Common Ground (307)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stubadingdong
    I loved the return of Kolya and the Genii. Interesting twist with the Wraith able to give life back (though I have to admit I saw that coming since they hatched their escape). I still wouldn't trust the Wraith though, after only one guy proved trustworthy with a mutual goal. All bets are off, after all.

Can't wait for the next Kolya episode!! I hope he snags Rodney next time.

I loved this episode as well, I always wondered if the Wraith could give life back.

Comment

Great, great, great episode. I mean, it was obvious Shep was going to get changed back, but the way they did it was very cool and came as a surprise to me. I loved the tenuous friendship between Sheppard and the Wraith and it was quite interesting to hear said Wraith chuckle. They grasp levity, it seems, which is fascinating in and of itself.

I actually didn't think there was any aspect that came off rushed at all, even the ending. The pacing was absolutely perfect. This episode flat out rocked.
      Theoretically spoilerish:
      Spoiler:
      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

This season has been covering a lot more ground that Two did, especially with the characters which makes me a very happy SGA fan.
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I didn't use spoiler tags because i didn't spoil anything i was just saying it was a very good episode maybe poeple who write will use spoiler tags. Its not like i gave anythign away.

Comment

Wow, one of my favorite eps and more proof that this season is sooooooo much better than season two. I was literally whimpering when Sheppard was being fed upon while the others in Atlantis watched.

And the brother comment was great. I love a three-dimensional wraith...did anyone get his name? I'm thinking Carl.

Ronon was a bit over-the-top, though i may be biased because Ladon is my favorite Genii. But that plus the obligatory make-fun-of-Rodney scene gives it a 9 out of 10. Though Rodney's little speech to the soldiers almost makes up for it.

Also: Will someone please please please write a fanfic where Rodney is the one captured? I would, but considering I'm still writing a fic I started before last season's Critical Mass, it would probably be mid-forth season by the time I finished it.
            *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
            *~*
            sigpic
            *~*
            photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
              We have an episode thread use it, this is not the place to talk about the the whole ep and you didn't use spoiler tags!

ditto

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

This is possibly the best episode yet for season 3. The writing, production and acting were excellent. This episode seems to have found Atlantis's missing moral compass. About time, too. Also, the obligatory McKay stupid/silly moment was less egregious than in previous episodes, including the insulting SG1 Pegasus Project.

Finally, a ten.

PS, Please keep this writer. Will be interested to see more of his work.

V5

Comment

Great episode! A dark episode as well, Sheppard is a bada** even with the body of an old man. Throwing the knife and using that guy as shield...amazing.

At the end when Sheppard grabbed the communicator and was talking to Kolya, it reminded me of Kirk speaking to Kahn in Star Trek 2, telling him he is still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                    Thank god for finally letting them not scrw anyone over. And they had two chances and managed to make the right choice in both.

Nice episode.
                    Good point. I loved that both Sheppard and Elizabeth stood up to their own code of honor - both in very different ways.

Onto my reactions to the episode: I'm a sucker for any Genii episode, and this was no exception. They seriously are the best villians in both SGA and SG-1, at least in my eyes. Anybody else agree with me on that? The Storm. The Eye. Brotherhood's End. The little part with Weir bound and blind-folded in "Siege II." Coup d'etat. And now this. I have never had villians that I love so much. My Kolya-love/hate is only rivaled by my Laden-love/hate. I'm glad they decided to bring back Laden. His performance in Coup d'etat was surprisingly refreshing and enjoyable, and I was worried the PTB were going to chuck him to the side in favor of Kolya. Glad they didn't. Although Kolya took the prise as best villian, no doubt. I have to say, I saw more than a little bit of regret in his eyes at what he was doing to John. Surprising, and ever-dynamic. Gotta love those types of villians.

John Sheppard - You looked freaky when you were old, but I still totally dug you because were still the same sarcastic guy until the end. They can take your life, but they can never take your freedom humor. This is the John Sheppard I love to watch so much. I loved his faith in his friends. The PTB are really emphasizing that with both John and Ronon this season.

Quick highlights:

Ronon - his anger never gets old. I'm sorry to those that find his character one-dimensional, but for me, it just always works.

McKay - the mouse killer! Ah, your cowardice never gets old, either. Loved his concern for John, too. And the last line he had. "He looks younger than he did before!" LOL! Also, the little scene where he roused up the marines with his Sheppard-like speech, and afterwards, where he looked back at Elizabeth and shared a moment. Dude, this episode brought back so many flashbacks to the John/Elizabeth/Rodney moments in "the Storm/The Eye."

Teyla . . . um, dude, PTB, can you remember that Teyla is a cast member, please? I saw her look of concern for 2.5 seconds, and the rest of the time, you forgot about her - again! Please stop doing that! (Although, I did get a kick out of seeing her go through the the door second during the raid. Not even the marines overruled her presence. Sweet.)

Elizabeth - well, she was just awesome. Totally cool and level-headed, and unflinching. Except for the close-ups of concern they showed when John was being fed upon, playing the stoic leader that can't quite cut off her emotions when it comes to her closest friends to a "T." I have to hand it to the writers this season, they're really getting their characters right. This is the Weir I want to see. This is the leader that shines.

The Wraith - great performance by whoever the actor was. Loved the interesting dynamic between him and Sheppard, but then, I also loved the Teyla-Michael dynamic, and this reminds me of that.

It's worth repeating - Sheppard just rocked. Finally, a Sheppard-centric episode that doesn't fail to live up to it's expectations. (Although, I suppose, "Conversion" was pretty darn good.)
                    Last edited by Ironic; 25 August 2006, 08:10 PM.
                    My Livejournal, feel free to friend me.

Comment

One of the best parts of the show was definatly Sheppard getting fed upon. Wow, great television! Shame the Wraith didn't finish the job!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironic
                        Ronon - his angry never gets old. I'm sorry to those that find his character one-dimensional, but for me, it just always works.
                        I love Ronon and his relationship with John. Notice the similarities between Sheppard's anger of Ronon's capture in Sateda and now Ronon's anger at Sheppard's capture. It angers him that because of our own allies: Sheppards suffering horribly. I'd just like to see him start to bond with people other than John or Teyla.
                        sigpic
                        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Also, that really irked me was Sheppard. He was a deceprid old man who could barely breath and stand on his own. Oh, but he managed to subdue two young guards with ease........

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
                            One of the best parts of the show was definatly Sheppard getting fed upon. Wow, great television! Shame the Wraith didn't finish the job!
                            Seeing as you've posted that same comment like 8 times on here... I take it you don't care for Sheppard?
                            Theoretically spoilerish:
                            Spoiler:
                            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Awesome episode! I am really enjoying S3!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironic
                                Teyla . . . um, dude, PTB, can you remember that Teyla is a cast member, please? I saw her look of concern for 2.5 seconds, and the rest of the time, you forgot about her - again! Please stop doing that! (Although, I did get a kick out of seeing her go through the the door second during the raid. Not even the marines overruled her presence. Sweet.)
                                Teyla? Who is this character of which you speak? I don't remember that one. In all seriousness, I do miss her character. She is a good, strong female character, and I think they should get back to showing more than what they have. It's like you know she's there, but you rarely ever see her or hear her.
                                Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X