No announcement yet.

The Return, Part 1 (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I find amusing is how Lee bought Weir's story that she was a WoW fanatic. The lady had been in an entirely different galaxy for three years, Lee. How in the world is she supposed to log on?

Anyway, this was a great cliff hanger, because it wasn't that "OMG, helpless situation, how will they survive?" In this episode, they take a far more assertive approach, and that's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger82
      What I find amusing is how Lee bought Weir's story that she was a WoW fanatic. The lady had been in an entirely different galaxy for three years, Lee. How in the world is she supposed to log on?
      The thing that got me was most of the World of Warcraft stuff was right, except you can't get to Level 75 in the expansion.

And as of the airing of the episode, the expansion isn't in beta yet.
      I will rule the world... and find that truly good cup of coffee.

Comment

Like the episode a lot! =] Ronon/Sheps hug..soo freaking CUTE!! XD Awww... Carson and his turtles! hehe

Why didn't Ronon go back to the Satedans? I mean... he has Solen right? lol..
        Maybe he wanted to stay with Teyla *wink* hehe Love the fact that he was acting like a lil CO-Leader to the Athosians.

Overall.. it was a pretty good episode.
        I felt really bad for Lizzie.. she was depressed.. =P And Shep..and "his team" lol.

I agree... Not a lot of action..but I think thats because The Return 2...will be FUll of it. Kinda like Part one eplained it... Part Two is *kick ass* lol.

ooh..and DR. Lee.. lmao... thats all. =]

icon pic thanks Cathain Nottingham

Comment

good ep, acctually very good.

<rant>
          nice to have ZPM back in Atlantis (seems like Ancients put at least one there).
          i wonder how BIG was that Asuran ship? another flying city or some sort of major battleship? (do we keep it after we get rid of them? - since we obviously do, there would no show if we don't ).... damn waiting.... i hate it....

i hope Canada or Sky airs whole season like last year... 6 damn months....
          and i hope that at least some Ancients survived... i am sick of SGA trend to kill everything cool left by Ancients (Aurora AND it's crew, Orion, dunno what happens to Tria (this ep Aurora class ship), defence sattelites in Siege, Arcturus Project.... the list is too damn long).

I guess if Ancients were all killed, they prolly ascended, so they are still around... what a cop-out...
          </rant>

after all the ranting, i'll just repeat i loved this ep, but i CAN'T wait 6 months... meh.. one of worst cliffhangers ever...
          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Beckett and his wee little turtles. ohhhhhhh!

Comment

There was nothing wrong with the episode. In fact, it was a good episode. The only problem is that it's not good enough for a mid-season finale (especially for one that the American viewers have to wait 6 months to see the continuation of!).

Let's just hope that all of the Ancients weren't killed off. That would be so shoddy and... well... all I'm saying is, it would be stupid...

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                Of course, I would have liked more RDA and I think, less familiarity around the Atlantis crew might have had an affect on his performance, but I have high hopes for the second part.
                Could be. RDA mentions in his Star Log magazine mentions he felt a little bit like a fish out of water there at the beginning. Rick also mentions in the interview how he went to Brad to make very sure that the SGC/SGA crew losing a general could believable. That might be part of the reason why Jack was so played down in this episode setting stuff up for part 2.

I think they made things in just enough chaotic disorder and put the main characters off balance just enough to pull it off.
                Jack O’Neill: When it absolutely, positively, needs mocked, shot, or destroyed overnight!

Comment

A nice, lowkey episode with many lovely "family" moments. Very interesting to me that Weir was having the most difficulty re-adjusting to life after Atlantis.

It's obviously a set-up for the big bang that is to come. While it seemed familiar in some ways, there were a couple of unpredictable elements.

I liked seeing the Genii in it albeit for a brief moment which leaves me wondering what part they will be playing in Part 2.

Now, I'm just waiting for the Wraith to show up before bursting into song... "Hail, hail... the gang's all here..."
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I absolutely loved this, and I have to say, from the spoilers I read I was worried. How wrong was I - AGAIN?
                    This was superb, so much better than TLB last season and Allies.
                    The team interaction and moments were terrific, and when Ronon and Teyla were in Sheppard's quarters, and they were saying goodbye I just loved it!
                    Ronon's hug was terrific, and really surprised me!
                    When Sheppard and Teyla did the Athosian head forming thing I felt quite teary, I see such friendship there and the emotions displayed by both Joe and Rachel were wonderful. It was such a poignant moment and harkened back to Rising, (I'm an ardent non-shipper, but I love the friendship angle here). It's so nice to see the caring side of the team displayed on occasion.
                    I loved Sheppard having his own SG team, even if he missed Rodney,awwww!That was so cool for me to see.
                    I loved the scene where Sheppard was on the phone to Rodney, that was so sweet, and Sheppard playing with airplanes, lol! On a completely shallow note...I loved seeing Sheppard in the green uniform - (Can't believe I'm shallow enough to admit that here!)
                    Beckett and the turtles was funny - poor wee buggers!!!!
                    I really enjoyed the ending. I don't care that Sheppard disobeyed a direct order. So damn what? He's saving his home and hopefully O'Neill and Woolsey. I can live with that. I like maverick Sheppard anyway - so bring it on, I say. Nuke Atlantis? Shame on Landry, or his bosses should I say!
                    McKay was as entertaining as ever, and how sad is it that he misses everyone?
                    I was surprised at Weir being all depressed and down. I didn't think she'd act like that, so that surprised me a little, but that's not a bad thing.
                    I liked the dinner scene at the restaurant, and then the phones all going off too!
                    I liked RDA here. He seemed off in TRW, but I was glad to see him here. Robert Picardo too. I was worried they'd dominate, but they were used wisely.
                    I look forward to the conclusion, but shake my head in disbelief that it's a six month potential wait. Shame on SciFi.
                    Excellent episode, with many bits I really took delight in. Well done to the SGA cast, Martin Gero and Martin Wood - my favourite director. The first half of season 3 has been wonderful, a real pleasure to watch.
                    sigpic

Comment

Overall a solid episode, but no means great and somewhat annoying.

I liked the intergalactic bridge, thought that was good and would like to see more of it in the future. I actually burst out laughing at the dinner scene when everybodies phones rang except carson's. That was pretty much all I liked about it.

I had BIG problems with the Atlantis team in this episode, I didn't like how they were able to outsmart everyone at the sgc, be sure if carter and the rest of sg-1 were there they're plan wouldn't of succeeded. The other thing was I could get past how completely selfish the Atlantis team were in this episode. Yes Atlantis has become a new home to them but the fact the wouldn't help blown up the city was just plain annoying, they're risking the replicators getting to the milkyway for what? For the fact they're selfish and refused to lose their new home in the process risking billions of life.

I also don't like this Atlantis vs SGC story the writers have put into place, it seems whenever they meet they disagree or disobey orders from one another, they're supposed to be on the same side.

Comment

great episode!! my only question for the moment is what happened to dr weirs house? she had one in real world...

Comment

Originally posted by Amakusa
                          The thing that got me was most of the World of Warcraft stuff was right, except you can't get to Level 75 in the expansion.
                          Maybe he was hoping Elizabeth wouldn't know that. Wouldn't be the first time a guy has exagerrated something about himself while trying to impress a girl.

As for the "If SG-1 had been there they'd never have gotten away with their mad plan" comment... Ya know, it might have been more interesting if they'd run across someone from SG-1- Sam, for example- who had immediately figured out what they were doing and dropped hints that she approved but had to report them anyway while leaving herself open to getting zatted and thus giving her an alibi and letting them continue on their way. *shrug* It'd just be a sort of "passing of the torch" thing and it'd show a nice bond between SG-1 and AR-1. Another good "family" moment.

Comment

cool episode
                            I see they recycled Lt Fisher from the fourth horseman into a replicator.

what will happen to these ancients, are they dead now?

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836

I really wasn’t paying attention to all the techno babble regarding the whole new gate system between Pegasus and Milky Way so I have a question. Once the PJ gets to the midway station, how does it dial the gate to continue on its journey if there is no point of origin since this is in a void between galaxies? I’m guessing the answer involves McKay and some sort of convenient by-pass program he has come up with to solve the problem of needing a point of origin or more specifically an actual planet….that or they somehow reconfigure the point of origin for the gate. Obviously I missed something in all that talking so does anyone remember the answer or was it even explained?

No you didn’t miss any thing...they just did not give much of a technical explanation.

It’s possible that the mid way station is located at a Lagrange point between Pegasus and the Milkyway, & McKay’s macro just tricks the gate network(s) into thinking that the station is in orbit of a planetary body rather than a libration point between the galaxies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagrange_point

9.999/10 stars.

I really injoyed this episode, but felt like some thing was a little off.

Every one has pretty much covered all of the possitive and negative aspects of the episode, so there is very little for me to add and I will reserve finall judgement until I see the second part. As it stands it has the potential to match/surpass the first mid-season cliffhanger, but we shall see.

P.s. I believe that rather large reactor behind Rodney was infact him pursuing his dream of selfsustaining fusion. Just my $0.02.
                              Last edited by Argosy; 23 September 2006, 06:20 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:
                              Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                              *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
                              DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
                              DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

I did like the episode but it really felt like setup to me so I'm witholding full judgement until it wraps up next year. I definitely got a SG-1 Serpent's Lair feel. What I'm hoping is that the comparisons end there and that they all have to pay in one way or another for their defiance because I love tension and drama. I don't like the easily resolved whitewashing they've done in the past.

I think I would have liked this episode better if I hadn't watched Ghost Whisperer earlier and cried through it and was so sad. The one thing that really stood out for me about the whole thing is how much I love Carson. He's such a sweetheart. I even found Rodney sufficiently and appropriately subdued in this episode. I'm getting closer and closer to wanting to jump Ronon.

I didn't like Weir but I'm pretty sure I'm just being unfair because I've gotten to the point where I often want to smack her upside the head. Objectively, it was nice to see her reaction, but I still wanted to slap her and say "Snap out of it!"

I definitely suspect those Ancients of being replicators but I somewhat hope they arent. It would be a nice closure to any concept I originally had they were ever nice people with any degree of sense.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Working...
                                X