored you. The two lean in...

Muffled sound of an explosion. Rodney runs off.

Back to Sheppard and Ronon with Radek at gym wall.

Rodney: Drs Houston and Watson were exposed to odd radiation. Carson examined them. They had a clean bill of health. So we thought we'd we’ll figure out the device later. Big Mistake. It’s a weapon to battle the Wraith. Creates explosive tumors. Medical technobabble.

Where’s Dr. Watson? In the infirmary, one of the people caught in the explosion caused by Dr Houston.

2 hours earlier

Mess. Back to Carson and Rodney. Rodney brushing Carson off.

Carson walks down hallway lined with dining tables. People are playing chess. Radek is at a table playing chess with someone. Carson: Radek, want to go fishing? Radek: I would but today we’re playing for things. Lists things already won. Can we go next week? Carson: OK.

Balcony. Carson finds Lorne on balcony painting. Carson: Would you like to go fishing? Lorne: Maybe if you asked earlier, but I'm in the middle of this painting. Carson: That's ok.

Some general purpose room. Carson sees Biro. She’s quite, um enthusiastic in her greeting. Carson doesn’t ask her to go fishing.

Infirmary. Doctor Cole at some device. She’s on call. Carson: Fishing trip is a bust, I’m going to catch up with paper work. What’s wrong with you? Cole: Migraine. Took something but still have it. Carson: You should have called me. Cole: That fishing trip was all you were talking abut for 2 weeks. Carson: It's done with now. Go rest.

Later. Carson is wrapping a woman’s foot. Carson: Don’t play volleyball in sandals.

Muffled sound of explosion. Carson orders medical personnel. Runs out.

Gym. Carson accompanies Teyla on stretcher.

Infirmary: Carson operating on Teyla.

Science lab: Rodney calls for Dr. Watson.

Infirmary. Dr. Watson is on operating table.

Carson sends his assistant to tell him Watson's on the operating table.

Rodney: Radiation caused explosive tumor. Get everyone out. Carson: He can’t move. Rodney: He doesn’t have to move you do. Carson sends everyone out but other doctor stays. Carson: We have a tumor to remove.

Science lab. John: Carson used his authorization code to seal off floor. Carson refuses to leave his patient. Rodney: You can't seriously be considering operating on this guy. Arson: Exactly how much time do you think we have? Rodney: There's no way of knowing. Houston was infected at the same time and her tumor already exploded. Carson: No time to waste, then. Rodney: Look, this all really brave and all... John: What if there's strutural damage? What if the tower comes down with everyone in it? Carson: Sending him to the other side of the city is tantamount to murder. Rodney: The man is already dead. Carson: Like hell he is. John: I can’t order you to stand down. Carson: That’s right you can’t. Have your men standing by I'll open access to the floor once I've extracted the tumor.

Elizabeth: How long has he been at it. John: About 10 minutes. We have an emergency crew standing by. Either way we're covered. Elizabeth: Can’t you bypass his access code? Rodney: It’ll take at least a half hour. Elizabeth: This is crazy.

Infirmary: Carson has extracted the tumor. Puts it in carefully in a container. Carson: Colonel Sheppard: I've extracted the tumor. He enters his access code and opens door. John: He's on his way Just sit tight. Carson: Tell him I'll meet him half way. The sooner I get this out of my sight the better. Carson tells other doctor to finish up with Dr. Watson. He takes container. Walks slowly out of infirmary. Hazmat guy is hauling a containment unit. Carson gives unit to man. Turns and walks away.

Explosion happens. A fireball engulfs Carson from behind.

Carson’s room. Rodney is in a shirt and tie. Going thru Carson’s things. Picks of photo of himself and Carson in that field on the day Rodney got Cadman downloaded into his head. (Cadman, who was escorting them, must have taken it)

Ronon comes in. Are you ok?

Rodney: Not really.

Ronon: Need help?

Rodney: No. He didn’t have a lot of stuff here.

Ronon: You sending all back home to his family?

Rodney: Yeah. I mean we will. They don’t know yet. We’ll send his body back to earth and I’m going to tell his mother.

Rodney: I should have just gone fishing with him.

Ronon: Don't.

Rodney: If I had just gone fishing, if I had checked the machine, if I hadn’t sent two junior scientists to catalog the lab…

Ronon: Rodney, what’s done is done.

Rodney: I know and that’s what’s killing me.

Infirmary: Teyla is in bed. John comes in wearing his dress blues. Teyla wants to go to the memorial. John: I’ll get a wheel chair. Teyla: No I want to stand, as a testament to him. Teyla: How are you? John: It hasn’t hit me yet. I’m not looking forward to when it does. Teyla: I feel a great sadness. I feel... She’s has no other words. Teyla: A great sadness.

John helps Teyla up and they leave the infirmary.

Gateroom. The Gateroom is filled with people. There is a coffin draped in the Scottish flag is in the center of the room. Elizabeth steps up to the side of the coffin.

Elizabeth: We say goodbye to a lot of friends today. Our mission is a dangerous one. We lose people. A fact we are all painfully aware of. But Carson was… I can’t remember anyone coming to me with a complaint against him. Ever. He was a kind soul. He was a healer. And he will be very deeply missed. George Fabrica said: "Death comes to us all, but great achievements, they build a monument which shall endure until the sun grows cold.” Every single life Carson saved is a monument to him and that gives me great comfort.

Elizabeth looks up to the balcony and piper starts to play the bagpipes. The Gate dials. We look at all the faces of those closest to Carson.

John, Lorne and Radek walk to one side of the coffin. Rodney, Dr Cole and Ronon are on the other side. Elizabeth steps beside Teyla. The procession walks slowly thru the open wormhole as the bagpipe fades.

Out on a platform on the edge of Atlantis. It’s sunset. We see Rodney standing by himself, at the edge of the platform looking out over the ocean towards the horizon.

Rodney is wearing his uniform. We see Carson walk up to stand beside Rodney. Carson is wearing a simple black shirt.

Carson: How did go back on earth?

Rodney: It was, um, it was awful. Your family was amazing, though

Carson: Aye, they are. Good turnout?

Rodney: Oh, packed the church.

Carson: Oh, that’s good to hear.

Rodney: It’s not going to be the same here without you.

Carson: Oh, you’re telling me.

Rodney: You know, the universe is a big place. Who knows, maybe we’ll bump into each other again.

Carson: Aye. Who knows?

Rodney: You were the closest thing to a best friend that I ever had. I’m really, really, sorry. I should have just…

Carson: Hey. This isn’t your fault.

Rodney: You’re just telling me what you want me to hear.

Carson: Well, that’s what best friends do sometimes. And in this case, it also happens to be true. Take care of yourself, Rondey.

Rodney raises his hand.

Rodney: Goodbye, Carson.

The camera pulls back over the ocean. Carson fades from Rodney’s side. The view continues to pull back until we see all of Atlantis and Rodney is no longer visible on the platform.
                            Last edited by watcher652; 16 January 2007, 02:43 AM.

My kind of guy:
                            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Not sure how I really feel about the ep. Knew carson was gonna die in this one, so that wasn't a shock. And after Teyla blew up and what happened, it was obvious how Carson was going to die. At least to me.

It was nice seeing everyone on their day off and learning more about them. Shep being married once was a surprise. Nice that Lorne paints. Nicely handled with Elizabeth and Mike. I would feel the same in her place. What she might want to indulge in and what she feels she can indulge in aren't the same thing. Not in her position.

The golf thing was funny.

Well done ep. Probably won't watch again though.

It's out of sorts for what happened, but I really want a regular SGA ep and some Shep whump. Real whump.

Although seeing his reaction to everything was beautiful angst and Joe did a fabulous job.

Comment

For all the 'wonderful' yet totally cliched character moments in this episode, it wasn't worth loosing one of the show's best characters.

sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X