• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah it was a sad ep

i mean there must've been hundreds of alterrans on it. very very old

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze
      The most glaring plothole I can't get over is if McKay said that the lone wraith had been there for "a lot longer" why wasn't the ancient ship not guarded yet by hive ships? I've never heard of a scout ship in deep space without some mother ship nearby.

Oh and why the heck wasn't the ancient ship cloaked? If McKay can cloak Atlantis in a single episode surely the ancients could have figured out how to cloak their large ships over all those zillions of years they were flying around?
      I mean if I had to put my crew into hibernation I would want to be cloaked while I was asleep, right? It's like someone going to sleep in a hornets nest FCOL!
      If the ancient ships have cloaking shields then, why the hell was aurora in poor condition. The wraith wouldn't have been able to see the ship.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

IMHO, a great episode if you're all about the Sheppard Eye-Candy thing...

And as much as I am about Sheppard Eye-Candy, I also like a little substance...and unfortunately, this episode didn't have much in the way of that. The plot was fairly weak, especially after the build-up it got. I was just disappointed that more wasn't made of it I think...

It was great to see Rodney back to form though...and nice lighting...enhances Teh Pretty...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Liked Teyla, Ronan, Weir, Mckay, Sheppard Caldwell. The interactions were good.
          Didn't like the depiction of the ancients so much (althought the captin looked familiar).
          It was an ok episode, no where close to being as cool as prototype (SG-1s first show last week). I can see why they didnt want this ep going agains Threashold.

Not bad, Not great. Didnt learn much of value except that Weir and Ronan just are not on the same page (nor me since I thought Ronan would like Chess, nice strategy game... it could be his thing, like data on TNG... chess and prunejuice ). I didn think there was some good team stuff.

I will watch it again when Im not taking benadril and actually had a night of sleep and maybe I will like it more.... or see all the plot holes mentioned and hate it more.

I give this ep a B-
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Aww. It had so much potential.....I mean, I loved seeing Ancients on their ship. It was how I imagined it would be, very bright, light, colors. But...We could have learned something! Come on! <sigh>
            sigpic

Comment

I agree.
              Overall I have been a little disppointed by the episodes (Aurora and Lost boys).
              But the interaction between Mckay and Shep was GREAT!
              There is not much Shep/ Weir scene tonight.
              I think that Joe seems a little tired and there was not enough Shep in Lost boys! But he is really a great actor. His different facial expression was great.
              I CAN'T WAIT to see the next episode!!!!!

Comment

Great episode. Had fun with it, especially Rodney's "She's hot!" and Sheppard's response. Bwahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

Peh.

First scene was the best. Elizabeth and Ronon were fun there.

After that, just not much going on with the story imo. Teyla had a cute scene and if you enjoy looking at Shep, he certainly was looking good here. Last scene was sort of nice but the ep lent little real gravity to it.

One of the weaker eps of the season.

Comment

The storyline wasn't my favorite, but there were some really cute character moments in there -- the Ronon/Weir thing in the beginning was adorable! They really can't seem to figure each other out. Teyla got some really excellent moments to shine tonight -- "counting" with Ronon, reverse psychology with McKay, and bluffing technobabble to Caldwell. McKay was great as usual, and Sheppard got a few good points, notably when his eyes teared up after Aurora was destroyed. Not my favorite, but it had its strong points.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Apparently, I'm in the minority on this one. I loved Aurora and hated The Lost Boys.

We saw character growth on McKay's part, and the writers developed the wounded trust between McKay and Sheppard from the end of Trinity. Ronon and Teyla stalling for more time worked as well.

The episode had humor, action, and character development. Yes, I figured out the first officer was evil quickly, but overall, the episode worked.
                      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Does any one have a descent pic of the Aurora? Not the inside, the outside.
                        Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.
                        Teal’c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                        Jackson: (Excited) Oh!! See?
                        O’Neill: No more beer for you.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                        We are the Ancients

Comment

After reading all the early reviews I was worried that this ep would suck the big one. So I was pleasantly surprised to find the ep wasn't that bad. Granted, it did use the Cassandra cliche, the "discovering something new only to have to rush because the enemy is coming" cliche, the "having to destroy/lose advanced technology just as they found it" cliche, and probably other cliches that I'm missing. Still, the pod network was interesting, the wraith involvement and coersion was fascinating, and the end...well fell sort of flat. Ah well.

-Nice to see Rodney getting back to fine form after Trinity. The porch comment was hysterical.

-It's funny how much Aurora looks like...the hallways of Atlantis. Thank you, blue camera filter!

-And I couldn't get used to the uniforms. Looked like a big PJ party.

-When the team went onto Aurora for the first time there apparently wasn't any power. Why did they have gravity?

-Why didn't the wraith immediately leave the pod and hunt down the team when it realized that Shep was an outsider?

Comment

I thought this was a pretty decent episode. Not the best of the season by far, but not the worst either. Sad to see the team come away with nothing yet again, but look how long it took sg-1 to make any headway. They failed to retrieve any alien technologies for what seemed like forever before they finally made some progress.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I had been led to believe this ep wouldn't be very good, so I was pleasantly surprised. There WERE a lot of logical hiccups that didn't sit too well with me, the largest being where Shep and McKay showed up in the simulation, but over-all I still enjoyed the story and sympathised enough with the crew's dilemma to feel sad over the ending.

I don't know whether the actress playing the captain's 2IC is to be commended or warned. She did a fabulous job... but as soon as I saw her I thought, "she's a wraith". And no, I hadn't read any spoilers. I felt she had wraith-like traits, anyway, and while it's great that she was able to work that in, the revelation of a wraith being onboard and its identity came as an utter non-surprise.

And who's the hottie sitting next to Caldwell? Liked him. May have to add him to my list if he isn't just a random extra. And considering he had lines (even if it was just repeating what the computer was telling him, poor b***ard) I have a feeling we may see him again.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                                -When the team went onto Aurora for the first time there apparently wasn't any power. Why did they have gravity?
                                That's the first thing I noticed as well. No life support, badly damaged ship but of course the gravity still works...as if there's anyone using it. Furthermore, how did the Wraith get by without life support. Why didn't he restore the life support when he got there? If there was no life suppot, how did he manage to set up his little device, alter the system, get into the pod without some kind of suit. Maybe they reallya re vampires and they don't breathe.

-Why didn't the wraith immediately leave the pod and hunt down the team when it realized that Shep was an outsider?
                                Yes, why indeed. The only thing I can think of is she wanted to learn all she could from Sheppard before he realized what she/he was and he couldn't leave the system and maintain the VR deception.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Working...
                                X