The Gift (118)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kes
    Of course I immediately wondered if they're setting things up so Shep is going to turn into a Wraith by the end of S2 or something because of the bug attached to his neck in S1.
    While I don't think Shep is going to mutate into anything, I do think TPTB are going to revisit the "bug on the neck" scenario. They have made a big to-do about how the Wraith inject a chemical into their victims, so he did have something pumped into him.

Of course. . it could be another plot hole that the writers never revisit.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by DEdison
      Am i the only one who finds this dr heightmeyer slightly creepy? Did i miss something? IF Teyla responds to wraith presence, and the hive ships are days away, couldn't their be a wraith inflitrator aboard atlantis? That might explain her sudden wraith-sense overload, right? the good Dr. seems suddenly to just BE there--did i miss her earlier, and was she with the team when they left SG1? Don't the wraith have the ability to alter perceptions? Could Heightmeyer be a wraith? using her hoodoo on everyone to blend in and keep them from recognizing it? She seemed AWFULLY interested (i mean, this would be fair if she were real, too, but still) in Teyla's wraith connection. Interested in a kind of creepy way, almost as if she were, say, already studying the human-wraith experiment...like a certain ostracized wraith? Am I completely off in getting the feeling that she might BE that wraith scientist? She just suddenly seemed to be there...and Rodney getting jiggy with (or even getting near to) a hot blonde? Sheppard ratting out Teyla? That doesn't seem to fit with his image...maybe I'm paranoid. It all seems a little too pat. Does anyone agree with me, or have i been tuning out?
      I think it is far-fetched that Heightmeyer would be a wraith scientist, because Teyla would have picked that up instantly because of her ability to sense wraith. As for her interest, maybe she is looking to get on Dr. Phil's show if she ever gets back to earth (). Or maybe write a book on extraterrestrial contact and the resulting mental illnesses (lol).

Comment

I absolutely loved this episode. Teyla is my favorite and we finally got a show dedicated to her. I can't wait to see where the writers take this new Teyla development in Season 2.

Comment

Another excellent ep. Good to see the writers finally get round to actually using the abilities Teyla has.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
            I don't think he has to worry about Teyla saying anything. She wouldn't care first of all and second she had too much on her mind anyways. Mckays secret is safe with Teyla.
            Yeah, i had to laugh when McKay got flustered when teyla was there. I think that anyones secret is safe with teyla.

This episode was one of my fav, it was well done.
            I didnt say you did it, i said i was going to blame you.

Comment

I dont know it was a pretty cool episode but definately not my favorite.
              sigpic

Comment

yeah it was a good episode to me.
                sigpic
                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

What are some of your favourite lines from the gift?
                  sigpic

Comment

From George Jr.

My favorite quote:
                    SHEPPARD: I disagree. I think it's entirely within
                    the realm of possibility.

KAVANAGH: There are tens of thousands of life-sucking
                    aliens in highly advanced spaceships on
                    thier way here to destroy us
                    , and we
                    have..
                    What? -- two hundred people, most of
                    whom are scientists who've never even
                    fired a gun before.

McKAY: Shockingly, first time ever I've found myself
                    having to agree with Kavanagh.

Really one of my favorites.
                    George Jr.
                    George Jr.

Comment

Just saw the episode and I liked it. It had a few "makes you jump" parts in it as I like to put it. I like all of the funny comments to. Now I can't wait to see the next episode.

Comment

I just saw it for the first time too . I thought it was great, lol poor Teyla, that must have been traumatizing! I liked Dr. Heightmeyer, it's the first time I've seen an episode with her. She seemed sweet, I'm so use to hating McKenzie, so I didn't know what to expect of the SGA psychologist.

"Victory... should be naked!" - The Slitheen

Comment

Originally posted by Miyth
                          I liked Dr. Heightmeyer, it's the first time I've seen an episode with her. She seemed sweet, I'm so use to hating McKenzie, so I didn't know what to expect of the SGA psychologist.
                          I'd choose Heightmeyer over McKenzie any day. If I were an SG-member I'd promptly ask for a transfer to Atlantis, just so I'd be having her as a psychologist instead of the creep.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Miyth
                            I just saw it for the first time too . I thought it was great, lol poor Teyla, that must have been traumatizing! I liked Dr. Heightmeyer, it's the first time I've seen an episode with her. She seemed sweet, I'm so use to hating McKenzie, so I didn't know what to expect of the SGA psychologist.
                            Once again thanks to fox 4 we have seen another great rerun of SGA. The best part about them rerunning seasons 1 & 2 is that when the third season takes it's 3 month break we can continue to watch episodes that we may not have seen before or get information that we missed the first time we watched it.

And I did like Dr. Hieghtmeyer too, she was very compationate about the work she does and very caring.

Comment

I liked this episode very much too. The writers did a great job on Teyla. I would watch this episode almost everyday just to watch the interaction between Sheppard and Teyla. I loved how Teyla was hurt that Sheppard would reveal her secret to Heightmeyer. But, he did it to help her. I think my favorite line in that whole episode was when Sheppard told Teyla, "Well, I suggest you take a nap." I had to laugh at that line everytime I heard it. He sounds like a father telling his daughter to take a nap. Again, I liked this episode.

Comment

Great episode! It was a good expansion to Teyla's character while everyone's trying to focus in the impending doom. If Teyla hadn't pushed on with her need to get to the bottom of her problem, I would think she and the expedition team would have lost this advantage against the Wraith.

Comment

Working...
                                X