No announcement yet.

The Return, Part 1 (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get why people are worried about Carson now. Paul's said to be in 17 of the 20 episodes this season.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
      I liked the episode quite a bit, but I didn't believe the "Ancients" were really Ancients. I think its a trick by the Replicators.
      That doesn't make sense, if the asurans were in rouse with the fake ancients - why wait six weeks, then send a shp + destroy puddle jumper.

Why not go in there the day after the team leaves then just gate in?

Comment

Not anything of any significance, but if anyone was paying attention to the Ancients being beamed down into Atlantis, one of the background characters looked an awful like the Tok'ra babe Anise.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

It was a great episode, it was moving, had good dialogue and a good plot. I'd give a 10/10 because of all the reasons people mentioned above. But since people have already harped on how good it is, I'll put down a few nagging grievances.

1) Jack didn't seem to fit in as much as the old Jack. His comedic timing was just slightly off. I could see it as trying to be the old funny Jack O'Neill, but it didn't fit and the timing seemed off.

2) Don't the Ancients have anything to fight the Asurans? I mean, they have the knowledge to create anti-replicator weapons . . . they should be able to convert some of their stuff to emit the same pulse . . . Maybe they need a McGyver to jerry-rig something. They should probably download the databse into Jack's head. Then he'll really give those replicators a hard time

3) The ending seemed a little off. The music just seemed a little too bright as they went throught the wormhole. They should've just entered the gate and faded to black with some ominous tbc music.

P.S. Something that I loved and haven't seen mentioned: The Ancient control panel right in front of the gate. Just pops up and they take control of the city. That was cool, and Rodney's reaction was priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
            I don't get why people are worried about Carson now. Paul's said to be in 17 of the 20 episodes this season.
            Possible spoilers for upcoming eps and S4...

Spoiler:
            There's a rumor circulating that a main character will be killed off in an upcoming ep... and more rumors that Jewel Staite has been asked to play "the new doctor" on Atlantis. People are a wee bit nervous about that coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              Possible spoilers for upcoming eps and S4...

Spoiler:
              There's a rumor circulating that a main character will be killed off in an upcoming ep... and more rumors that Jewel Staite has been asked to play "the new doctor" on Atlantis. People are a wee bit nervous about that coincidence.

Spoiler:
              Ellia is supposed to become a doctor???

I actually haven't heard anything about that. But it does make sense. I mean, Carson acted all sad and depressed when he was returning to Earth. Acted like he only had a little bit of time left. He was all sad and stuff.
              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I like this ep well enough. Very Classic SG-1 feel to it.

Of course this is Atlantis so shouldnt it have an Atlantis feel?

Also thought it was odd that they set it up so that the big cliffhangly "will they make it" goes to two characters that aren't even regulars (or even regular recurring) characters on the show.

I did like the inclusion of the Genii there at the end, too bad they didnt spend a little more time with that.

Also could the Ancients be any more bland (Although it was nice to see the Destroyer of worlds again).
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironic
                  Edit: Also, to anyone that saw 'ship, you have to admit that there was quite literally shippy scenes between nearly every single duo (and sometimes trio, and if one includes that last restaurant scene, foursome!). From Carson/Elizabeth, to McShep, to Sheyla, to Sparky, to Spanky, to whatever the hell combination you can think of (Except Weir/Ronon. That one was missing). It was all there. So, really, I don't think any one can wave this episode around as a banner for their preferred ship and the condemnation of any other. Personally, I'm gonna go with the interpretation that there was nothing overtly shippy at all in this episode. It was all about loving, but not the shipping kind.
                  Word.
                  Sig by Whistler84, RIP.
                  You believed in me when it seemed only I could. You stood by me when no one else would.
                  Even though we are two friends who did tragically part, I know your loving memory will forever survive in my heart

Poem by Rachel Cooper.

Comment

Was nice to see actual ancients. I really don't believe that the Asurans would stage some elaborate hoax to get the humans off Atlantis. If they wanted to take Atlantis I believe they could do it easily. I hope that at least one or two Ancients sticks around fora bit. Of course it was easy to see why they lost. Helia(sp?) was quite arrogant when confronting the Asurans.

Some really good team moments that I enjoyed a lot. Would have been nice to see a little more of what they all did during the 6 weeks on Earth.

I'm sure the Genii will factor in second part.

Can't wait for the Return II.

Edit--Intergalatic gate is quite cool. It almost seemed like when the space station was complete, a person could walk from one galaxy to another, but then if that was the case, I suppose the gates wouldn't form the end.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      Also thought it was odd that they set it up so that the big cliffhangly "will they make it" goes to two characters that aren't even regulars (or even regular recurring) characters on the show.
                      Yeah. Usually it's Shep who's presumed dead. Guess they're saving that for the REAL season finale.

Comment

I didn't like the team defying orders but then again Sg1 has done it plenty of times in order to save the universe yadda yadda yadda. Not a bad episode. But I'm hoping there's at least some repercussions for going against orders.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                        Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

I was pleasantly suprised that there were actual Ancients in this episode(well, at least it wasn't just Asurans walking up, hey we're Ancients, get inside, then take over like I was kinda expecting). After that, the episode reminded me alot of Politics/Within the Serpent's Grasp, from SG-1. Very well done, nice emotional-type-stuff, and all in all a really good episode. I can't wait for the second half, although I suppose I'm going to have to.
                          I do not believe you are well. You called me... "Lucy"

Comment

Wow, Atlantis rocked tonight! It was one of the best episodes yet, and I know the finale will be my favorite episode. This was one of the best setup style episodes I have ever seen. It reminded me of SG1 during its glory days. I couldn't help but think of Within the Serpent's Grasp.

All the goodbye scenes were sweet, and I love that Teyla and Ronan stayed together (not just for shippy reasons, Ronan has no one outside of Atlantis). The scenes showing Elizabeth's depression, John's iritation, McKay's lonliness, and Carson's tender care were precious. There were some great character development moments here. No cast member was treated as wall paper, and with a cast of six that is really saying something.

Wow, when the SGA crew started plotting mutiny at the SGC, I was blown away. I didn't think any of them (except John) had it in them! I loved the scene where they stole the puddle jumper and took off through the intergalactic gate (too cool).

Now, my two complaints! Let's not use SG1 guest stars on Atlantis unless they are playing the same characters. Even my eight year old noticed. She shouted, "Look, Mom, its the destroyer of worlds. They shouldn't help her again." More importantly, when you have RDA use him to his full capacity. I don't want to see him in dress blues. I want him in black ops weilding a zat and an uzi. I am going to let that go for now though, because I'm sure he'll get into the action in part two.

Overall, it rocked! SGA is really coming into it's own and I can't wait until March!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              I Hated Jack. Sorry, but I did. He's not fun anymore. He comes across (to me, anyway) as stilted and out of place and not really "there." His presence also screamed stuntcasting.
                              Of course it was stuntcasting. However, I'm always happy to see Jack, even though Colonel O'Neill was more than General O'Neill is.

Comment

I loved this episode..!

They TOTALLY had me fooled with the Ancient's return thing. I was so certain that they were really just Asurans. Some have expressed that they still have that concern but tell me this... Why would the Asurans bother with an attack once they'd gotten all but two humans off of Atlantis? They could have taken them incredibly easy at any point if they had any hostile intentions. Then on top of that, why would the Asurans kill their own people? That all being said... What ingrates..! Those Ancients really depressed me. "Debt of Gratitude", my A$$. I get Sheppard's point, but still. *sigh*

What the freak was Mckay's office..!?! Maybe it was some kind of large scale Naqahdah Reactor?? That thing was huge..! We know they'd been having problems applying Naqahdah power generation on a larger scale than the downsized version. That could turn out to be quite cool. It might even allow Earth to generate massive amounts of power than it is currently capable of generally doing.

Poor Weir..! I felt so bad for her. On the other hand, I really look forward to seeing her in the rare 'kick-butt' form next episode. Argh! I hate this 6 month thing..! Damn you again Sci-Fi..! Gagh..! *cries*

I REALLY hope those rumours about Carson leaving are false..! I love that guy..! Like Scotty, you just CAN'T replace that great scottish accent. Why would he be leaving? He's a local Canadian actor right? I'd hope he's not feeling down about his part or something. *look of concern*

Finally... As annoying as those Ancients were, I really HOPE they don't kill off all of them..! That would be really annoying too..! I mean, c'mon! If Sheppard and company can save their butts, surely they'd change their minds and be a lot more grateful? Right? Maybe they'd take Woolsey's original suggestion? Or at least just decide to live among us as many of the original other ancients did 10,000 years ago?

Oh... also. If it wasn't in fact Rodney's messing around with the Asuran's base code that enabled them to get around harming the Ancients, that might explain why they could treat those members of the Expedition that had the ATA gene as they did. Maybe they'd already changed it. Or it may have been Mckay's fault. It could be either. '?' Anyways.

Great Episode... but damn those cliffhangers..! I hate those.
                                The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                                Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                                My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                                Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Working...
                                X