No announcement yet.

No Man's Land (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did we at least get the schematics of the orion before sending it into battle? I'd think they could be useful to build better ships on earth.

Comment

Good ep. Love the way the drones dodged the darts and hit the hive, fabulous!!
      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Things that made me grin:

1. McKay's DOS comment. Reminded me of a Uni lecturer telling me that anyone I did Computing A Levels with who said they could understand DOS must be lying

2. The "I should listen more to those guys" moment.

3. Weir's annoyance at the IOA and Landry later bigging her up(don't know Landry too well as I don't do SG1 much nowadays but it was good to see)

4. Does anyone have a gameplan for Michael? If no one does then I wouldn' blame them but...

Overall, solid ep though I wouldn't consider it a classic!
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I think it was good considering how disappointing Allies was, but, yep, not a classic episode!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
            I think it was good considering how disappointing Allies was, but, yep, not a classic episode!
            really ? i really liked this episode its been a while since i have seen an atlantis episode and that episode was great i was like when orion blew up but the scenes with mckay and ronan made up for it like the fighting scenes where drones dodge darts

Comment

Originally posted by FORDs Follower View Post
              really ? i really liked this episode its been a while since i have seen an atlantis episode and that episode was great i was like when orion blew up but the scenes with mckay and ronan made up for it like the fighting scenes where drones dodge darts
              I liked NML very much. It was a good, solid episode and a few bits were outstanding. However, personally, I don't think it's one of the best episodes of SGA I've seen, (ie, The Storm/Eye, Siege III, Common Ground etc), hence, not a classic.
              sigpic

Comment

Was it me, or was the ship type battle CG stepped up for this episode - for some reason, the battles seemed much more real than they have in the past, and the direction made it seem more like you were in your own 302 watching it all. Perhaps.

I dunno - it just seemed better and more absorbing than normal.

Also good to see a more realistic type battle - one in which our relatively amateur type ship design does get the relatively large bum-kicking it should get ALL the time.
                I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
                  Was it me, or was the ship type battle CG stepped up for this episode - for some reason, the battles seemed much more real than they have in the past, and the direction made it seem more like you were in your own 302 watching it all. Perhaps.

I dunno - it just seemed better and more absorbing than normal.

Also good to see a more realistic type battle - one in which our relatively amateur type ship design does get the relatively large bum-kicking it should get ALL the time.
                  I agree. The battles in space were very realistic looking, IMO. I agree, the Deddy, bless her, getting her backside kicked was good too. The Orion did look a little...worse for wear to start with, so its being destroyed was a good choice and a realistic one too, IMO. We do seem to have a bad habit of losing ships in Stargate though! Must cost a fortune...
                  sigpic

Comment

*hehe* I must say that is a nice season opener! it wasn't all about saving people and such, it had four diffrent places (Atlantis, Deadalus/Orion, Wraith Hive, Earth) and it was a beliveable scenario.

I loved Lorne as "Captain"! that was so cool! btw. I really hate that the sec ship had to go down I think they should have promote Lorne and give him teh command of teh ship (I doubt they would make him Shep's boss^^). And yes I really wait for Lorne's promotion, I mean he is Major for years now and he does a great job so hello? give him his lt. Colonel! it's over due!

Ok back to leadership, Weir was.. OMG for the first time I belived her be a leader. well done! we see that she has grown over teh last years and Torri was great, really great (*hihi* teh two-leader scene with landry. like old friends )

just I don't udnerstand why the heck Teyla is getting teh command when weir is gone. hello? I mean Teyla?! *pff* nobody wolud give Teal'c the command of the SGC even though he knwos how to lead people. it's just..wrong. what about our nice canadian tec guy? or.well actually we need a new Grodin! *sniff* I still miss him. I mean Landry has Walter so Weir needs someone too.
                    And if they son't find anything to do with Teyla then let her do a nobel sacrafice *roleeyes*

I love Michael here. I mean.. uuh Michael. it's actually a shame to put that much make up on Connor Trinneer's face but I love him acting. So great! yeah it was a bit obvious that he'll help "our" guys (and shep is so ungreatful *nono*) but it's actually well done. Onyl that I waited for a scnene were he says what he wants to do. does he want to return to the wraith, does he wanne stay with "us" or what is it's gonna be? I think if he'd stay on atlantis (or an outpost) that'd be intersting.

oh and the battle with the two wraith hives the Deadalus/Orion was really cool. ok actually the Orion was so OMG, the drones that flew off. But a question: does (4?) drones fly trhough teh hive and then turn around to explode on the hull? looked great but why did they go through and didn't explode?

And does David Nykle have a newt haircut? he looks a bit diffrent.
                    Don't Voyagernize Atlantis!
                    Which actors do you wanne see? Gatedoku Kavan Smith Secondary Atlantis Ladies Torri Connor Trineer Claudia Black McShep
                    If You Wanne Live, Don't Go To Atlantis, People Die There Like Flies!
                    "There are rules. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't open an airlock when someone's inside. Don't lie about your genetic status." - Jack in Statistical Probabilities

Comment

Another thing: I'm surprised that Teyla isn't feeling slightly overawed when Weir hands control of Atlantis to her. I mean this is "the City of the Ancestors" pretty much holy ground for the Athosians.
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

oh yeah another good point.
                        I just give up trying to like Teyla or make sense out of what she does/doesn't. There is much that is - honestly - just crap.
                        Don't Voyagernize Atlantis!
                        Which actors do you wanne see? Gatedoku Kavan Smith Secondary Atlantis Ladies Torri Connor Trineer Claudia Black McShep
                        If You Wanne Live, Don't Go To Atlantis, People Die There Like Flies!
                        "There are rules. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't open an airlock when someone's inside. Don't lie about your genetic status." - Jack in Statistical Probabilities

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                          I liked NML very much. It was a good, solid episode and a few bits were outstanding. However, personally, I don't think it's one of the best episodes of SGA I've seen, (ie, The Storm/Eye, Siege III, Common Ground etc), hence, not a classic.
                          yes not a classic but still a very good episode which i think will be one of my favourites this season

Comment

Originally posted by Orovingwen View Post
                            And does David Nykle have a newt haircut? he looks a bit diffrent.
                            No, he has a gecko haircut. With a little hint of salamander in the perm area.
                            sigpic
                            http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

o.k. This episode was nice , to put it bluntly. The question the puzzled me since Alies is " Are the wraith stupid enought to try and take on Earth with only 2 ships?" You don't go attacking a world you know nothing about with so little numbers.
                              The Orion , the one that was in very bed shape in Alies , manages to take an entire hive ship on it's own.
                              The wraith , transformed into humans , the ones that have no memory and so on, keep very polite and very helpfull. They don't even ask who are they and what are they doing there.
                              I really felt sorry for Weir , condidering all that she had to put out with.
                              Michael did a very good job and I liked the conversations between him and Shep.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                                Another thing: I'm surprised that Teyla isn't feeling slightly overawed when Weir hands control of Atlantis to her. I mean this is "the City of the Ancestors" pretty much holy ground for the Athosians.
                                She already had control of Atlantis earlier in 'Intruders' when the gang took a holiday over on Earth, so I guess she's over the awe. What I don't understand is how an alien out of the chain of command takes over an Earth expedition. And what we see of Weir's job is mostly reading reports, endless reports, it's all REPORTS- can Teyla even read English? How could she just pick up what Weir does like that? It's rubbish. I know she's a major character, but it's not realistic that she would take over the city. That's just lazy writing, yet again.

I like Woolsey now, he is rather sweet and I can’t help but see the Doctor I know and love from Voyager, so my dislike has cooled. Poor him, having to deal with Weir in a snarky mood. I was cackling at her whole diatribe about ‘If the Wraith make it to Earth, keeping my job is the least of my concerns…if the plan works, I expect to keep my job. Because I have done what they seem incapable of- making a decision.’ HA. And as she strides away, ‘Oh, but give them my best.’ HEE.

It really is a dark ep for her. Not only does she believe Team Sheppard is dead, but she basically ordered two ships off on a suicide mission. Usually, Sheppard’s running off on those and she really really hates the idea; now she’s gone to the opposite side of the spectrum and actually forced Caldwell to go on the mission. It’s the first name thing, ‘We can’t allow the Wraith to reach Earth, Steven’- and he capitulated instantly.

I'm just curious- since when does Lorne command the Orion? I thought he was basically the second highest ranking Earth military officer on Atlantis and his duties were to the city. Like in Condemned and another ep or two, he was the familiar face that took care of the military aspects when Sheppard was in need of rescuing. I didn't realize he was expendable from the city, that he could waltz off and take over a ship.

I kind of feel sorry for Michael. He’s like the puppet that wants to be a boy. Except I don’t know whether he wants to be Wraith or human. He hates humans, feeds on them- but the Wraith reject him. All this trouble just because he was unfortunate enough to be captured and exploited as Carson’s very own Frankenstein. Damn those humans. Wha- huh? Wait, I was so sympathetic, I forgot which side I was on…whoops…my sympathies are stirred very easily, and that sort of injustice where something was done to him and ruined his life just gnaws at my mushy side. He’s so hurt that the Queen didn’t tell him of their master plan- he was the one who made the double cross viable so they could gain information, so you think she’d praise him; instead she makes veiled threats that he’s only around because he’s useful, for the time being. *hisses*

But I really like that the Wraith are becoming more multi-dimensional, this ep and Common Ground go a long way to making them more intricate and realistic. I hated the cliches in Star Trek where one person was representative of their entire species and there was little variance between Vulcans/Klingons/etc, unless they were a main character. That the Wraith are being differentiated is a great improvement.
                                'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                                will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                                It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                                Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Working...
                                X