Sanctuary (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whipped!!!

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
    - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

I didn't like Chaya's performance in the episode, and the whole "I came to Atlantis because of you".
      But is was a good episode, and it was nice to see an Ancient.

Comment

I didn't think I'd like this episode originally, because I thought it'd be too quiet... but it turned out to be more than just quiet with McKay's nagging about Chaya hiding a secret weapon... little did he know that SHE *was* the secret ENERGY weapon! Wonder if he ever figured that part out...? He was so blinded by his zeal for a ZPM-like source, that his *social* manners just made the situation far worse.

"Sanctuary" sort of gave Shep the well deserved vacation he needed, especially after his harrowing experiences from the last 3 eps:
        THE EYE
        HOT ZONE
        THE DEFIANT ONE

========
        It's Stargate's natural pacing of events... providing some calm when needed (for us viewers as well as the TV characters!) when viewing time permits that sets SG apart from most typical "gotta go overboard" sci-fi programs pushing to make their mark in TV/film history. SG attempts to pace events as naturally as possible, even if it means getting flack for this from some irate (other types of) viewers.

Personally, I think this aspect is what makes SG better than some other shows... in spite of how unpopular of an idea that might be. Stargate has developed its own legend from ground up - it didn't start at the top, yet maintains its own at a natural-like sequence flow, within reason of course...
        (just a personal POV opinion here)
        ========

Anyway, after Chaya's true secret was revealed to Sheppard, I do think even he was a bit put off by Chaya being Athar. But he was the only person she actually confided personal info to about what the ancients do and what she herself is permitted to do.

McKay blew his own opportunity away by his constant nit-picking about Chaya during the entire episode. I think Rodney would have been given a respectable enough answer, had he not snarked with his
        "what?! have you been checking us out?!" retort.

It was mostly McKay's *nasty* (Star Trek) "Kirk" associations he accused Shep of being that annoyed me. And when I first heard it was a Star Trek writer who created this ep, I thought that explained it, until I realized McKay's real Captain Kirk retort directly at Sheppard started back in "The Defiant One" ep over the Wraith...

Shep {annoyed}: "He's aboard my ship!!"
        McKay {snarky}: "What are you *Captain Kirk*?! What good's it gonna do him?"
        Shep {upset}: "I don't know...(pause) maybe he can hot wire the d*** thing."

Two different writers... yet combining both eps, that makes McKay spouting off about Shep being "Kirk" 3 total times in almost back-to-back eps, unless more remarks got edited out during this round of repeats... sort of strange that both of these eps got zapped out of Sci-Fi channels July 8 SG:A marathon... (not?) because of "Kirk"??

I *do* like seeing Carsen being like Scotty (a bit younger maybe in appearance with a similar voice) and McCoy (med/trek transporter)... ayyy! and great mannerisms too!

Dr. Beckett to Chaya: "You're just as lovely on the inside as you are on the outside" ~ words to that effect...
        Last edited by SGalisa; 18 June 2005, 08:32 PM. Reason: yikes! typo

Comment

So what's the deal, he still visits then?

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
          - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Rodney was alittle overboard but Johnny was way too "social"
            IamdumbbutIwanttobespecial

Sorry for the sarcasm, I am prepared to be called immature, juvinile and retarted for what must seem like some idiots ramblings.

"Carter tried to seduce me."
            "You poor man"

"No no no no, he just doesn't like going through the Stargate."
            "He's worse than Dr. McCoy."
            "Who?"
            "The character that Dr. Beckett plays in real life."

Comment

good episode but i was able to guess in the beginning that she was an ancient...pretty cool stuff against the wraith
              "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

I loved this episode but when Rodney was all crazy i reckon it was because he was jealous
                Meet your Ninja star doom

Comment

I think he was freaking out because he sensed that she was lying to them. He did the right thing if she happened to be some viral infected bug thing every buddy would call rodney a genius for sensing that she was lying about that. He just didnt know what she was lying about exactly.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                    I think he was freaking out because he sensed that she was lying to them. He did the right thing if she happened to be some viral infected bug thing every buddy would call rodney a genius for sensing that she was lying about that. He just didnt know what she was lying about exactly.
                    yeah that is true
                    sigpic
                    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

And she was imparing sheppards judgement
                      sigpic

Comment

A very good (first vision) or at least good (second vision ) episode that launches the mythology of SGA after the good middle season double ep. The story of this ascended ancient (and quite agreable to look at ...) is correctly treated and quite emotional: she is alone and punished eternally...

I think it is with this episode I definitely liked SGA
                        Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

Do you mean this is the episode that got you to start watching stargate atlantis?

Was it the first episode of stargate atlantis you saw?
                          sigpic

Comment

I just saw this episode for the first time. It was great! Ha! I knew she was an ancient!! Although I thought it was a bit campy at the end when Sheppard said "This is so cool!"

"Victory... should be naked!" - The Slitheen

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                              She was indeed very beautiful
                              she ascended from being a vampire.

Comment

I liked this episode. Yeah, Sheppard was displaying some Kirk-like tendancies, but I can get over that. I just enjoyed the fact that McKay calls him on it.

I liked how Teyla was okay with Sheppard spending time with Chaya and wanted to get him to admit it wasn't all in the name of diplomacy. I wasn't sure how I felt about Teyla at the beginning of the series, but I'm liking her more and more.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Working...
                                X