Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing 10's of Thousands. I just can't see the Ancients giving up any other way.

And they even said that they won most of the battles but the Wraith just kept coming out of the woodworks. Which suggests they made tons of them to fight the Ancients... then the Ancients left... and the other Hives got sucked into the supermassive black ho... whoops... i mean supermassive plot hole.
    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

as the ships are organic, or at least partly organic, maybe the ships were grown rather than built, would explain how they managed to create so many ships during the war.

they could have just kept growing them, giving them an almost endless supply of ships

Comment

Originally posted by Cycrow
        as the ships are organic, or at least partly organic, maybe the ships were grown rather than built, would explain how they managed to create so many ships during the war.

they could have just kept growing them, giving them an almost endless supply of ships
        True but you would think the Ancients would have noticed before their numbers got too large.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR
          I think the Ancient ships are that powerful because throughout seasons 1 through 9 the Ancients have been portrayed as an incredibly advanced race FAR beyond anything else in the Galaxy. And the Orion and Aurora WERE built for war, thats why their called Ancient Warships.

And Atlantis had a ZPM that was NOT fully charged to begin with, and with 8 Hive ships going all out Rodney said it would take Days. The ZPM will be depleted in Days. Direct quote. Now I'm assuming that if you put an Ancient ship crew into a fully powered Ancient warship, which is probably using a ZPM to power itself(hence fully powered), and give them even an hour(which means you multiply the Hives attacking them by 10 or so), there going to waste the Hive ships before they can destroy the Ancient ship.
          Also remember that the difference in size of the Altanis and the Aurora ship is tremendous. The amount of energy needed to protect Atlantis is so much more than it would take to shield a ship so theoretically the ZPM power supply should last longer on the ship then the city/ship of Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Cycrow
            we've been given alot of evedence that the ancients are powerful.
            we've seen that they have a weapo capable of destroying a wraith hive ship in one shot. and we were told that if it was fully working, it would take out all 3 without a problem.

we've also seen that they are pretty good at making shields, theres no reason to assume the shields on the warships will be no where nr as power as atantlis, especially considering the size difference, Atlantis is much bigger than a warship so would require a bigger shields and more power to run it. A warship could run the same strenght shield using less power.

its also been menthioned that the ancients actaully won most battles with the wraith, they only lost because no matter how many ships they destroyed or how many battles they won, the wraith kept coming, so they give up and traveled back to earth
            You're right. They did say that though they could win virtually every battle the war continued. I think the Wraith were focused solely on destroying the ancients while the ancients were only trying to protect themselves.

Comment

No Id imagine when it gets to the point that they consider abandoning a galaxy that they'd be fighting back. It said the Ancients won nearly EVERY BATTLE THEY FOUGHT but saw no way to win the war because the Wraith just kept coming.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
              Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
              the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
              Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
              The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by verbalkint
                Also remember that the difference in size of the Altanis and the Aurora ship is tremendous. The amount of energy needed to protect Atlantis is so much more than it would take to shield a ship so theoretically the ZPM power supply should last longer on the ship then the city/ship of Atlantis.
                What would you suggest they use the ZPM for on the Orion? It surely does have it's own powersource. You would want it to be something that doesn't drain a lot of power (that way it lasts a really long time). The power you would be using to power those systems (being powered by the ZPM) could be diverted to the shields.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

I'm sure the Orion could use a ZPM, even the Daedalus was able to be fitted with one. Obviously it isn't completely dependent on one, but it would probably greatly increase its power.
                  www.theamericanright.com

Comment

it would make sense for ancient ships to use ZPM's to power it, as it seems its a pretty standard power source for ancient tech.

but even if they dont use ZPM's doesn't mean they dont have another power source that can give the same power, or more than a ZPM.

Comment

In the episode "Aurora", isn't it stated that Aurora is a "science ship that was on its way back to atlantis when its hyperdrive failed"? Then in a later episode they say that the Orion is an "Aurora class warship". I wish they would keep their terminology straight.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65
                        In the episode "Aurora", isn't it stated that Aurora is a "science ship that was on its way back to atlantis when its hyperdrive failed"? Then in a later episode they say that the Orion is an "Aurora class warship". I wish they would keep their terminology straight.
                        Originally posted by Aurora Transcripts
                        SHEPPARD (over radio): The Aurora was on a recon mission. The Captain was carrying a communiqué back to Atlantis. In it is vital information about a weakness in Wraith technology.

CALDWELL: What kind of weakness?

SHEPPARD: Well, that's why I have to go back -- he didn't tell me. He's trying to modify the hyperdrives in order to get back to Atlantis faster to deliver it.
                        No mention what so ever of it being a science ship.

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Comment

Harekin, I just rewatched the ep and you are correct. I'm not sure why I thought "science mission" instead of "recon mission".

Comment

there's no evidence what so ever to suggest that ancient warships were powered by Z.P.Ms...i'm sure they could use them but i doubt it was standard other wise every time one of their warships was destroyed it would take the solar system with it....
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

No it wouldnt, where'd you get that from?

Comment

Yea Buba what is you smoking son?

I think your thinking of the episode from SG1 where camulus rigged the ZPM to blow. They dont all do that.
                                www.theamericanright.com

Comment

Working...
                                X