No announcement yet.

The Siege, Part 1 (119)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they delete the Ancient Database (even if they recover 9%) I will be thoroughly pissed!

Stupid Weir and Zalenka...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
      If they delete the Ancient Database (even if they recover 9%) I will be thoroughly pissed!

Stupid Weir and Zalenka...
      Yeah, that would be a stupid plot device to make it more difficult to discover new Ancient technology. It's not necessary at all since [spoilers for SG-1 8x02]
      Spoiler:
      Thor has stated even the Asgard have barely scratched the surface in studying part of the Ancient database themselves.
      To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Somebody mentioned the distances involved in the wraith getting to the milky way. One assumes they know which galaxy earth is in anyway and the distance it is from Pegasas via warp speed.

The wraith know *of* earth and that is it. Nothing about the Galaxy. Hell for all they know it could be in their Galaxy and they missed a spot.

Also the length of the Milky Way is 100,000 light years across. The distances you need to travel between Galaxies is even greater and to think the wriath could hibinate for that long? Its quicker to get to the Stargate with all things concerned.

Comment

WARP?! WARP?!! I know we have the Borg and now the Species 8472 but we ain't got any warp here!

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
            WARP?! WARP?!! I know we have the Borg and now the Species 8472 but we ain't got any warp here!
            ahem... yes... no warped minds allowed in this fandom.

FYI, CrackedButter, we Gaters do not use warp technology, we use the more civilized hyperspace tech.
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Whatever, you knew what I meant, plus its quicker to type. I'll stick to using warp.

Comment

Originally posted by CrackedButter
                Whatever, you knew what I meant, plus its quicker to type. I'll stick to using warp.
                If you try to go against the tide, you're going to be getting people commenting about it every time you say it. Or people will just ignore you because they'll think you don't know what you're talking about.
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Oh please.

I have more important things in life to worry about rather than be worried about whether I used the words "warpspeed", "hyperdrive", FTLdrive or "lightspeed" in the right context for each and every different sci fi show. I'm not a geek.

If "the tide" are going to debate over such a thing then I truly wonder what else you guys can waste your time on when it comes to debating a fictional TV series in such depth and with such energy. I grew out of that attitude when I was 16. Infact the attitude I'm receiving smacks of elitisim. Sad. Again, over a TV show.

You picked out the word "warp" rather than discuss the merits of my post. Yet "warp" means exactly the same thing!

Don't bother ignoring my future posts either, I'll just not post anymore. Like I said I do have better things to do, the moments I spend away from my work can be put elsewhere. No big loss you say? Same can be said on this side of the screen as well. Bye.

Comment

CB,
                    Its not really about the term, in my opinion. Its about respect for the series and the differences it has from other scifi out there. In essence its the same as a person calling you by a pet name you dont like instead of your given name.

It is childish to ignore somone for that reason, but still. effort must be made on both sides.

Your last paragraph is loaded with childish attitudes. please. drop it. When I read it, this is what I see, "I dont like you anymore *sticks out tongue* so Im not gonna talk to you anymore"
                    Seriously, its *just* a forum. Is it worth it to abadnon it just because someone made that one remark? No.

Back onto the discussion at hand...

The Wraith have hybernated for 10 000 years. With small hyper jumps it *could* and I stress that /Could/ Make it with hybernation. If they alternated who drove the ship I think its a good possibility. Besides, if everyone else isnt awake, you dont have to listen to "are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet"

I also had the idea of "why not rip out a few control consoles and take em' with you through the gate? "
                    I mean, if *that* were possible, at least they might someday be able to gain access to quite a bit of information. heck, even if they only saved 50% of the database, that would still be a hella lot.

Thats all
                    ~AR

Comment

You picked out the word "warp" rather than discuss the merits of my post. Yet "warp" means exactly the same thing!
                      Ok, here's a comment on your post. The distance of the Pegasus galaxy from the Milky Way galaxy via "warp speed" is the same distance as via slower-than-lightspeed.

Your point about not assuming that the Wraith know the exact location of Earth is a good one, btw.

Don't bother ignoring my future posts either, I'll just not post anymore. Like I said I do have better things to do, the moments I spend away from my work can be put elsewhere. No big loss you say? Same can be said on this side of the screen as well. Bye.
                      Wow! You sure back down easily from one mildly critical post. Do you participate on any forums where you've posted more than 5-10 messages?
                      To Infinity And Beyond!

Comment

Okay.

You both make a good point. I'll concede again. Even though I AM acting totally out of character. Normally I'll debate something to death. But.

Last night I was in a certain frame of mind because of a bus journey I took. I nearly considered attacking to guys because they were bullying a disabled guy and ignored 2 verbal warnings from me. That kinda thing is disgusting, I also saw human ignorance from the tormentors and from the other passengers who were pretending to ignore the situation when nobody would help tho poor guy, plus he had a speech impediment. That kind of thing can frighten people as it is, plus add a confused look looking for help, he doesn't make an appealing victim.

So if you can understand then thats cool, because coming here and seeing my post being nitpicked was tiny compared to what I was going to do last night on the bus to these 2 guys. Out of respect, I won't say warp either okay.

Anyway... thread at hand.

Comment

Last night I was in a certain frame of mind because of a bus journey I took. I nearly considered attacking to guys because they were bullying a disabled guy and ignored 2 verbal warnings from me. That kinda thing is disgusting, I also saw human ignorance from the tormentors and from the other passengers who were pretending to ignore the situation when nobody would help tho poor guy, plus he had a speech impediment. That kind of thing can frighten people as it is, plus add a confused look looking for help, he doesn't make an appealing victim.

So if you can understand then thats cool, because coming here and seeing my post being nitpicked was tiny compared to what I was going to do last night on the bus to these 2 guys. Out of respect, I won't say warp either okay.

Anyway... thread at hand.
                          Hey, say warp all you want (glances furtively around as he stirs up more controversy... ), I don't mind.

And yeah, ignorant bystanders can be just as culpable as the bullies.
                          To Infinity And Beyond!

Comment

thanks cant wait till i see it in 30 mins in on sky one in the uk and the uk dude dies o well not the biggest lots

Comment

Grodin!! Noooo!! I was just starting to like him damnit!!

Good episode. I liked 'Bob' . shep's now called two of the wraith 'steve' and 'bob'. Weren't they the two names that Sheppard was going to be called before TPTB settled on John? Can't wait for Part 2 next week, it should be good

Comment

just seen this on sky one, and it was a fantastic episode. It's the edge of your seat kind of thing. I loved it when grodin turned on the gravity, and mckay fell a great distance. It's a shame that grodin is dead though. I really liked him.

Now i have to suffer the torment of waiting a week to find out what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X