No Man's Land (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    I think Beckett should have been in charge of Atlantis while Elizabeth was gone. He could defer to Teyla and thus show his confidence and trust in her while Teyla gets to show off some of these so-called leadership skills she supposedly has. *sigh*
    I love Beckett, but the thought of him in charge scares the crap out of me. After seeing him in The Storm/The Eye I don't think he is cut-out to be the decision maker in stressful situations. Even if he were to defer to Teyla, I think he would still take too much time to make a call because he would be fretting over all the choices, none of which he would want to make.

Comment

I have to say, I enjoyed this episode far better than SG-1 F&B. It was fast paced, the loss of the Orion. Loved to DOS line from McKay.

Comment

Would someone be willing to explain the DOS joke? It made no sense to me.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
          You're not the only one.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
            He's making fun of DOS. DOS is an operating system, partially stolen (actually, given) to Microsoft. Windows 1.0 was considered a GUI for DOS, and down the line. You probably know at least somewhat of what DOS is.

There are some flaws with DOS. Mckay's probably a pro-Linux guy. And almost everybody that's used Linux, likes it, including me.

This is probably what Mckay is referring to.

Originally posted by Wikipedia
            MS-DOS 4.0, released in July 1988, supported disks up to 2GB (note that typical disk sizes were typically 40-60Mb in 1988), and added a full-screen shell called DOSSHELL. Similar or better shells, like Norton Commander and PCShell, already existed in the market. This release had been considered very buggy. On November 1988, Microsoft addressed many bugs in a service release, MS-DOS 4.01.
            MS-DOS 5.0, released in April 1991, included the full-screen BASIC interpreter QBasic, which also provided a full-screen text editor (previously, MS-DOS had only line-based text editor), disk cache utility, undelete capabilities, and other improvements. It had severe problems with some disk utilities, fixed later in that year. The fixed version had been called MS-DOS 5.01.
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
              He's making fun of DOS. DOS is an operating system, partially stolen (actually, given) to Microsoft. Windows 1.0 was considered a GUI for DOS, and down the line. You probably know at least somewhat of what DOS is.

There are some flaws with DOS. Mckay's probably a pro-Linux guy. And almost everybody that's used Linux, likes it, including me.
              Do you mind dumming it down a bit? I forgot what the joke was so if you could remind me that would be great. And what is GUI?

Best Stargate quote:
              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
              Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                Do you mind dumming it down a bit? I forgot what the joke was so if you could remind me that would be great. And what is GUI?
                GUI:Graphical User Interface.

It's basically the the interface all Windows, Mac, and Linux users use.

Comment

GUI:Graphical User Interface.

It's basically the the interface all Windows, Mac, and Linux users use.
                  Oh, thanks. And what was the joke rodney made?

Best Stargate quote:
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

GUI = graphics user interface

I loved this episode from start to finish. The Elizabeth parts were slower but I think completely necessary, and you can't and shouldn't have 42 minutes worth of blowing stuff up. The second half was fast paced and intense, the obstacles kept changing, keeping it interesting.

The character moments to me were spot on, for all of them, it was very strong episode to kick off season 3. The writing in this was much more solid than what we saw in too many episodes in season 2.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                      Oh, thanks. And what was the joke rodney made?
                      The joke Rodney made was,

Originally posted by Rodney
                      There's nothing to overload, the ships taken so much damage. It's like working with DOS. Trust me, that was hilarious.

Comment

The joke Rodney made was,
                        Thanks, now I get it. Thats' pretty funny.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

I didn't read the ENTIRE thread, but everybody KNOWS now that the Orion was destroyed, right?
                          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR
                            I didn't read the ENTIRE thread, but everybody KNOWS now that the Orion was destroyed, right?
                            Yes, even the people that don't read spoilers and haven't seen it know the Orion has been destroyed (or most by now).

Comment

Boring episode. The wraith are just a boring enemy and SG:A really needs to kick their asses and move on. McKay was over-the-top with his whining this episode, felt so contrived. The whole Weir going to Earth part was dumb and something they could've skipped entirely, I wanted to fastforward through it but I couldn't. Weir sucks. Why did they have to blow up Orion? Too many plot holes too, they need to use the asgard beaming technology more. To be continued, YAWN. The SG-1 opener was much better and it wasn't that good.
                              We're whalers on the moon,
                              We carry a harpoon.
                              But there ain't no whales
                              So we tell tall tales
                              And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Oka
                                Boring episode. The wraith are just a boring enemy and SG:A really needs to kick their asses and move on. McKay was over-the-top with his whining this episode, felt so contrived. The whole Weir going to Earth part was dumb and something they could've skipped entirely, I wanted to fastforward through it but I couldn't. Weir sucks. Why did they have to blow up Orion? Too many plot holes too, they need to use the asgard beaming technology more. To be continued, YAWN. The SG-1 opener was much better and it wasn't that good.

See, you say that you don't like that in a character, but on the other hand, how well would you have handled a situation? I'd start begging for my life. I'd join the Wraith worshippers or something, but I'd definitely be freaking out. Mckay just panicked, like almost 98% of the world's population would.

Comment

Working...
                                X