No announcement yet.

No Man's Land (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok episode, but once again dont like the wraith kind of episodes, regardless if they became human or not.

Comment

A very strong Season Opener.
      I just liked the overall mood of this Episode, very nice.

And as always, A Wraith Queen is always a Plus!

Comment

Yes, IMO this is one of the strongest Atlantis Opening in this show history. Just love Michael, his character is awesome, his devolpment later on not so much, but on his own his character is really awesome! McKay starts to get annoying from this season on.... only Mr. and Mrs. Miller and Tao of Rodney are watchable with him on focus. But this episodes owns! Orion to bad, would have loved to see lorne as captain of the orion more... damn it! well over all nice visual effects... and Shepperd funny; "I have to listen to those guys more" nice.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Butlersgate View Post
          nope, where about's is it?

this episode just owns
          http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...m=292&pos=1050
          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=292&pos=151

Who is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
              Yes, IMO this is one of the strongest Atlantis Opening in this show history. Just love Michael, his character is awesome, his devolpment later on not so much, but on his own his character is really awesome! McKay starts to get annoying from this season on.... only Mr. and Mrs. Miller and Tao of Rodney are watchable with him on focus. But this episodes owns! Orion to bad, would have loved to see lorne as captain of the orion more... damn it! well over all nice visual effects... and Shepperd funny; "I have to listen to those guys more" nice.
              I did notice McKay getting more attention in season 3 than in 1 or 2. However, his presence got intolerable for me by season 4. With Weir's departure, Atlantis seemed to devote 20% of its total focus on McKay and that's really imbalanced for any show. Ronon & Teyla seemed to get pushed to the back burner as token warrior characters, imo. I personally think this imbalance greatly diminished character & plot possibilities.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Viper_au View Post
                random extra, but i want that food right now i'm hungry
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yes obviously an extra, but I wanted to know who it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Viper_au View Post
                    Yes obviously an extra, but I wanted to know who it was.
                    Good luck finding that one out. Extras can be actors or just random people from the street
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes that did seem to be the trend... I like mcKay and was excited but it did wear on my soul after awhile

Comment

A good start to season 3 IMO. I don't like Michael, but I think the actor is very convincing. I loved the Ronan/McKay scenes. A real shame about the Orion, I would have loved to explore more of these ships.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

I'm sorry if someone's asked this before, but I keep wondering why the Daedalus doesn't just lock onto the wraith aboard the hive ships and beam them into space? For example, at the end of this ep when they beam the human-gas onto the hive ship, what was stopping them just beaming the wraith straight out, which would have allowed them to evac to the hive ship straight away instead of spending hours gasping in corridors?

Comment

Originally posted by albatross View Post
                            I'm sorry if someone's asked this before, but I keep wondering why the Daedalus doesn't just lock onto the wraith aboard the hive ships and beam them into space? For example, at the end of this ep when they beam the human-gas onto the hive ship, what was stopping them just beaming the wraith straight out, which would have allowed them to evac to the hive ship straight away instead of spending hours gasping in corridors?
                            The beams don't work that way. Think of it two point travel. The beams take you from Point A to Point B. One of those points has to be the Daedalus
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Ok, I can see the logic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                The beams don't work that way. Think of it two point travel. The beams take you from Point A to Point B. One of those points has to be the Daedalus
                                Hmmm, I know it might be a different sort of beaming technology (seeing as the Prometheus never had fully integrated Asguard tech), but what about when the Prometheus beamed the building into space in "Ex Deus Machina" (9x07)? The beam location neither started or ended inside the Prometheus.

Comment

Working...
                                X