No announcement yet.

The Defiant One (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't think the wraith was feeding from the bugs, i think they were annoying him

Comment

Or it was the wraith he fed off
      "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

The dead wraith looked like he had been there for while.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

They really need to come back and get some teams exploring that huge weapons satellite and that Wraith ship. That weapons platform could have a slew of cool stuff. I doubt a ZPM, since that is most likely going to be a major arc of some kind due to what it can do for the team.

They should check out that old Wraith ship to try to find the history of the Wraith. Although I don't think that their computer would be accesible after so many years and the constant infighting of the crew.

Oh and those bugs are definetly the same ones from SG-1's Prodigy episode. The comment about the atmosphere's ionization in the atmposphere of the planet(s) is too much to be a coincidence. Plus they look the same unless you have way too much free time on your hands to break down the colors and sizes of them.
          Last edited by Mr. Seven; 23 November 2004, 12:31 AM.

Comment

This episode illustrates perfectly why SG-teams and SGA teams who carry P90s should also carry 5-7 pistols. P90s use a 5.7 millimeter round, whereas the Berettas they carry are 9 millimeter rounds. If they carried the FN 5-7 pistol, they could use the same ammo from the P90s in the pistol, and vice versa.

Sheppard's P90 got damaged and it was worthless. He had plenty of magazines and plenty of 5.7mm bullets, but they couldn't be used in his Beretta M-9. Plus, 5-7, because of the smaller bullets, have 20 round clips! And they look cool.

Source: http://www.remtek.com/arms/fn/57/index.htm
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Damn you Americans know hell of alot about guns we in UK don't carry guns although it's becoming growing problem where guns are used in crime.

Anyway back to the topic how did shappereds P-90 got damaged I thought he ran out of ammunition.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                Anyway back to the topic how did shappereds P-90 got damaged I thought he ran out of ammunition.
                i'd love to watch him throwing the gun at the wraith and hitting something sensitive

Comment

LOL, now that would be funny I think they need to add a bit of humour into Atlantis.

Comment

imagine the gun falling into the wraith's foot and then the wraith jumping in pain, slipping into his long hair, cursing

Comment

Damn you Americans know hell of alot about guns we in UK don't carry guns although it's becoming growing problem where guns are used in crime.
                      I don't know a lot about guns because I'm American, I know a lot about guns because I'm interested in military equipment. The vast majority Americans *gasp* don't own guns or have ever fired one. That's just a stereotype (especially perpetuated in Europe).

How did shappereds P-90 got damaged I thought he ran out of ammunition.
                      When the Wraith fired at Sheppard, one of the bullets hit the P90.

Comment

This episode sort of established the top speed of a puddlejumper in a vaccum, but it's based on alot of assumptions.

IN the show they said that the ancient weapon platform was in the lagrange point on the opposite site of the solar system from the planet Atlantis is located on. They also said that that location was 15 hours away from Atlantis in a Puddlejumper.
                        Planets that can support life have a habital region, which is roughly 100,000,000 kilometers to 250,000,000 kilometers away from a star like the sun. Earth is at 149.5 billion kilometers from the sun, so we'll estimate the planet Atlantis is on is an even 150 billion kilometers from it's parent star.

The lagrange 3 point is located slightly past the orbit of the planet, on the opposite side of the sun, so roughly 320 billion kilometers away from Atlantis. However, to get there you have to fly around the sun, so we'll say an even 350 billion km from Atlantis.
                        350 billion km in 15 hours equates to 6481 kilometers per second, or ~2% lightspeed.

Sheppard told McKay that it would take 804 years to come and get him in a puddlejumper if he broke the DHD in "Home". Traveling at 2% the speed of light, they'd travel ~18 lightyears in 804 years.

It's a good thing the PJ can fly through the gate
                        Last edited by Jarnin; 09 December 2004, 09:33 PM.
                        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I'm impressed!

Comment

I just felt this episode was filler. That's what some of the more recent episodes of SGA have been. They do nothing to further the story arc and they're just there to help fill the 20 (or 21/22) episode qouta. There was also a lot of unanswered questions:

1. What were those bugs?
                            2. How did the Wriath ship crash exactly?
                            3. Is the Wraith ship valuable at all to the SGA team?
                            4. Are they going to examine the Wraith ship? And get information from it?

I'd have to see it again but I know there was more.
                            "You ended that sentence with a preposition!!" - Jack O'Niell

My DVD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan
                              I just felt this episode was filler. That's what some of the more recent episodes of SGA have been. They do nothing to further the story arc and they're just there to help fill the 20 (or 21/22) episode qouta. There was also a lot of unanswered questions:
                              It was mainly a character-developing episode, especially for Rodney.

1. What were those bugs?
                              The bugs were what allowed the Wraith to survive for so long and become so strong. The Wraith "ate" them and that gave him the extra energy boost.
                              2. How did the Wraith ship crash exactly?
                              The orbital weapons platform shot it down.
                              3. Is the Wraith ship valuable at all to the SGA team?
                              Yes.
                              4. Are they going to examine the Wraith ship? And get information from it?
                              Yes.

Comment

As soon as they showed Nyan I was very excited (I have been waiting for SG-1 to explain what happened to him) that we were finally seeing what happened to him after 'New Ground' but then they called him by a different name and my hopes were shattered.

As the episode went on I started thinking 'maybe he changed his name to fit in better and got interest in science along the way and volunteered to go to Atlantis because he was exiled from his planet' but when he knew he was going to die and ended up killing himself to make McKay go help Shepard my hopes were shattered again because would he not have confessed he's whole back-ground story to McKay? That would of been better then his pointless speech about how much better he was then McKay.

I think it would of been an interesting twist in the story. I still have a shred of hope that maybe in season two they'll mention he was in fact Nyan.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X