No Man's Land (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Do you think they're gonna try that "You were all captured by the Wraith but we freed you, sorry about the memory loss" bullcrap on the ship full of converted Wraith? Or do you think they'll tell them the truth? If they lie, I hope they come up with something a bit more convincing than the story they fed Michael. "Even though you can't remember a single thing about your life as a human or even any of the trappings of humanity, trust us, you're totally human and not at all Wraiths. Really."
    I'm not sure, hopefully this will be addressed next ep.

Bigger problem though - I was under the impression that the retroviral therapy was temporary. Michael required numerous treatments on Atlantis to keep him "human" - the wraith on the hive ship only got one dose. Are they going to change back once the retrovirus wears off? Surely the Atlantis team isn't going to foolishly let their guard down this time?

Comment

Originally posted by starfox
      Elizabeth is also quite respectful to him, with all the 'sir' usage. Makes me wonder if Liz is a military brat.
      I wouldn't assume too much there. I'm a canadian software engineer with no military background whatsoever and I got to work for several months on a US army base in california years ago. Every time I interacted with a high-ranking US officer, the "sir" came out naturally. I mean, what else are you going to call them? The first name isn't an option and "Mr Landry" is obviously wrong in that context...

Comment

I LOVE Elizabeth. LOVE. I like the fact that she didn't let the IOC use her as a scapegoat, especially in light of the fact that they knew and approved of everything that was going on. I also like that she admitted, even if only to herself and Laundry, that she ****ed up. 'Cause she did, and if she wants to move on from that she has to acknowledge her mistakes. Also, her line "I did what they seem to be incapable of doing, I made a decision." really makes me understand her a lot more. Because one of my major gripes was that she was indecisive and lets John influence her too much and I've realized that its because of the world she comes from. She's used to talking and talking, instead of taking action. So I love that good or bad, she made a decision and she's standing by it and accepting responsibilty for her actions.

God bless Rachel Luttrell. Because the writers are seriously ignoring Teyla, but she makes every line, every scene count and I love her for it. Also, leaving Teyla in charge makes a huge amount of sense. Not only does she know how Atlantis is run and she is more than capable, but also she's not under anyones jurisdiction or anything, which means she can ignore orders. In light or Elizabeth being recalled to have her leadership examined that's a very good thin. Also, it makes me yearn for Atlantis as a colony. Additiionally, Teyla called Weir Elizabeth. TWICE! I really like this new direction the writers have taken to make Teyla trusted and apparently to have Teyla and Elizabeth bond. Finally!

Ronon and Rodney were hilarius and personally, I would rather burn than have the wraith feed on me. It is quite sad that I've never watched Star Wars and don't want to, and yet, because of my friends constantly talkig bout it, I knew Shep stole it from Han Solo. John really wants to be Han solo.

Michael. I love Michael and Connor Trineer. I really liked how the other wraith didn't want anything to do with him because he'd been turned into a human. Also, even tho he helped out John, I don't think hes on "our" side, and I really love that and would like to see the writers play with that. Also, yes I do ship Michael/Teyla. So I'm glad that Michael got dewraithified at the end.

Comment

I liked it. And more suprisingly I liked it even more than Siege 3 which is good sign for me. I haven´t seen SG1 yet because I wanted to see SGA first.
          I loved it, especially Lorne and Zelenka

And Rodney´s monologue in the cocoon. I know someone thinks it might be little irritating but I think it´s typical McKay´s way how to exept bad things. I am doing the same in crisis-I am talking too much
          There were so many nice little things: Teyla calling Weir Elizabeth, Elizabeth calling Caldwell Steve, Lorne calling McKay Rodney...should I continue?
          But I have to admit, I didn´t like Elizabeth too much in this one. She really DID mistake, and not only one. Sure, they chose very bad timing but she should had been sorry at least.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka
            And Rodney´s monologue in the cocoon. I know somone thinks it might be little irritating but I think it´s typical McKay´s way how to exept bad things. I am doing the same in crisis-I am talking too much
            I love McKay, but oddly enough, I really didn't like his scenes in this episode. Some of his rambling was rather funny when they were cocooned, but for the most part, I was rather bored with the scenes that had Ronon trying to break free and him and McKay wondering about the ship.

All the action seem to be outside of them this time around. Shep working with Michael to take out some hive ships, the Daedalus and the Orion trying desparately to make it to the coordinates in time and the ensuing battle, and even Weir going back to Earth and defending her stance. Then there was Ronon and McKay walking in circles on the hive ship until Shep and Michael found them.

Did I miss something, or was Beckett absent from this episode?

Comment

I really did like this episode it was no surprise that the orion was gonna go bye-bye it was to good to be true to have an ancient warship im sure we'll find another one as for the hiveship we have that wont last long either im sure that will be gone in the next episode they can use the hive to tow the deadlus back to atlantis and repair it from there

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm

Did I miss something, or was Beckett absent from this episode?
                Huh. You know...I think you're right. Weird.

As for all the whining about McKay's whining...respectfully people..get over it. That's how that character reacts in those situations. Its how McKay has always reacted...nothing new here. Yes, I would like to see him grow a little, but for there to be suddenly no whining...that would be a major deviation from character, and the writers would be getting slammed for that.

And honestly, the guy was stuck in a cocoon, waiting for his planet to be taken over, wondering if he himself is on the lunch menu, and knowing that a lot of this is his fault. Oh, did I mention that for the most part, there wasn't a dang thing he could do to rectify the situation? I'd whine to, if only to keep complete and utter panic at bay.

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
                ---------------------------------------------
                ---------------------------------------------
                Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Comment

Fly by post:

I agree with anyone who liked the Elizabeth-Teyla spotlight in this ep. It was a high point here because while Elizabeth is the female in charge of Atlantis and is being called on the carpet by yahoos supposed to be on her side, Teyla is the female at the 'Gate in Liz's place. Way cool! Their rapport was evident, the two actresses played their brief scene for all its worth.

Just sayin', more of them!

Maybe it will rub off on SG1 with Sam and Vala, hmm?
                  MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                  sigpic
                  Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker
                    As for all the whining about McKay's whining...respectfully people..get over it.
                    Hear, hear. And if you pay attention, McKay's voice is breaking as he chatters while cocooned. He's mortally terrified and talking to keep himself from panicking, not whining, per se. I think the character has had a nice progression. He's trying to deal with the idea that he's responsible for the eventual destruction of Earth, and has a perfectly McKayesque bout of self-absorbed horror. But once given hope, he steps up to bat. He takes charge on the Daedalus, keeps everyone from suffocating to death, and doesn't hesitate for an instant to raise his P-90 and fire on the Queen.

I thought he was pretty kick-ass, really.

Comment

Someone was complaining that the Wraith aren't a credible enemy because the Ori are so powerful.

You've got to realize that the two shows are set in different areas of the universe - each has its own threat. Honestly, had the Ori attacked the Ancients instead of the Wraith, they would have been in even bigger doodoo. But just because the Ori are so overwhelmingly powerful doesn't make the Wraith a bunch of wussies, its more akin to us fighting the Goa'uld as opposed to Ascended Beings. Except the Wraith are nastier then the Goa'uld

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire

-While I appreciated the cafeteria scene showing that Shep, Zelenka, and McKay do spend offtime together, I thought Shep's actions were unnecessary. Not the end of the world, just that it detracted IMO.

Huh? What actions were unnecessary? He was looking at a hot woman and not paying attention. I'd probably be doing the exact same thing.
                      Last edited by Lord Shiva; 15 July 2006, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I love McKay's character. As for his whining, it does occasionally grate on my nerves. Overall though I like the character, but I can see why some don't.

Those who are fed up with his whining are no more wrong for being fed up with it than those who love the whining are right for loving it. It's just individual preference and each has the right to voice their love or hate, and defend their position without being told to get over it, or to just accept it. To do either basically ends the conversation and discussion.

Comment

btw, does anyone else want to see Michael become a perminent member of Stargate: Atlantis, maybe even become the first Wraith "good guy" so to speak? I think I'd like it, it would be different, and not the typical "All bad guys are bad guys/all good guys are good guys" thing that's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                            btw, does anyone else want to see Michael become a perminent member of Stargate: Atlantis, maybe even become the first Wraith "good guy" so to speak? I think I'd like it, it would be different, and not the typical "All bad guys are bad guys/all good guys are good guys" thing that's going on.
                            I thought of Michael becoming Atlantis' Teal'c,the former baddie now irrevocably on the other side of the battle.

Just sayin', that would leave a bad taste in Ronon's mouth, to say the least!
                            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                            sigpic
                            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Beckett is the most invisible main character, ever. In fact, maybe he IS invisible! He's out of phase... Yeah, that must be it.

Nothing quite like having a main character who gets even less screen-time and dialogue than secondary and tertiary characters.

I think Beckett should have been in charge of Atlantis while Elizabeth was gone. He could defer to Teyla and thus show his confidence and trust in her while Teyla gets to show off some of these so-called leadership skills she supposedly has. *sigh*

I liked the ep, I liked the ep, Lorne was wonderful, I liked the ep... *wanders off, muttering under her breath*

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker
                                Huh. You know...I think you're right. Weird.

As for all the whining about McKay's whining...respectfully people..get over it. That's how that character reacts in those situations. Its how McKay has always reacted...nothing new here. Yes, I would like to see him grow a little, but for there to be suddenly no whining...that would be a major deviation from character, and the writers would be getting slammed for that.

And honestly, the guy was stuck in a cocoon, waiting for his planet to be taken over, wondering if he himself is on the lunch menu, and knowing that a lot of this is his fault. Oh, did I mention that for the most part, there wasn't a dang thing he could do to rectify the situation? I'd whine to, if only to keep complete and utter panic at bay.

I don't want to GET OVER his whining, nor do I have too. And it's a sad statement if his not whining OTT was a major deviation from his character.

Comment

Working...
                                X