The Eye (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Athenaktt
    Well...i guess it safe to say they did't get the C4, since Sheppard hid all of those. So they might have taken what ever Medical supplies that they might have had a vague knowledge of and left everything else.
    They also took the Wraith data storage device.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperspace
      ^^^
      The guy cried out for help, then Teyla went to rescue him; Sora's Dad stopped her by killing the guy, which alerted the guards and brought the Wraith out who stunned him. Then they were evacuating and I'm not sure who insisted they leave immediately without a chance to rescue Sora's Dad...was it the Genii Leader?

Anyhow the Genii Leader then used "Teyla killed Sora's Dad" as an excuse to take them all into custody.

So in retrospect, Teyla did not entirely revise history, she left out the context and the whole sequence of events. But how did Sora's Dad die? If he had not fired on the body, thus making the large noise, it's possible the Wraith would not have been alerted and stunned him.

I don't think Teyla was lying to Sora.
      I still think Sora has a point - Teyla WAS responsible for her father's death. They were on a re-con mission. "Dad" said - rescuing that man would have alerted the Wraith to their presence, plus the guy looked half dead anyway. Teyla insisted and an argument began and "Dad" killed the guy to end it. If Teyla had done as she was instructed (didn't Sheppard tell them to be quiet and wait?) then they could have completed their mission and left.

But that would have prevented the revenge storyline.

Actually, I think it would have been better to have Teyla admit she made a mistake and apologize to Sora.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

What would MacKay do?! LOL!!
        Bet he never thought he'd be wondering that!
        "I'd love to de-brief you all after I've de-briefed myself for a nice hot shower."

Comment

The Beckett comparisons to Scotty really irk me, I have to say. There is nothing about him that is like Scotty at all, with the exception of his accent. I mean, it seems like that's what practically everyone is basing that off of.

I could understand the McCoy comparisons, since at least (aside from being doctors) they both dislike matter-energy transportation. Personality-wise, Beckett is like no one. He's himself.

So... there.

Comment

I never compared him to Scottie I compared him to Bones... if you read my post more carefully you'll notice that I said their roles were reversed. McCoy = Becket and McKay = Scottie.

Also, in this very episode Becket said something like, "I'm a bloody medical doctor not a magician."

Comment

I prefer just not to compare characters at all. I think the characters deserve more respect then that.
              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Nah, with a line like that, these characters are begging to be compared.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                  I prefer just not to compare characters at all.
                  My thoughts exactly. And, um, I wasn't just talking about your comparison, impulsivelad- it was really everyone else. Maybe I shoulda made that more clear.

Comment

It's cool and sorry for being snarky... it wasn't ment that way.

Comment

Originally posted by impulsivelad
                      Nah, with a line like that, these characters are begging to be compared.
                      I think TPTB throw in those lines just for fun. . sort of homage to scifi past.

Don't see much comparison between Beckett and McKay to Scotty/Bones. You can find anything if you look for it hard enough. I'm just waiting for the characters to keep developing on their own. In a few years people will be saying things about other sci fi shows like, "Oh jeez. . they are copying McKay. . or Beckett."

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Unfortunately, TPTB are going out of their way to encourage comparisons between Beckett and McCoy. IMO, that kind of stuff is only funny the first few times, then it becomes kind of tedious. Let Beckett be HIMSELF, for pity's sake, instead of constantly being hung under the shadow of somebody else. I don't think he's all that much like McCoy except when TPTB force the issue for laughs.

Comment

Maybe they'll remedy that in the second season. I'm kinda expecting it throughout the first.
                          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                            Honestly...I would compare Sheppard far more to Riker than Kirk. He doesn't have nearly enough humanist rants to be like Kirk. His backstory was even copied directly from Riker's backstory. Sheppard defied orders to save lives of his men. Riker defied orders and didn't let his captain go down to the surface. They're the same person! Next season Shep'll have a beard!

The rest of the characters...I really don't see them as being clones. They're not clones, they're stock characters. There's a difference.

McKay is the stock obnoxious megalomanic nerd with a sort of a self-parodying trying-to-cope-with-people variation.

Beckett..he has a Scottish accent, and that's all he has in common with Scotty. He's the perennial risk-averse humanist.

Ford is the hard nosed military guy who is, by the way, the only character who feels like somebody you might actually encounter in the military.

Weir is the accomplished diplomat to counterbalance the military inclinations of Sheppard and Ford.

Teyla is the prideful native person who is willing to work alongside the protagonists and be an intermediary.

None of these characters are anything new to scifi. None of SG1's characters were anything new to scifi. But they're all made interesting by the comedic feel SG1 has, that RDA stipulated before he took the job, and that has been translated over to Atlantis.
                            I don't go for comparing any character from one show to another. It ruins a show for me. Let each show be its own thing. I've never been able to understand why each new show can't be left to its own merits.
                            "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                            'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                            Individuality is freedom lived.
                            'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Did anyone see that really funny bandage that Rodney had on at the end? Why didn't he take off his jacket when he put it on? What a stupid thing to do when he's suppose to be a genius. My guess is that he may of just been looking for some sympathy.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                                Did anyone see that really funny bandage that Rodney had on at the end? Why didn't he take off his jacket when he put it on? What a stupid thing to do when he's suppose to be a genius. My guess is that he may of just been looking for some sympathy.
                                Clearly you haven't known many physicists. Genius doesn't apply to everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X