No announcement yet.

The Siege, Part 2 (120)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was an awesome finale. I cant wait to July. The fight seen was awesome and the whole thing. The only problem i had was with Colonel Everett. First of all they bring in him for 1 episode then kill him off again like Sumner so Sheppard could be in charge again. Then they make him a standard military type and being sort of a jerk to Weir and Teyla but understandable. Then he does an instant turn around. I almost think it would of been better if they didn't bring him in at all.

Comment

What was the deal with the uniforms those Marines were wearing? They weren't MARPAT.

Why didn't they bring any surface to air missles like the stinger or a Vulcan Air Defense System? Also why do they continue to have people shooting at aircraft with rifles and carbines? ESPECIALLY a P90 of all things! I know it scifi but I can't suspend my belief for stuff like this.

Comment

One question - Sheppard is cloaked. How can we be so sure that the Daedalus will be able to detect a genuine cloaked Ancient ship? It'd be pretty hard to beam him out if they can't see him.

Then again, he might turn the cloak off if he sees the ship, and hail them and all that. But would Sheppard jeopardize his position like that? We'll have to wait till Part 3 to find out

Anyway, I knew this episode would receive positive feedback (I downloaded it a week before it aired because I wasn't able to see it on TV last night). It's truely a great episode and has one of the most stunning battle sequences seen on Stargate ever, SG-1 included (If not the most stunning, but the battle over Antarctica in Lost City II has its own merits as well). The character development was great, and I'm not so sure that Everett was killed. Did they show him dying? (Maybe they did, and I just don't remember).
        Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Comment

When i 1st heard Colonel Everett's voise it reminded me of watching a badly dubbed Godzilla movie....... then it became bearable when the episode went on

and the night fight scene was amazing

and Weir has grown on me alot, any one who can negotiate while being bound and gagged gets my respect

Teyla had her hair pulled back while she was fighting FINALLY

Comment

Anyone know where I can get screencaps of moebius part 2??

sigpic
            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by Yukmouth
              What was the deal with the uniforms those Marines were wearing? They weren't MARPAT.

Why didn't they bring any surface to air missles like the stinger or a Vulcan Air Defense System? Also why do they continue to have people shooting at aircraft with rifles and carbines? ESPECIALLY a P90 of all things! I know it scifi but I can't suspend my belief for stuff like this.

probly beacsue they were planing on the nukes to destory the ships.

as for the uninform thats the US new camo uninform its made by compter or some thing like that im not sure

Comment

Also why do they continue to have people shooting at aircraft with rifles and carbines? ESPECIALLY a P90 of all things! I know it scifi but I can't suspend my belief for stuff like this.
                I'm glad I'm not the only one who found that goofy. I'm also glad I'm not the only one who thought it was nuts to use your most valuable and most limited resource--the mines--so recklessly. Proximity sensors? Why not leave the same Jumpers that deployed them near enough to activate them remotely? Then there's the whole 6 mines in space being useful problem...

Of course, had the mines worked, that would have been the end of the episode.

Still, the pacing and action were great.

Did anyone else worry for Zelenka when he left the chair room unarmed by himself or for Carson when McKay left him in the chair alone when the city was crawling with Wraith? I was left wondering if they had intended those scenes to cause worry or not. I also think it's odd that the chair is not in the tower. You'd think a thing like that would be centrally located.

Oh, and my theory as to why Cowen wasn't the one to interact with Weir is that, with all the FX and props and stuff, they couldn't afford a guest appearance by Colm Meaney. A line to explain his absence would have been nice. Something to explain what happened with Sora might also have been nice. Poor girl, looks like she's going to fall through the cracks.
                Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

The battle for the city was outstanding...it was INSANE!!

However..it does suck that the nukes got blown uo by the wraith asteroids.
                  And Weir...wow...thats the first time I've seen her pissed off. She was gonna beat the hell out of them Genni...or whatever they're called.

Teyla...why???

Why did she gun down the Air-men??
                  She did...didn't she??
                  The Phoenix lives on!

Comment

Originally posted by Avalar
                    One question - Sheppard is cloaked. How can we be so sure that the Daedalus will be able to detect a genuine cloaked Ancient ship? It'd be pretty hard to beam him out if they can't see him.
                    They have a puddle jumper.
                    That means they might have acquired a means to detect the cloaked Ancient ships, by studying how the cloak works on their puddle jumper.

Comment

Probally not, i'm betting he just decloaks or something. We have to wait and see

And they were using the P90 and stuff because it actually is effective i think. Many bullets in a ship can still destroy it. What do you want them to do? Sit there and throw grenades?

Before you judge a person, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, not only will you be a mile away, you'll have their shoes.

Comment

They were wearing the urban variant of MARPAT.
                        Why didn't they bring any surface to air missles like the stinger or a Vulcan Air Defense System?
                        They did.
                        Also why do they continue to have people shooting at aircraft with rifles and carbines? ESPECIALLY a P90 of all things!
                        It probably wouldn't do much good, but a little is better than nothing. It's not like they'd have anything to lose.
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Yeah, a P90 is a poor choice of weapon to shoot at aircraft, but bullets are better than no bullets, I guess.

Just because SG-1 recovered a Puddlejumper, doesn't mean we've suddenly cracked the code for their cloaking device. If Sheppard doesn't uncloak himself, the Daedalus shouldn't be able to detect him.

I don't like that mindset - just because we find alien tech, doesn't mean we understand all of it. Even the Asgard have only "scratched the surface" of Ancient knowledge...how the hell can us Humans go about figuring out their cloaking secrets? And just how were they planning to download the Ancient database into friggen' hard drives? I know you have to leave some things to the imagination in Sci-Fi, but stuff like that is just downright weird.
                          Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                            They were wearing the urban variant of MARPAT.They did.It probably wouldn't do much good, but a little is better than nothing. It's not like they'd have anything to lose.
                            As far as I know there is no urban version of MARPAT only desert and woodland. Even if there is a urban version of MARPAT that stuff they were wearing still wasn't the correct pattern.

Comment

As far as I know there is no urban version of MARPAT only desert and woodland. Even if there is a urban version of MARPAT that stuff they were wearing still wasn't the correct pattern.

Source: http://www.hyperstealth.com/CADPAT-MARPAT.htm
                              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Avalar
                                Yeah, a P90 is a poor choice of weapon to shoot at aircraft, but bullets are better than no bullets, I guess.

Just because SG-1 recovered a Puddlejumper, doesn't mean we've suddenly cracked the code for their cloaking device. If Sheppard doesn't uncloak himself, the Daedalus shouldn't be able to detect him.

I don't like that mindset - just because we find alien tech, doesn't mean we understand all of it. Even the Asgard have only "scratched the surface" of Ancient knowledge...how the hell can us Humans go about figuring out their cloaking secrets? And just how were they planning to download the Ancient database into friggen' hard drives? I know you have to leave some things to the imagination in Sci-Fi, but stuff like that is just downright weird.
                                Not the whole data base. Just 9%. Also those marines weren't using P90s. The P90s were just used to take out the Wraith already in the city.

Comment

Working...
                                X