The Return, Part 1 (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rarocks24
    Not anything of any significance, but if anyone was paying attention to the Ancients being beamed down into Atlantis, one of the background characters looked an awful like the Tok'ra babe Anise.
    The lead Ancient was formerly Linea, the Destroyer on SG1.
    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
      ...Now, my two complaints! Let's not use SG1 guest stars on Atlantis unless they are playing the same characters. Even my eight year old noticed. She shouted, "Look, Mom, its the destroyer of worlds. They shouldn't help her again." More importantly, when you have RDA use him to his full capacity. I don't want to see him in dress blues. I want him in black ops weilding a zat and an uzi. I am going to let that go for now though, because I'm sure he'll get into the action in part two...
      I agree with you, because I had the same reaction as your daughter, however that could have easily been solved by making her look different, say with a wig and different make-up. Simple
      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Too many rumors flying around about Carson and its depressing. I can think of one or two other useless characters I would love to see sucked dry by the Wraith.

Maybe I'll just switch channels.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Holy crap awsome! Here are my things

Good
          1. Beau Bridges was in it! It was ever revealed that we would be.
          2. RDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          3. LOL! The WoW part was hillarius.
          4. Space Bridge was awsome.
          5. ZATS!!
          6. A lot of original SG1 things that they have been holding back on was introduced.

Bad
          1. Only one thing......CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what team Shep was on?

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

I just wanted to add....

i feel bad for carson's poor turtles

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Everyone has already mentioned all the character development that had me squeeing.

Plus background: Carson is one of seven siblings? That's awesome! And he got turtles because he's allergic to cats.

There were actually two other things I noticed that were kinda arbitrary but interesting. And they have to do with clothes.

One: Sheppard looks really good in green. That just stunned me, seeing him in green and not black.

Two: When McKay's on the phone with Sheppard, I noticed something interesting about his long-sleeved undershirt. One sleeve was green and the other was blue.

Is it weird that I paid so much attention to that? I usually don't.

EDIT: Also, when Linea...er, head Ancient was talking to Jack and Woolsey, I could swear she sounded like Aragorn's inspiring speech in Return of the King: "The day may come....but it is not this day" kind of thing. I threw me for a bit.
              Last edited by lirenel; 22 September 2006, 09:01 PM.
              *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
              *~*
              sigpic
              *~*
              photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightspore
                Of course it was stuntcasting. However, I'm always happy to see Jack, even though Colonel O'Neill was more than General O'Neill is.
                Well it seems like the wardrobe department can't figure it out either. He was in the first scenes wearing his uniform...with his two stars. Cut to the report where Jack's in the BDUs and....he's got one star!! Apparently no one caught that mistake.
                sigpic

Comment

This probably isn't the place to ask, but I'd sure like a screencap of Ronan in his "browncoat" at the end of the epi.

"Lets Be Bad Guys"
                  "Science Fiction is an existential metaphor. It allows us to to tell stories about the human condition.
                  Isaac Asimov once said 'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and and philosphers of today. But the core of science fiction--it's essence--has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.' "
                  ~Grell, 'Silver/Teal'c', SG-1, 200th Episode

Comment

I absoultly loved this episode and to me proves why I have loved Atlantis from the begining. I have loved all three mid season cliffhangers so far and this one definatly takes the cake. This was a great ep great to see Jack back in his prime, and really great to see real Ancients actually in Atlantis again. I loved every second and screamed when i saw "To be continued" This was a great ep and reafirms why I love this show. I can't think of a single ep i hate but this is definalty a 10/10 and on my top 5 list.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

oh that is sweet our IGB is operational
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                        Well it seems like the wardrobe department can't figure it out either. He was in the first scenes wearing his uniform...with his two stars. Cut to the report where Jack's in the BDUs and....he's got one star!! Apparently no one caught that mistake.
                        Sometimes minor mistakes happen that no one catches, remeber Major Kawalsky wearing Captain insignia in the Premeire.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode.
                          Once again the family vibe was strong. The Ronon hug with Sheppard; the head-butt with Teyla were all great at showing John’s sense of family with his teammates. I certainly don’t ship them (go team Sparky), but I though the scenes were well done, and needed.
                          I loved the dinner scene with all of them, and Elizabeth calling John “Cheeky” was a highlight.
                          The turtle’s thing was hysterical!

My only complaint was giving Weir a gun. I have always liked the fact that she didn’t carry a gun. I understanding going into a city overflowing with replicators might not be the best place to try your hand at negotiating, but I still do not like it.
                          ((And no I am not anti-gun, just anti-Weir with a gun.))
                          "It's been my experience, Julia, that no matter where you go...there you are. " Suzanne Sugarbaker
                          (Designing Women)

Comment

Overall, I loved this epi. I thought it was a great midseason cliffie. Could be as good as The Storm, and slightly or moreso better than The Lost Boys. It's close.

Spoiler:
                            Lots of family vibes going on. You see how much these people have come to mean to each other outside the life and death moments. I also loved that they kept referring to Atlantis as home. After all this, it certainly would be.

Because I am who I am, I must comment on the ship: I definitely saw Sparky but I could just be so used to seeing it everywhere with these two that it's become second nature. I saw some possible Sheyla moments but nothing I can't live with. Especially the head touch thing. I can see it shippy or I can see it friendly seeing as how it seemed to pull us back to Rising when she did it the first time, signifying the beginning of a deep friendship with trust. But then I spin it the way I want to I suppose.

I loved that Elizabeth went with them. Realistically she probably should have stayed behind as she's not so much a fighter as the rest. But with how affected she was by leaving, I don't think they could have kept her away if they wanted to. As to the gun she had that someone mentioned, was it a P-90 or one of those replicator destroyer guns? If it's the latter, I see no conflict in her carrying one as well.

Again, I loved this epi. I can't wait for the conclusion and DANG IT ALL that we have to wait 6 months! I hearby put in my vote for an early return if at all possible. I mean it'll be cool to end season 3 and go almost directly into season 4 but I don't think that's a good enough trade off for a six month hiatus. I much prefer two 3 months than one 6 month. Just my opinion.

Begin the countdown now.

AL

Comment

damn you get all amped up for an ancient but once you get them home they screw you over. well its their city but it was very abrupt with no warning in taking back the city
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by A.L.
                                Overall, I loved this epi. I thought it was a great midseason cliffie. Could be as good as The Storm, and slightly or moreso better than The Lost Boys. It's close.

Spoiler:
                                Lots of family vibes going on. You see how much these people have come to mean to each other outside the life and death moments. I also loved that they kept referring to Atlantis as home. After all this, it certainly would be.

Because I am who I am, I must comment on the ship: I definitely saw Sparky but I could just be so used to seeing it everywhere with these two that it's become second nature. I saw some possible Sheyla moments but nothing I can't live with. Especially the head touch thing. I can see it shippy or I can see it friendly seeing as how it seemed to pull us back to Rising when she did it the first time, signifying the beginning of a deep friendship with trust. But then I spin it the way I want to I suppose.

I loved that Elizabeth went with them. Realistically she probably should have stayed behind as she's not so much a fighter as the rest. But with how affected she was by leaving, I don't think they could have kept her away if they wanted to. As to the gun she had that someone mentioned, was it a P-90 or one of those replicator destroyer guns? If it's the latter, I see no conflict in her carrying one as well.

Again, I loved this epi. I can't wait for the conclusion and DANG IT ALL that we have to wait 6 months! I hearby put in my vote for an early return if at all possible. I mean it'll be cool to end season 3 and go almost directly into season 4 but I don't think that's a good enough trade off for a six month hiatus. I much prefer two 3 months than one 6 month. Just my opinion.

Begin the countdown now.

AL
                                I agree compleatly. This was a great episode, as it did everything right. But the six month hiatus will suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X