No announcement yet.

The Gift (118)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was an interesting episode with the revelation of the Wraith experiments and the attempted connection to the Wraith telepathic link. I thought Teyla's actor did a good job of making a very marked change in her demeanor when the Wraith was in control. A fascinating episode, but not my favorite.
    Signature by Glitch33.
    sigpic
    Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

I like this one, a good episode for Teyla.
      sigpic

Comment

Great Teyla ep, and we sure learned a lot about her and the Wraith.
        sigpic

Comment

Or maybe they hadn't that much experience in creating the masks yet...
          I don't think it's about well or no be good at making masks. I don't know wether it's this or an earlier episode, but you can see Bob attacking Teyla. Later on she sees the same image of Bob attacking her(that's why they were the same clothes) but then she sees her own face in a wraithway. I like her face in the queen better to.
          On your knees human!! *hiss*

Comment

I liked this ep. a lot. Gives a lot of background about Teyla and the wraith. But it also rose some questions:

1. When Teyla was on the hive ship, there seemed a lot of wraiths being around, quite busy. But in the later eps, when Shepps team is on a hive ship, they seldom bump into wraiths, it always seems quite deserted. Practical of course, so they can sneak around undetected.

2. If there is a telepathic network then the wraith should immediately be aware of intruders and where they are, if some wraith run into them. But we never see that in later episodes, it's more like if the team kills the wraiths that discovered them, everything is fine.

3. It's so convenient they found that data storage device. Of course if I would have been the wraith scientist, I wouldn't have destroyed the lab to cover my actions or at least the other wraiths who wiped out the whole population on this planet would do that.

4. In this episode and in SIEGE I, they showed that Teyla's mental abilities are weaker then the wraiths. Every time she thinks she is more prepared, she's still weaker than the wraiths. Which makes perfect sense as she has 1. only part wraith DNA and 2. it's passed down through generations, so if anything that gift should get weaker and not stronger. But in later episodes, SUBMERSION and SOW she suddenly seems much stronger and can take over and deceive other wraiths, which is so unrealistic. Oh, don't mention the "baby helped me thing", that just sucked. I would have liked they stayed realistic with that and showed the use of Teyla's ability as a means of last resort. You can sneak into the network but you have to be very careful and do it only for a short amount of time.
            Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Skie View Post
              1. When Teyla was on the hive ship, there seemed a lot of wraiths being around, quite busy. But in the later eps, when Shepps team is on a hive ship, they seldom bump into wraiths, it always seems quite deserted. Practical of course, so they can sneak around undetected.
              of course it's all in the script.....
              sigpic

Comment

POss cause those hives were coming for 'war'..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  POss cause those hives were coming for 'war'..
                  First, they are at war later too (civil war) and second, they have for sure the same number of wraith on the ship so that doesn't change and third, you need the same amount of people for having a functional ship. So no, war or not war is not an explanation for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skie View Post
                    First, they are at war later too (civil war) and second, they have for sure the same number of wraith on the ship so that doesn't change and third, you need the same amount of people for having a functional ship. So no, war or not war is not an explanation for that.
                    It's because a bunch of wraith look intimidating, but the writers are too lazy to have the characters come up wit brilliant plans around that (or budget constraints, or just lack of time to deal with it).

I just figured they couldn't feed everyone at once, so the scientists/navigators/not guards were awake and everyone else hibernated until they arrived at where they wanted to attack.
                    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

The food issue is a good point.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                        I just figured they couldn't feed everyone at once, so the scientists/navigators/not guards were awake and everyone else hibernated until they arrived at where they wanted to attack.
                        I don't know if that works. They have the civil war, which means, they need to be prepared at all time. If they are attacked they need the darts to counteract, so hibernation of the crew poses a problem. And the other thing, on all those times they were walking on those hive ships, we never saw hibernating wraiths and also the SGA teams never mentions it.

Comment

If you remember, they hibernate in roof 'cells.

Comment

If you remember, they hibernate in roof 'cells.
                            Not all, if you remember INFECTION.

Comment

All i remember, is Todd saying the ship was suffering.. IIRC we didn't see them in pods or anything.

Comment

All i remember, is Todd saying the ship was suffering.. IIRC we didn't see them in pods or anything.
                                Yes, we did. One of the drones attacked a marine out of one of these pods and they awaken Todd. The whole team stands in front of Todd's pod when they awaken him because they need him to repair the hive ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X