No Man's Land (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sabbon View Post
    Hmmm, I know it might be a different sort of beaming technology (seeing as the Prometheus never had fully integrated Asguard tech), but what about when the Prometheus beamed the building into space in "Ex Deus Machina" (9x07)? The beam location neither started or ended inside the Prometheus.
    What about the time Ford had to beamed up to the Daedalus before down to Atlantis or McKay said the beams weren't designed to go from place to place (Intruder) or the many other times they beamed up to a 304 first. I can't get a logical answer for the Ex Deus Machina episode except it being a continuity error but more then a few episodes have identified that you have to beam to the spaceship first to go to a location
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

It may have something to do with the tracker tags. I vaguely remember SG1 placing a tracker on the building, so Prometheus could beam it out. If so, that would explain bypassing the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by sabbon View Post
        It may have something to do with the tracker tags. I vaguely remember SG1 placing a tracker on the building, so Prometheus could beam it out. If so, that would explain bypassing the ship.
        That fits in with
        Spoiler:
        the part in "Outcast" when Shep has Apollo beam the replicator into low orbit - he also had a tracker on him.

Comment

One of the best season openers yet. I love all the action, how it is spread out. Lorne commanding the short lived Orion, and then getting thrown by the wraith queen, Weir off on Earth, Teyla left in charge, Michael helping out, and then taking over the hive ship, love it!
          sigpic

Comment

Great episode, and I loved seeing Michael again. I do hope he'll mend his ways, since the Wraith aren't prepared to accept him back into the fold.
            sigpic

Comment

Good season opener. It opens a great opportunity with Michael
              Spoiler:
              but sadly the lanteans are too stupid to use it and their morality goes downhill in MISBEGOTTEN.

Again, some minor comments

1. What about wraith shields. McKay mentions this twice in S1 but we never hear of it again. A lot of people say the reason why the wraiths didn't develop in 10'000! years was the reason they didn't have to. But if the hyperspace does damage their organic ships, wouldn't that be a reason. The same with better beaming technology and life sign detectors. It would make culling much more effective. Ah well, the writers seriously missed some points here.

2. Ronon had a knife and the wraiths missed it? You see all their belongings in Micheals quarter. BTW if they don't trust Michael why would they bring it to him in the first place. If you can cut yourself out so easily of the coocons with a knife, then getting out of those holding cells shouldn't be much of a problem.

3. One puny rocket is enough to seriously damage the hyperdrive of such a BIG SHIP?

4. Since when can Deadalus beam without lowering the shields?

5. I always got the impression that you need telepathy or a good interface to access wraith tech. For example in RISING the wraith opens the cell door via telepathy. Would also make sense for a telepathic species ... It is just very convenient that the writers decide randomly when telepathy is needed and when not.

6. Ronon is quite a bad ass to Michael. Wanting to shoot him from behind after Michael gave him his weapon. At least Shepp as morality. It's really getting boring that Ronon can't distinguish the time when hating the wraiths won't benefit them. A bit more character development wouldn't hurt. Or if he is incapable of that, kick him out of the team.

7. No it's suddenly not so easy anymore for both, the Daedalus and the Orion, to fight against the two hive ships. Sadly, the wraith are only a threat if it benefits the suspense. What a shame.
              Last edited by Skie; 22 March 2011, 02:16 PM.
              Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                Good ep. It absolutely sucks that the Orion was destroyed. That the worst allied ship to be destroyed since .... well ever. I hate the producers because of this, I demand another Aurora-class ship, then I like the producers again.
                Well, that's a bit far, isn't it, me.

That visual effect that depicted our galaxy is 100% wrong, we're a barred galaxy not a spiral galaxy. That kind of annoys me (god, I'm like Neil deGrasse Tyson). I'll let it slip by, since this ep aired in 2006.

Tomorrow, the conclusion.
                sigpic

Comment

Joe Mallozzi's started Season 3 too:
                  NO MAN’S LAND (301)

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Or, in this case, at the very least, a most unlikely ally. I’ve always loved characters that inhabit that grey area between black and white, not quite good yet not quite evil either – colorful, unpredictable, and oh so dangerous. With the hive ships headed for Earth, Sheppard, McKay, and Ronon have no choice but to thrown in their lot with the mercurial Michael. Meanwhile, in the midst of a crisis situation, Dr. Weir is recalled to Earth where she faces off against representatives of the I.O.A., proving herself more than a match for her critics. Instances like these showed Weir at her best – as a civilian commander alternately diplomatic yet determined and unwavering in the face of a challenge.

Throughout the show’s run, those wraith sets were in a constant state of development and improvement. Compare the cocoons or the walls of the hive ships from early episodes to the versions here – or in much better versions in season 4 and 5. It wasn’t just textural issues (we needed the ships to look organic rather than plastic) but color and lighting as well that really sold the alien feel. At this point, I don’t think we were completely happy with what we had.

Guest starring Robert Picardo and Tamlyn Tomita! Robert reprises his role as Richard Woolsey – and what a long way the character has come since his introduction as a pencil-pushing trouble-maker back on SG-1. Still, it would be a couple of more years before the character would be fully redeemed, assuming command on the Atlantis expedition in the show’s fifth season and showing a vulnerability and sense of humor that eventually endeared himself to viewers. Tamlyn, meanwhile, plays the role of Chinese representative Shen Xiaoyi who will put in appearances in a total of four episodes of the franchise, most notably in SGA’s fifth season mind-twister Remnants.

Favorite exchange -

Michael: Good luck.

Sheppard: Thanks, it’ll be a walk in the park. A very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ympics-update/
                  sigpic

Comment

A good season opener.

Weir in trouble with IOA. They couldn't cause her much worry though. Weir knows how to deal with them.

Good to see the original actor for Michael back in the role. (I think)

Cool to see the Daedalus and Orion fight together. Not that the Orion lasted long. How cool did all those nukes look when they were flying at the Hive ship.
                    sigpic

Comment

So, poor Michael isn't liked by the Wraith now, helps the Atlanteans escape from the hive, andl not liked by them either! I don't blame him getting really frustrated and angry about the way he is being treated all round.

Sad to see the Ancient ship destroyed, but I suppose they couldn't have everything, including the Wraith hive ship. Instead they end up with a whole load of ex-Wraith. Despite the losses they did stop the Wraith from getting to Earth so that's something!

This idea of de-Wraithing Wraith has turned out to be more trouble than it's worth!

Comment

October 2006: By this point I had moved to Exeter and was doing voluntary work at a local community centre...and Atlantis was ready for another round...

1. Forgot about the scene with Shep and the girl, think they were trying to hang a lantern on the Kirking.

2. Oh...Michael's fall from grace...

3. Again Ronon was an idiot...why does/did he have a specfic beef with Michael again?

4. "I want to spend my last breath of sair, getting more air". A McKay line I always remember...
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

it was beautiful. That whole battle sequence from the arrival of the Daedalus to the destruction of the Orion was just fantastic. Arguably my very favorite combat sequence in the whole series.

Comment

While I am not the biggest fan of Allies, I really like this episode. It has a little bit of everything for everyone. The setup of what happened to Sheppherd was kind of obvious. You knew they would not kill the lead so Sheppherd being on a Wraith Hive Ship was kind of obvious. But I nitpick. The action of stopping of the Wraith from reaching Earth was action packed to keep me entertained. I can remember geeking out to seeing the Daedalus and Orion barely defeating the Wraith. Although I have to wonder what was the point of Ronon and McKay being on the Wraith ship. They accomplished nothing on the ship during the whole ordeal. But the idea of using the retrovirus to solve the lack of life support on the Daedalus was an interesting one I did not suspect. On the character side I find the whole Weir stuff with the IOA so great. I never understood why Weir was the head of the Atlantis expedition. It seemed her career choice made her a bad leader for the expedition. This episode changed that to me. To see Weir battle heads with IOA and undermine them it showed me why the negioater like Weir could be a valuable leader for the expedition
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                              Poor Orion, she didn't last long...
                              And I'm gonna catch up soon, I swear...
                              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                                Poor Orion, she didn't last long...
                                All I have to say is this.

Welcome to Season 3!

Hope you catch up soon.
                                Back from the grave.

Comment

Working...