No announcement yet.

The Lost Boys (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if Weir will give Sheppard another hug when he returns to Atlantis. If she does, let's hope she also hugs Teyla and Ronan. And ESPECIALLY McKay. She needs to be an equal opportunity hugger.

Comment

I'm betting that McKay and Teyla would respond better to hugging than Shep and Ronan. The last time Shep just looked freaked out by it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
        What are Ford hatas?
        Ford Haters. Except "Hatas" is apparently the cool way to say it... and only the cool kids can understand WTF they're trying to say. Took me a few minutes of deciphering, too.
        LOL, though I don't normally type in slang, text speak, or "leet" speak, this is the way Rainbow says "haters" so I figured I'd adopt it. Sue me.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I dunno. Sending out every spare team Atlantis has to search fifty planets seems a bit excessive to me. Plus having to use the puddle jumpers and/or probes to determine whether or not an address leads to a space gate, that takes up even more time and resources.

I'm sure Hammond has probably done the same for SG-1, but the SGC is bigger, has better resources, and doesn't have to worry about keeping their existence hidden from the enemy.

*shrug* I'm sure it'll all work out for the best, I just happen to think it's a little... much. And as I said before, I'd feel a lot more comfortable with Weir going to extremes over AR-1 if I could also see her going to extremes over lesser teams/people.

Coup D'etat
          Spoiler:
          I know that Lorne's team is going to get captured by the Genii. I'll be VERY curious to see if Weir is willing to expend all the resources available to her in order to bring them back alive.

I want more proof that this isn't just a Sheppard/AR-1 thing and that her commitment to her people extends to EVERYONE and not just the main characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
            LOL, though I don't normally type in slang, text speak, or "leet" speak, this is the way Rainbow says "haters" so I figured I'd adopt it. Sue me.
            Perhaps so but sadly it doesn't translate into spelling.

Comment

Yes, but Rainbow's a strange boy. Gotta be careful around him, ya know. Might pick up some bad habits.

Comment

I dunno. Sending out every spare team Atlantis has to search fifty planets seems a bit excessive to me. Plus having to use the puddle jumpers and/or probes to determine whether or not an address leads to a space gate, that takes up even more time and resources.

I'm sure Hammond has probably done the same for SG-1, but the SGC is bigger, has better resources, and doesn't have to worry about keeping their existence hidden from the enemy.

*shrug* I'm sure it'll all work out for the best, I just happen to think it's a little... much. And as I said before, I'd feel a lot more comfortable with Weir going to extremes over AR-1 if I could also see her going to extremes over lesser teams/people.

Coup D'etat
                Spoiler:
                I know that Lorne's team is going to get captured by the Genii. I'll be VERY curious to see if Weir is willing to expend all the resources available to her in order to bring them back alive.

I want more proof that this isn't just a Sheppard/AR-1 thing and that her commitment to her people extends to EVERYONE and not just the main characters.
                This less Weir's fault and more the writers. Just because we don't see it, it doesn't mean it isn't happening. I think that if there were no clues she wouldn't have sent anyone. In Rising she only let Sheppard go after he showed he could fly a PJ and even then she was reluctant.

I'll be perfectly happy to condemn her for her Shep's team preference if she doesn't show an interest in the events of your spoiler.

Comment

This was a good episode, in my opinion. Not so "fun", but interesting. The dark turn Ford has great potential for an ongoing arc -- but it kinda requires the guy surviving the next episode. I can only hope, as a big multiseasonal "collapse and redemption" arc would be incredible. I don't expect [nor want] the old Ford back, anyway, as he could be very interesting as a character if/after he "turns back".

But if Teal'c, First Prime of Apophis and killer of gosh knows how many innocents during that job and all the ones below it, can turn and redeem himself, then certainly Ford can as well...o.o
                  Old McNeill had a base, SG SG-1. And on that base he had a Ba'al, SG SG-1. With a Ba'al, Ba'al here and a Ba'al, Ba'al there, here a Ba'al there a Ba'al, everywhere a Ba'al Ba'al. Old McNeill had a base, SG SG-1!
                  [Don't ask. Please.]

Comment

Refresh my memory: do they know FOR A FACT that Shep's team is nowhere on the initial planet's surface? I mean, I know Lorne reported in and said there was no sign of them, but did he and his team search the entire planet? That's a lot of ground to cover for one small group. Even if it's a tiny world. Or was there some other evidence that led them to believe that AR-1 had, in fact, been hijacked offworld?

Stripping addresses off a DHD isn't exactly proof of wrongdoing, especially if there's no way to tell when the imprint was made.

For all they know, some of those addys could have been entered hundreds of years ago.

I'm sure we'll find out more about that in the conclusion, I just can't remember why everyone was convinced they weren't on that one planet.

Something tells me that Shep will be the one showing concern in Coup, rather than Weir, but I guess we'll see about that, too.

Comment

Refresh my memory: do they know FOR A FACT that Shep's team is nowhere on the initial planet's surface? I mean, I know Lorne reported in and said there was no sign of them, but did he and his team search the entire planet? That's a lot of ground to cover for one small group. Even if it's a tiny world. Or was there some other evidence that led them to believe that AR-1 had, in fact, been hijacked offworld?
                      This is a stargate world. Everything happens within a few miles of the gate. I thought that was a Stargate truism.

Stripping addresses off a DHD isn't exactly proof of wrongdoing, especially if there's no way to tell when the imprint was made.
                      I didn't think they really stored them at all.

For all they know, some of those addys could have been entered hundreds of years ago.
                      Like an internet histroy

I'm sure we'll find out more about that in the conclusion, I just can't remember why everyone was convinced they weren't on that one planet.
                      Wouldn't it be amusing if they were.

Something tells me that Shep will be the one showing concern in Coup, rather than Weir, but I guess we'll see about that, too.
                      She'll be sobbing in her room, we just won't see it on screen.

Comment

Roman/Greek Statues, Egyptian looking stuff.... well.....

You didn't notice how some of the Pegasus Galaxy humans look and dress like:

Quakers & Pilgrims (Genii disguise), WW2 era (Genii), late-18th century (anti-Wraith feeding drug), Pacific Islanders (Chaya's people), medieval dressed (Athosians), and etc. ???
                        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                          Roman/Greek Statues, Egyptian looking stuff.... well.....

You didn't notice how some of the Pegasus Galaxy humans look and dress like:

Quakers & Pilgrims (Genii disguise), WW2 era (Genii), late-18th century (anti-Wraith feeding drug), Pacific Islanders (Chaya's people), medieval dressed (Athosians), and etc. ???
                          I'm thinking more, Genii disguise as Puritans and normal clothing as Cold War.

Comment

Originally posted by Universal Nexus
                            But if Teal'c, First Prime of Apophis and killer of gosh knows how many innocents during that job and all the ones below it, can turn and redeem himself, then certainly Ford can as well...o.o
                            I agree with the redemption part, but other than that your analogy doesn't fit. Ford hasn't killed (or really even harmed) anyone other than Wraith, so comparing him to a First Prime is a bit of a stretch.

Comment

I agree about the redemption part, but other than that your analogy doesn't fit. Ford hasn't killed (or really even harmed) anyone other than Wraith, so comparing him to a First Prime is a bit of a stretch.
                              You don't think that turning people into drug addicts is harming them? I don't think it's much of a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                                You don't think that turning people into drug addicts is harming them? I don't think it's much of a stretch.
                                Really? You equate drugging three people with the slaughter of thousands of innocents?

Since you didn't read clearly (or only read what you wanted to read) I said the analogy was a stretch.

Comment

Working...
                                X