No announcement yet.

The Brotherhood (116)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually read the transcript a week before the episode actually aired.

It was interesting to see Kolya again. I could see some interesting subplots developing between him and Sheppard.

In season 5 or 6 when Earth and Atlantis hopefully have permanent gate access to each other, I would send a US Marine regiment, and a company of British SAS back to that planet and search for the location to that ZPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha17X
      And so once again the ancients are reffered to as "Lanteans" not Atlanteans "Lanteans"

Theres is with out a shadow of a doubt no "at" at the beginning of the word. they have been called "Lanteans" 3 times now in the show.
      OK, I dunno if anyone's mentioned this, and I don't really wanna go through like 10 pages to find out, but I think it's something to do with the point of origin.

We learned in lost city that the Earth Point Of Origin symbol is pronounced 'At'. And Atlantis was originally on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
        OK, I dunno if anyone's mentioned this, and I don't really wanna go through like 10 pages to find out, but I think it's something to do with the point of origin.

We learned in lost city that the Earth Point Of Origin symbol is pronounced 'At'. And Atlantis was originally on earth.
        That's eactly right.
        Liaison of F.O.R.D.
        Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by 6thMonolith
          I just have a small nitpick with this episode. Didnt the Ancients use base eight?
          I don't understand the confusion. The puzzle wasn't an Ancient puzzle. It was a puzzle designed by The Brotherhood. So even if they worshipped the Ancients, why would they choose to make their puzzle in base 8? The Brotherhood wanted to communicate with other humans, preferably of The Brotherhood, but if The Brotherhood was wiped out, then they would hope other humans would understand. So they would pick the human numbering system of base 10.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
            I don't understand the confusion. The puzzle wasn't an Ancient puzzle. It was a puzzle designed by The Brotherhood. So even if they worshipped the Ancients, why would they choose to make their puzzle in base 8? The Brotherhood wanted to communicate with other humans, preferably of The Brotherhood, but if The Brotherhood was wiped out, then they would hope other humans would understand. So they would pick the human numbering system of base 10.
            That is they way I understood it also. Some people might have thought is was an ancient puzzle because Sheppard solve it but they forget that he is a whiz at math.

Comment

I found a slight blooper, just before Allina gives a stone marker to Teyla, Ford is holding a paper and then lets go of it and looks at Tayla but when the angle changes he is holding the paper again and looking at it!

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                That is they way I understood it also. Some people might have thought is was an ancient puzzle because Sheppard solve it but they forget that he is a whiz at math.
                I figure the Mensa test is hard, but I wouldn't have thought that they would have wanted someone to solve a magic square problem in base 8.

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

This was an ok ep. Not brilliant, but ok.

I thought McKay getting all nervous and babbling once he knew about the potential love interest was a scream, though.
                  sigpic

Comment

Guess, what my complaint will be about...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
                    - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Atlantis has been really disappointing for me. The Brotherhood is yet another dull episode that seems there to make up the numbers for the 20 eps for the year. Filler eps will always be there, but I haven't really seen an ep since the premiere that was of much great interest.
                      The last couple of eps for the season may be exciting, but that doesn't excuse having 3/4 filler for the rest.
                      As a season I give the show a C minus.Mostly for sheer lack of creativity.

Comment

McKay: Well, what do I do?
                        Sheppard: You don't know what to do?
                        McKay: I know what to do EVENTUALLY. I mean, what do I do NOW?

Love the banter between McKay and Shep. Reminds me of Jack and Daniel in the ealier days, only more easygoing and less condescending.

Does anyone else think the best thing TPTB did for SGA was having a close age gap between the two male leads? RDA is like twenty years older then MS, and Kurt Russell is like ten years older then James Spader and I never saw that competitive, brotherly comaraderie.

Comment

I soo didn't like the ending. Aillan (SP, right?) should have listened. I didn't like her at all.

Comment

I liked this episode even though you knew from the begining that they had a snowball's chance in hell of getting and keeping the ZPM. I'm glad the betrayal wasn't overly played like it could of easily been. There just wasn't enough between McKay and whats-her-name too really make it too personal.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

I cant believe they let them take the zpm. Why dont they go back and take it from them.
                              sigpic

Comment

Probably the best "indiana jones"-type episode of stargate: usually the riddles are not too difficult but here it was not easy to solve.
                                Very good scenario (it has received a prize for it, hasn't it?), and we have Kolya...
                                Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

Working...
                                X