The Eye (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terok
    Speaking of the Genii, they're being set up to become a really big enemy, and now Kolya has a vengeance of his own against Sheppard, I heard right that his son died when Sheppard put the gate shield up didn't I?
    Yeah, I thought I heard that too. But it wasn't really clear if it was Koyla's son or not. Time to rewatch the episode and check it I think!

In any case though, he looked pretty upset about it. Also, not such an honourable death for a soldier - getting splatted like a bug against the shield. I'll bet Koyla's fuming, so I'm sure we'll see him again (and I hope we do).
    "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

OK...

1. Some good stuff for Rainbow to get his teeth into! Cool!

2. OK...so the one on one between Kolya and Shep was slightly Die Hard ish but still good.

3. I was surprised that Sora got out alive but then again she and Teyla are supposed to go way back and killing old mates is not an ideal way to play the game of life!

4. The guy who came up with the sheild can have a virtual beer on me!

Nice work Atlantis crew!
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

great episode, loved the sign from mckay and the action in it, great seeing shep really pissed off!
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Loved the way McKay stepped in front of Weir and told Kolya he couldn't kill her because she was important, then it suddenly dawned on him that Kolya was pointing the gun at him. And when he sat with his arm around Weir - my hero

Comment

hes gonna be a really interest character. i like him more than carter actually!"
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
              hes gonna be a really interest character. i like him more than carter actually!"
              Who McKay? I like him more than Carter too.

Comment

Originally posted by Thor's Gunner
                'Incase you haven't noticed im a very ignorant man, i think all my plans are going to work!'- Mckay -The Eye
                Uh, this is in your sig, so I feel compelled to point out that this is really wrong. McKay is not ignorant. Far from it. He would be insulted to think that would even cross your mind. McKay has confessed that he knows he's arrogant.

And McKay would probably point out that you spelled his name wrong.

It should be

I don’t know if you noticed or not, but I’m an extremely arrogant man who tends to think all of his plans will work. - McKay - The Eye

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Nice episode, nice knifefight and nice conclusion.

I wonder if That guys who name I STILL can't remember survived the P-90 bullets since they don't actually have that much stopping power. On the other hand it did hit him in the upper left chest so he's properly a gonner.
                  sigpic
                  Banner By JME2

Comment

Excellent episode, I have to say my favourite of the season so far

I loved the way they played the suspense here: Kolya's bluff to Sheppard about Weir, the cat and mouse situation (although as to who was the mouse: the Sheppard or the Genii, that's debatable) Sheppard on his violent rampage. Sheppard's got skills - very Die Hard-esque.

And still they managed to get the humour in there! McKay and his 'I'm an extremely arrogant man who thinks all my plans are going to work' he got some great one liners. And of course the Ford-Beckett dialogue.

I loved the scene with Sheppard turning on the gate's forcefield; it came out of the blue and packed a punch.

Loved it! Taped it!

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                      Uh, this is in your sig, so I feel compelled to point out that this is really wrong. McKay is not ignorant. Far from it. He would be insulted to think that would even cross your mind. McKay has confessed that he knows he's arrogant.

And McKay would probably point out that you spelled his name wrong.

It should be

I don’t know if you noticed or not, but I’m an extremely arrogant man who tends to think all of his plans will work. - McKay - The Eye
                      Yeah sorry, i was tired when i wrote it, although i should have got it right as it was just after the episode, but thanks for reminding me.
                      'Where did you get this'- Wraith Queen
                      'I don't remember'- Major Sheppard - Rising (part 2)

'I don’t know if you noticed or not, but I’m an extremely arrogant man who tends to think all of his plans will work.' - McKay - The Eye

Comment

Shep really was a Cold hearted SOB turning on that shield. I mena its one think killing people in a fair fight but to me letting people walk happily into disintergration is murder, He could have just shut the gate down. sure that would have killed a few troops but it wouldn't be mass murder.
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                          Shep really was a Cold hearted SOB turning on that shield. I mena its one think killing people in a fair fight but to me letting people walk happily into disintergration is murder, He could have just shut the gate down. sure that would have killed a few troops but it wouldn't be mass murder.
                          Welcome to war. You do what it takes to make sure your side doesn't get decimated.

Dying against the shield is a lot less messy than a field full of broken and mutilated bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Welcome to war. You do what it takes to make sure your side doesn't get decimated.

Dying against the shield is a lot less messy than a field full of broken and mutilated bodies.
                            Agreed. And when waging a battle against superior numbers, some things just have to be done. One to fifty something sounds like superior numbers.

Besides, as long as something is in the matter stream, I don't know if he could shut down the gate. The iris would be the only way to stop them.

Comment

He coudnt shut the gate down and he was trying to save his base, his home and his people.
                              'Where did you get this'- Wraith Queen
                              'I don't remember'- Major Sheppard - Rising (part 2)

'I don’t know if you noticed or not, but I’m an extremely arrogant man who tends to think all of his plans will work.' - McKay - The Eye

Comment

Maybe I'm cold hearted too... but there was nothing fair about this fight in the first place. Entering someone's territory by stealth specifically because there is only a skeleton crew... that is really fair... I'm sure
                                Kolya really has only himself to blame for this whole debacle. His orders were to retrieve and then leave but *someone* then decided that he could take over the entire complex. It's ironic really that he accused Weir of being arrogant in the previous episode but he was the arrogant one here. He is the classic example of someone who underestimates his opponent.

A great episode all round... my favourite too.
                                Last edited by Easter Lily; 24 December 2004, 02:19 PM.
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X