Sanctuary (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
    I liked this episode. Yeah, Sheppard was displaying some Kirk-like tendancies, but I can get over that. I just enjoyed the fact that McKay calls him on it.

I liked how Teyla was okay with Sheppard spending time with Chaya and wanted to get him to admit it wasn't all in the name of diplomacy. I wasn't sure how I felt about Teyla at the beginning of the series, but I'm liking her more and more.
    I liked this episode very much and love the line when mckay told him about the Kirk like tendancies. The was a great episode, love the episode and is one of my many favorites of season one.

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
    Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
    http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
      I liked this episode. Yeah, Sheppard was displaying some Kirk-like tendancies, but I can get over that. I just enjoyed the fact that McKay calls him on it.

I liked how Teyla was okay with Sheppard spending time with Chaya and wanted to get him to admit it wasn't all in the name of diplomacy. I wasn't sure how I felt about Teyla at the beginning of the series, but I'm liking her more and more.
      Quick question, what is the definition of Kirk-like tendancies? I've seen it quite a few times and understand the concept and everything, but have no idea how this applies to Sheppard. Can you (or anyone els) enlighten me, as I just don't see it.

Also why would Teyla not be ok with Sheppard spending time with Chaya? It's not like they're an item or anything (sorry Teyla/Shep fans I don't see it) but as always, each to their own.

Comment

just watched the episode again and it was a good one. Anyone else think that when "chaya" had to speak to "athar" she was speaking to the other ascended beings asking if she could allow santuary for other humans?

Comment

Did anyone else notice that in the first scene after the team and Chaya/Athar came to Atlantis, they were all standing in the debarkation area? They were standing directly in front of the gate, and there was no jumper in sight. This would make sense except for the fact that they took the jumper there. Proculous (sp?) has a space gate, so it's not possible that they went back without the jumper. They were meeting with Weir, which they wouldn't have done in the debarkation area unless they just walked through the gate. They would have done it in her office, or in the control room.

Comment

Wow, i really enjoyed this one. Its sad that we have not seen chaya again. If i had one major compliant with Stargate as a whole is that i think the writers don't always follow up on potential storyline that they set up like the fact we never saw Sora again and it would have been cool to see Laira again while Jack was still around.

Comment

MY favorite scene of the episode was when Sheppard meet Mckay after the picnic and when Mackay was calyng Sheppard Kirk...

Comment

Yeah i liked the bit when Meredith calls Sheppard kirk too........i swear i have heard Meredith say that 3 times
                Tst

Comment

Well now we know where John should go when he's ready to retire. He can go live with the hottie ancient and maybe she can teach him to ascend. Looking back on the entire series, I couldn't think of a better place for him to go out of all the episodes and places in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                    Yeah i liked the bit when Meredith calls Sheppard kirk too........i swear i have heard Meredith say that 3 times
                    yeah that always makes me laugh

Comment

This is one of my favorite one episodes. I didn't see the ending coming at all for some reason... and the fact that the Ancients can be fallible to something like love is very interesting to me.

Comment

how was she able to still be ascended and touch things, when orlin couldnt?

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                          how was she able to still be ascended and touch things, when orlin couldnt?
                          Orlin and other ascended being can touch things but they can also chose to not be able to touch matter.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Wow this episode was all the way back in season 1. Wow, it seemed like it was more recent.
                            sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed this ep just as much the 2nd time. I loved seeing Sheppard nervous around "the girl" and Rodney's continuing bumbling and inconsiderate comments.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

Great episode! It was awesome to see an Ancient (even an ascended one) for the first time on Atlantis. I figured out that she was Ancient long before they did, but, hey, it was still good. Someone really needs to get the ascended Ancients to loosen up a bit - they are waaaaaaay to fanatical about those rules of theirs!

I loved Rodney's comments about Sheppard having "Kirk syndrom." I think he actually was a little bit jealous! It was nice to see Sheppard with someone, though - it brought out a whole new side of his personality.
                                Signature by Glitch33.
                                sigpic
                                Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X