No announcement yet.

Common Ground (307)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know the code word for the preview that you can get from Sci-fi?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Jessica Davis
      KOLYA

Comment

Originally posted by Major Jessica Davis
        kolya...and it actually works this week!
        Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit
          Well if you remember Sheppard did say he should have killed him long ago.
          That is true...and I must say, I am so looking forward to seeing this episode!
          sigpic
          Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
          |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Yay! Somebody that can write for Weir! Everyone else should be banned from writing her.
            It's like this guy went into the future, read all the threads on GW, and wrote according to them.
            Anubis: I'm... too sexy for my host... too sexy for my host... too sexy, I boast
            OPINION != FACT
            YOU != EVERYONE

Comment

I'm glad the Wraith was not named cause naming him would just put him with the past Wraiths Shep has named and hes not like those guys at all....okay okay, just call him Tim. Tim works.
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Speaking of names, I do wish he'd told Sheppard his name, we've never really heard a Wraith name.

Yes, it's possible the males don't have names (The Queens Do) but I find it more and more unlikely the more we know about them.

Comment

Pardon me, where is it stated the Queens have names?

Every Queen has been fannamed

Queen/Keeper Rising: Sally
                  Queen/The Hive: Sue
                  Queen/Allies/No Man's Land: Mina
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Welcome, Tipper!

Originally posted by Tipper
                    Since we now know that the Wraith can give life, as well as take it away, do you think that means that, with respect to the worshipers, they not only don't kill them...they can keep them young? I.e., that the Wraith, for a worshiper, could act almost like a fountain of youth? Which, obviously, would be a huge incentive for someone to become a worshiper. Who knows how long they could live! It could also explain why all the worshipers we saw in the Hive were young. Very young. Meaning, maybe...Neera was much older than she looked?
                    I thought the same thing. It puts a whole new spin on the worshippers/collaborators that we saw in prior episodes, although it's something that doesn't seem to be well-known in the Pegasus Galaxy, as neither Ronan or Teyla (both well-travelled) had heard of it.

It will be interesting if TPTB explore this concept more. Maybe it is an offshoot of the human DNA and the kinds of healing powers that people can display on the path to Ascension or it could be some property of their bug DNA, which means Iratus bugs might be co-opted into healing bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
                      We have an episode thread use it, this is not the place to talk about the the whole ep and you didn't use spoiler tags!
                      Gimme a break, you're in the season 3 DISCUSSION FORUM, WHY WOULDN'T THERE BE SPOILERS?? Shouldn't have to use them period.
                      Last edited by Armagaiden; 25 August 2006, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzerd
                        I think tonights episode was one fo the best i have ever seen of atlanis as we learn more about the wraith as well as a very good story line.

Just my thoughts
                        I for one couldn't agree more. Although these shows were all produced sometime ago, I couldn't help but feel vindicated for last episode with Michael and how they handled that.

Not only that, but the actions of Weir and the Geni were also in high question as we all know how the directors/writers/producers right the stories when Weir trusts alien governments, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO THE GENI Yet another refreshing and surprising change FOR THE BETTER.

Throughout this episode and from the previews I thought for sure things would end up the same way in a negative way. But they didn't, and I applaude the director/writers/producers for once.

One of the best episodes ever imo.

Comment

I felt so sorry for Sheppard!
                          Spoiler:
                          I actually teared up on that last forced feeding in front of Koyla. I never really hated Koyla until this ep though. I just felt he was a solider trying to do what he felt was best for his peeps...... now..... the guy is an basterd! And a coward to boot. Made me actually like that Laden Redeem fella, even though he is a sneaky Genii.

I got to say the old age make-up effects got a boast for this ep. Old Weir looked crappy in season one. Feable Sheppard looked it like skin and bones! It was horrible! But good horrible unlike old Weir, lol. My favorite moment was when Sheppard was all "They are focusing their search around the gate. They must have thought we knew where we were going." and then the feeble wraith dude chuckles. That Wraith rocked! I wish he got a name.

Rodney shooting the mouse was kinda funny, but also just kind of annoying.

I wonder if the Wraith guy will show up again? I don't know for sure if he knows that they are from Atlantis.... but if he figures it out.... *shakes head* Another massive build up of Wraith forces attacks Atlantis in the season finale.... but wait... wait.... see ya next season!

Why do they keep showing the "Get in the Gate" commercials? SG-1 got canceled! The winner won't be able to be in both shows! False advertising! Whoever wins should sue. That will serve them right

Spoiler:
                          Can't wait until the 2 Rodney's/3 McKay's eppy next time, even if it is 2 weeks away.
                          Last edited by kiwigater; 26 August 2006, 04:22 PM.

Comment

This episode was a perfect example of why Weir cannot be trusted in situations like this. As soon as something bad happens to Sheppard, she should just put Teyla in charge (somewhat kidding). The scene when Sheppard was first being tortured and she was screaming "No! No!" like a despondent lover were just terribly bad. The fact that she even considered giving over Ladon, a head of state and the only major ally they have in the PG, just to save Sheppard was also equally bad. Why did Weir even keep Ladon as essentially a prisoner in Atlantis if she was not going to give him over to Koyla? Look what happened as soon as she let him go, he gets the information they need to go find Sheppard, yet she is holding him there in Atlantis out of some misguided and subtle threat.

Also, the whole concept of the buddy pairing with the wraith was absolutely, positively ludicrous. Yes, it was done well and entertaining, but the entire plot totally rings false.

In Misbegotten, we have a wraith that helps the entire crew of the Daedalus, saving their lives (not just Sheppard). He does this, as many argued, out of his own self-interest, but still he helps. He knows of the existence of Atlantis. What happens to this wraith? He is imprisoned, transformed to something against his will, betrayed despite his essential assistance to the people from Atlantis. In Common Ground, we have a wraith that saves the life of Sheppard only. He does this primarily out of his own self-interest. He also knows of the existence of Atlantis (he must know). What happens to this wraith? Is he betrayed? No, he is set free, and is actually treated as some kind of special wraith who is somehow the equal of the human Sheppard.

Where were these sympathetic feelings of Sheppard toward the wraith back during Misbegotten? Getting the life sucked out of you apparently changes your viewpoints on a lot of different things.
                            "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by Xellos205
                              Tonight episode was good but I don't think it's the best. So far PROGENY is the best of the season. There are many episodes yet to come so I'll keep an open mind.
                              Ugh, progeny played out like every other alien encounter. We find new people, weir trusts new people, they betray us. we find one that might be swayed, we lose them, we lose any chance of new techological advances in the process, and we gain yet another new enemy. NEXT!

Comment

Didn't comment on last week's episode, but this week's was quite good. Firgured that the Wraith would have the ability to heal other's, and makes me wonder what else don't we know about the Wraith. Kolya, he was his usual self, don't get me wrong I like it, spices up the show when he's around. Ronon's distrust is beginning to annoy, can they really give him nothing other than complaints? Weir, this team, they seem to be more and more willing to kill, the longer they inhabit that city. They were fresh and wide-eyed when they arrived, now it's shoot first and ask question's later, but Kolya had something coming, an eye for an eye I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                                X