No announcement yet.

Hot Zone (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is kinda off the wall, but what if it was a semi-advanced race that idolized the ancients. Maybe even thought of them as gods. They were more advanced than us but were still working on electronic devices. Seeing the Wraith give themselves and the Ancients so much trouble, maybe they decided to try and help the Ancients out by starving the humans before the wraith could get to them.

What nobody has figured out yet is the visions, why bother having them? They must mean something otherwise they wouldn't be the same in everybody. If the goal was to kill as many humans as possible, why create a common trend that people could track? People just up and dying would be much harder to start making connections about than people seeing the same thing and then up and dying.
    Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

well the visions where kind of like what the wraith make them see so that leads back to the theory of whoever made the virus made the wraith.

and just to tie up a lot speculation i think that energy eating dark cloud is an ascended form of the real enemy which is why the ancients left it in atlantis when they left as it could of called outhers of its kind to earth if they took it with them and also why the ancients dont permit the use of the ascended powers unless they have to for fear that it may attract the enemy?.

Comment

Originally posted by asura
        well the visions where kind of like what the wraith make them see so that leads back to the theory of whoever made the virus made the wraith.

and just to tie up a lot speculation i think that energy eating dark cloud is an ascended form of the real enemy which is why the ancients left it in atlantis when they left as it could of called outhers of its kind to earth if they took it with them and also why the ancients dont permit the use of the ascended powers unless they have to for fear that it may attract the enemy?.
        Interesting theory... Could prove to be right... Would explain the annoyingness of the ascended ancients
        sigpic
        In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

but with that black clud thing, didn't they say they found ancient documents on it that said it was like an energy animal that had no higher brain functions other then must eat/survive? i dont remember it to well but that wasn't a theory it was something they found, information from the ancients them selfs.

its a good idea, would be cool, like the ancients have a greater reason not to medal with lower plain stuff.

Comment

if the black cloud had no higher brain functions then they would of caught it in the stasis trap again for example intelegance is a higher function without it you cannot learn and then you would be driven by instinct.
            an energy eating clouds instinct would be to drain an energy source without even looking at it.
            however when it went back to the stasis trap it recognized it and left which hints at intelegance.

Comment

My dog can recognize when we're going to the vet, it doesn't mean she can defeat the Ancients or engineer another race
              Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero
                My dog can recognize when we're going to the vet, it doesn't mean she can defeat the Ancients or engineer another race
                ROFLMAO
                "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
                http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

thats because dogs do have intelegence.

several examples:
                  fish - no intelegance (2000 years and thay still hvent learnt to stay away from a worm floating in the water on a hook)
                  cats - intelegant also think their the center of the universe (you might think of them as the animal equivelent of the common teenager)
                  moths - no itelegance (oh look a bright light ZAP!)
                  dogs - intelegant on the same level as a one and a half year old child will pick something up show it to you and then do the same thing three minutes later.
                  and finally
                  the urban jungle ape (or to give it its scientific name georgeus bushus) - some intelegance (though not much) to find where this one is compaired to you get a copy of darwins theroy of evolution (which is completely correct) locate yourself (the one on the far right) then go back and couple and youll have it.

Comment

Uh...it's "intelligence"
                    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

In all honesty I seriously don't think that the creators of the nanovirus aren't the ones who were in league, creators of, or even knew of the Wraith, for that matter.

I believe that they are a totally different race which will BECOME in league with the Wraith. My reason for saying this? Those illusions were not the same as Wraith shadows. They have faces and have distinct expressions on them. The Wraith shadows only shine through someone's mind for an instant, but look more like a refraction of whatever thing the person is looking at. The illusions would block the view of the person.
                      Enter my game site...

Comment

Dunno if this will help clarify matters any, but Martin Wood and PDL were at the L3 con in London this past weekend and said that there was a scene cut from Rising in which the holograph/viewing chamber actually "transported" the team back in time to see a Wraith hiveship hovering over the city. It was supposed to illustrate how the shields worked, but they had to find another way to do it due to time/budget contraints.

So my guess is, as uninteresting as it is, the Wraith really are the "dark enemy". Although there's always the chance that TPTB could later take advantage of the needed gap to make the Enemy something else. For all intents and purposes, though, the implication seems to be otherwise.

Comment

Thanks for that Shadow that might clear some questions up I post earlier the link for interview with JF where he dropped a hint of bigger enemy don't know whether that is of any important plot twist in the future.
                          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Martin Wood and PDL were at the L3 con in London this past weekend and said that there was a scene cut from Rising in which the holograph/viewing chamber actually "transported" the team back in time to see a Wraith hiveship hovering over the city.
                            Any chance this scene will be added to the DVD set when it comes out?
                            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Well if we ask MGM nicely they might just do that.
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                So my guess is, as uninteresting as it is, the Wraith really are the "dark enemy".
                                That was already confirmed in 'The Defiant One'.
                                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                                X