Aurora (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dorka
    Hm..., this is my least favourite episode this season!

We could have learned so much about the ancients, but after this eps, I really can't imagine them to be the great builders of the Stargate. They were really too weak!
    That's because we tend to pack all of the knowledge of everyone in a species into one person. I am human, from Earth. My planet uses air travel extensively, but don't ask me how to build a heavier-than-air flying craft. Don't ask me what any of the gauges in the cockpit do, because I haven't a clue.

So, too, with the crew of the Aurora; it is quite likely that not one of them personally know how to build a Stargate, but there were enough techies on board to adapt one sort of hyperdrive to do the work of another sort. That is purty derned smart, there, IMO.
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
      except for me any show that mentions ancients and ship mean it should be nothing, nothing short of the best episode in the season, ships for me make stargate and doing the greatest race's ships in that manner is pathetic, if they do ancinets or orii warships in such a manner i will never watch the show again believe me.
      You need to understand immhotep that not all of us fans watch Stargate for the ships, some of us watch it for science, tecnology, Ancients, etc.
      And besides, that ship wouldnt have given us much headway to defeating the Wraith considering it was slow and had old hyperdrives.

sigpic
      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Let me tell you, that as a person who is a relatively new fan to Stargate (been an Atlantis fan since its inception and SG1 since around the same time, mid 2004 ish), it's really sad to see so many people get on here and whinge about what is actually a really cool episode.

After I catch up on many SG-1 eps that I haven't seen, I hope I am not as complacent, arrogant and downright selfish towards the show(s) as some of you are. I'm reminded of what Bart says to Comic Book Guy in the "Poochie" episode of the Simpsons (not an exact quote) - "They've given you hours of entertainment for free and all you do is complain?".

Yes I know you've all bought the DVDs so it's not exactly "free", but hell, you're even talking about downloading it (which I thought was not supposed to happen on these forums) and you have the audacity to complain. Let me tell you, despite the $$ you have paid for the DVDs and such, the Stargate producers/writers/actors don't OWE you anything. They are trying to make a show and I think they are doing a great job.

Anyway, after all that - I really thought it was a good episode. I acknowledge the fact mentioned above that there may be some continuity errors, but damn, it's probably very hard to write TV scripts for a living and remember every exact detail. The interior of the Aurora looked really cool, very similar to the feel of Atlantis. I wonder if they're trying to subtly tell us something by the use of so much white? or whether that was merely to point out how magnificent their technology was while they were alive in contrast to the dark and derelict state it is in when Sheppard et al find it.

Anyway....enough of that...looking forward to summer finale this week!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary83uk
          I dont see what the big deal is, I dont think anyone was under the impression we were going to get an ancient ship, its not like it would make a difference anyway, if the ancients cant win with their own ships its unlikely that they would turn the tide for us.

The only thing I disliked about the episode is that it was another ep that made me confused as to why the ancients lost the war, till now I liked to think of them as naive and that it was their pacifist attitude that lost them the war rather than their technology. With what we know of the state of affairs in the Pegasus galaxy the ancients should have been able to deal with the wraith with little problem in my opinion. Its inconceivable to me that a race who evolved from seeded life on 1 planet could advance to the stage of taking down the ancients who seeded life in the entire galaxy and continued to live at the peak of their civilisation while the Wraith were still exploring their own planet (or the humans that the wraith bug fed on).

No fair, no fair how you all get to see it why I have to wait till tomorrow, heh heh come on guy ok think about it when in Stargate SG! did SG! get to actually keep a ship that they did not build themselves? heh heh its no biggie im sure there will be another one somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by James_the_Wraith_Sympathiser
            Let me tell you, that as a person who is a relatively new fan to Stargate (been an Atlantis fan since its inception and SG1 since around the same time, mid 2004 ish), it's really sad to see so many people get on here and whinge about what is actually a really cool episode.

After I catch up on many SG-1 eps that I haven't seen, I hope I am not as complacent, arrogant and downright selfish towards the show(s) as some of you are. I'm reminded of what Bart says to Comic Book Guy in the "Poochie" episode of the Simpsons (not an exact quote) - "They've given you hours of entertainment for free and all you do is complain?".

Yes I know you've all bought the DVDs so it's not exactly "free", but hell, you're even talking about downloading it (which I thought was not supposed to happen on these forums) and you have the audacity to complain. Let me tell you, despite the $$ you have paid for the DVDs and such, the Stargate producers/writers/actors don't OWE you anything. They are trying to make a show and I think they are doing a great job.

Anyway, after all that - I really thought it was a good episode. I acknowledge the fact mentioned above that there may be some continuity errors, but damn, it's probably very hard to write TV scripts for a living and remember every exact detail. The interior of the Aurora looked really cool, very similar to the feel of Atlantis. I wonder if they're trying to subtly tell us something by the use of so much white? or whether that was merely to point out how magnificent their technology was while they were alive in contrast to the dark and derelict state it is in when Sheppard et al find it.

Anyway....enough of that...looking forward to summer finale this week!
            Right on I agree, I only have series 4,5,6,7 but I love them all sure there are some episodes I dont care about but I love it all the same. I love every episode of Stargate SG! and atlantis well except letters i didnt care for that but hell, I look foward to every friday to see new episodes, the only thing I am pissed about is that the series ends and the continued heh heh but thats just cause I am impatient. Its a show people if you didnt like it you wouldnt watch it, there will be episoded you hate that others love it happens we all have our tastes I say horray for the writers for making something that I look fwd to seeing every friday.

Comment

Ancients obviously did'nt have a firewall.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                So, 10,000 years ago the Lanteans discovered a fatal flaw in Wraith tech. Are we to believe that same flaw still exists today?
                ... only if they use micro$oft tech
                Last edited by Xoph0x; 22 September 2005, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                  You need to understand immhotep that not all of us fans watch Stargate for the ships, some of us watch it for science, tecnology, Ancients, etc.
                  And besides, that ship wouldnt have given us much headway to defeating the Wraith considering it was slow and had old hyperdrives.
                  this is i watch stargate for the mto beat the enemy, not for the most powerfull race ever to get their buts whooped by a bunch of telepathic space vamps! Daniel is proclaiming that the ancients are the best in SG1 and at the same time mckay is calling them dumb for losing a war they should of never of let begin!
                  TPTB need to set some guideline on the races, that is continuous accross both shows, in SG1 if 12 GMS's came to earth at least one AMS would come to save them. in SGA if 12 WHS come to destroy the most important centre of knowledge in the universe they send one asgard on second hand ship( the daedy is cool but the oniels could basicly wipe the wraith out in a month, in an all out attack)...
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

In a one on one senario an O'Niell/Daniel Jackson Class ship could beat a Wraith Hive ship - but there aren't enough of those ships in existence (According to the TPTB).

The entire Asgard fleet consists of a couple of O'Niells and more less advanced ships - and for the time being the Asgard aren't building anymore. As of New Order they only hold one planet in another galaxy, and even that world came under recent heavy Replicator attack - they simply don't have the resources to destroy the Wraith

BTW the Daedalus was sent to fight the 3 Hive ships the others turned up later
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bbal4163
                      little bit of information gained on anchient tech

"months to return to atlantis"

-the ship was on the outer rim of the pegasis galaxy.

daedalus could get to the pegasis galaxy in 2 weeks without the ZPM. 4 days from earth of atlantis using ZPM.

"intelligence within days" using the most advanced hyperdrives the anchients have. our hyperdrives can pull that off easily.
                      Huh, I thought daedalus can only make the trip with the ZPM (the intergalatic one)

Also, it is asgard's most advance hyperdrive, and they had 10 000 years more to work on it.

Comment

Just finished watching the episode (and I love the new opening btw). This ep is good as it showed the decisions the ancients had to make and the willingless to sacrifice themselves in order to save Atlantis.
                        Its a shame we didnt get to keep Aurora but then again it was in bad shape anyway.
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

immhotep, I think you're guilty of creating false expectations in your own mind for what the episode was going to be about. I would find it far worse for the show if they had found a fully working Ancient warship that they could bring back to Atlantis. It would completely screw up the point of the show.
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Shep just suggested "A warship?" and then McKay started to rip on him about how he was drooling over the idea already.

Comment

Stupid asgard..... If they had only given us offensive weapons we could have
                              Spoiler:
                              destroyed the two cruisers
                              and towed Aurora back to atlantis.

Best Stargate quote:
                              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                                immhotep, I think you're guilty of creating false expectations in your own mind for what the episode was going to be about. I would find it far worse for the show if they had found a fully working Ancient warship that they could bring back to Atlantis. It would completely screw up the point of the show.
                                Agreed on all counts.
                                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X