No announcement yet.

Sunday (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was an interesting episode. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, which probably means it's really good because it's making me think
    Visit these links:
    Doctors without Borders --- Amnesty International --- ICotRC --- UNICEF --- Oxfam
    ______________________________________________________________________________

In the democracy of the dead all men at last are equal.
    There is neither rank nor station nor prerogative in the republic of the grave.
    ~John James Ingalls

Geek Forever!!!!!!!

Comment

This is quite possily the worst death ever of a main character

Spoiler:

Forget about why it happened whine about how it happened because that is an awful death
      Last edited by Starxgate; 16 January 2007, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I miss him, his accent and his caring nature already *cries*
        *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

I liked the episode a lot. I liked the interactions. I'd rather have Carson die as a result of the wraith or another enemy, not a dumb mistake.
          Cream Cheese, the people's cheese.

Comment

whoah... that animated gif is... disturbing. Would you be willing to put that behind spoiler tags, hon?

Comment

Yes...PLEASE put Carson's actual death in spoiler tags
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Spoiler:
                I’ve not seen this episode due to being in the UK, but is it possible Carson was beamed out of that with out anyone’s knowledge?
                BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  I’ve not seen this episode due to being in the UK, but is it possible Carson was beamed out of that with out anyone’s knowledge?
                  Spoiler:
                  They recovered his body & took it to earth for a funeral (Ronon went). But it sucks that Ronons first visit to earth was for a funeral for a friend

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                    This is quite possily the worst death ever of a main character

Spoiler:

Forget about why it happened whine about how it happened because that is an awful death
                    It was an absolutely horrible way for him to die. Something I really have no desire to watch again for a very very long time.

The more they kept showing Carson going to everyone about fishing, and him being turned down and people agreeing to it next week, you just knew something very bad was going to happen.

But as far as the episode is concerned, I really thought it was very well done. Creative with the whole 'exploding tumours' thing. I liked how they went back in time to show things from all the main characters' viewpoint. They even managed to squeeze in a lot of the recurring ones too, which was a pleasant surprise. I also thought that the ending with Rodney/Carson was beautifully done.

Overall I really liked the episode, but I don't know if I'll be able to watch it again any time soon.

Comment

I think it all comes down to this:

If Heighmeyer hadn't called for the whole "mandatory day off" thing, this wouldn't have happened.

So if we're going to blame anyone for what happened, blame Heightmeyer, not Rodney.
                      McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Rodney is the last person to be blamed for his death

Comment

Bye Bye Beckett, But isn't this episode 17 instead of 14?
                          Christopher H.
                          Stargate Atlantis Fan
                          WebSite Owner: Excellent Credit Cards

Comment

Originally posted by Domesticated Equine View Post
                            Based on just what we saw on-screen, nothing's stopping Paul McGillion coming back in season 4. There are always flashbacks, hallucinations, virtual realities, time travels, alternate universes, etc. that can be used if he's wanted back.
                            Yeah, because such "comebacks" are always so much fun ...not.
                            If they pull a "Ford" on him or bring him "back" like Janet... that would make it even worse for me, seriously. And I would feel like they used Paul to boost ratings after kicking him out so pitifully.
                            Just my opinion though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Pictures:

Comment

More Pictures:

Death scene:
                                Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:
                                Last edited by Franklyn Blaze; 16 January 2007, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X