No announcement yet.

The Eye (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode was pretty good. I enjoyed it a lot. I do find Sora and her constant whining really annoying! So glad Teyla put her down. (Although, the fight scene was kinda weak considering I'm used to Angel/Buffy fights... the sound FX for the punches were so soft I couldn't even feel the hits, that's something you take for granted until you see something like this. Other than that, everything was ace. Sheppard is great.

I also love that McKay and Becket are the Scottie and McCoy of this show (only reversed)... very nice touch.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
      Atlantis and BSG are great
      Alright, Atlantis was great. Far beyond great.

But BSG was horrible.

I was straining my eyes because I was so bored. I couldn't get INTO the show at all. I tried letting myself get sucked in but it never happened. I don't know why but that does tell me that I really don't care.

And the camera was shaky... SHAKY....

But enough of BSG- this is a Stargate board!

Atlantis was fantastic, and I was freaking glued from start to finish, and that's how that episode needed to be.

But the thing where Sheppard closed the "Iris" or shield was amazing. And it was even somewhat humorous to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shivan
        Yeah, it was far beyond great, but I didn't feel like thinking of a better adjective.

So how about these: excellent, dynamite, exceptional, fantastic, first-rate, marvelous, masterly, terrific, wonderful, transcendent. Though maybe the last one is a bit too much.

Definitely had me hooked from start to finish as well.

But BSG was horrible.
        (See above descriptors for the series as a whole so far)
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
          So how about these: excellent, dynamite, exceptional, fantastic, first-rate, marvelous, masterly, terrific, wonderful, transcendent. Though maybe the last one is a bit too much.
          *g* Yeah, I think transcendent may be pushing it, but I'll go with your other adjectives.

Just a really fun show to watch. No looking at the clock in this one (like I did with Gemini).

I've always loved the city itself. The city looks amazing. I'd buy a condo there in a minute.

The characters (except for McKay and on occasion, Shep), haven't kept up. But now, FINALLY, in "The Eye" I felt like everyone really pulled together as a team. I can see the cast becoming more comfortable in their roles and with each other. All of them still need development but I'm starting to become attached to more of them than just McKay. That's a distinct improvement.

Very excited now about the rest of the season. .
          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Just felt the need to repeat how cool the ep was. I loved that everyone on the team was really complementing each other, and all the characters were at the top of their game. Ford finally had enough to do, Beckett was funny as always, Teyla had the cool chick fight, Sheppard and Weir both played the deperate-leader thing great, and Mckay really grew in the bravery dept. while still getting some of the best lines ("Of course I said it would work! I'm a very arrogant man who generally thinks all my plans will work!) And the SFX were better than quite a lot of movies I've seen lately.

I'm so glad Fridays are back!
            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
            Daniel: Oh! You see?
            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I was straining my eyes because I was so bored. I couldn't get INTO the show at all. I tried letting myself get sucked in but it never happened. I don't know why but that does tell me that I really don't care.

Ah, I love the shaky camera work, it makes it seem like a not boring documentary. Even though I did fall asleep during last night's episode, but that was due to complete exhaustian, not the boring-ness of it. Although I do think that some of the scripts and such can use some work.

I did manage to stay awake during the Atlantis ep and it was amazing! Oh man, coming from the horrible CGI polar bear on Lost to this was just great! Even though I knew what was going to happen thanks to spoilers and everything, I still enjoyed the episode. Yay! Sheppard is Spiderman!
              Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

I wish there had been more sense of jeopardy and that they had played out the Sheppard thinks Weir is dead thing longer. Good fight scene with Teyla.

Comment

Well, this one was a doozy. To be honest, "The Storm" really wasn't a favorite episode of mine. I enjoyed all the stuff having to do with McKay and Zelenka, and discovering the storm, and planning to save the city- all that was great. I just wanted to gag every time they cut back to the Genii scheming to attack or whatever. I thought the training session was cheese and I hated everything having to do with those pathetically-designed aliens, whom I pray will never show up again. So, suffice it to say, I had mixed expectations going into "The Eye." Luckily, my finger-crossing paid off.

While I still don't think Kolya was a particularly interesting villain, I did start to feel like I was really there with him when things started to really heat up between him and Sheppard, making me wonder what he was gonna do next, or how he'd react to Sheppard's next move. Loved the part when Kolya bluffed about Weir being killed, and Sheppard's reaction was "I am going to kill you." Sheppard/Weir shippers can rejoice.

I knew "The Eye" referred to the eye of the storm, but I didn't really have a clue what that meant until the others got into the eye and used it to fly back to Atlantis. Dr. Beckett and Ford's scenes were cute. I felt bad for Beckett having to put up with Ford telling him to shut up. Ha! The scenes play interestingly to me, since I know the two characters' roles will eventually be sort of reversed (from recurring character to series regular, and vice-versa).

Anyway, the fight between Teyla and... that Genii chick was pretty cool. To be more specific, the fact that they decided to do it, and the dialogue were good. I still can't stand the way they shoot hand-to-hand action on this show. Teyla's got some guns on her, doesn't she? And now, apparently, Atlantis has another prisoner.

More action-hero stuff for Sheppard to do this week. Best scene- Kolya: "You wouldn't risk shooting Dr. Weir." Sheppard: "I'm not aiming at Dr. Weir." BLAM!... or something like that. Sweet.

So, I for one, am glad this two-parter is finally over. I give "The Eye" an A-. I can now look forward to seeing what happens in the next ep. Kinda looks like they get stranded or something on a planet with a lost Wraith. Coolsville.

Comment

^^^
                    There's 'another prisoner on Atlantis' but currently the brig contains only that Genii girl right? The previous prisoner, 'Steve' the Wraith, is no longer...?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperspace
                      ^^^
                      There's 'another prisoner on Atlantis' but currently the brig contains only that Genii girl right? The previous prisoner, 'Steve' the Wraith, is no longer...?
                      Steve died becauses he tried to feed a protected man in "Poisoning the Wheel."

The closing of the Iris was such a surprise! Shep killed 55 men!
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu
                        He didn't have much choice.
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu
                          And as Sora said that he was protecting his people, just as they would have done they were attacked.

Comment

Did anyone else notice Teyla's revisionist history about how Sora's dad died? She said that he killed the prisoner, which alerted the guards , and he was killed by the guards.

But thats not what happened. Teyla tried to pull the prisoner from the cocoon, and THATS what brought the guards. It only makes sense that if someone gets out of the cocoon, alarms are gonna start going off. And when the guards came, they didn't kill Sora's dad. He was stunned. And therefore, Teyla should've at least tried to carry him or hold off the guards until help came(like she did for Shepard when he got stunned). Teyla's version of events dont come close to what actually happened. I wonder if thats how she really thinks it went down, or if she was intentionally lying to Sora to try to calm her down.

Also, I believe Shepard has killed more humans the he he's killed Wraiths since he's gotten to the Pegasus Galaxy.. Nearly 60 men and women in a few hours. Whether or not it was in the heat of battle, that's gotta weigh on a guy's conscious. Maybe he didn't have enough time to close the gate and start an outgoing connection (blocking the Genii from sending troops). And maybe he did.

D

Comment

^^^
                              The guy cried out for help, then Teyla went to rescue him; Sora's Dad stopped her by killing the guy, which alerted the guards and brought the Wraith out who stunned him. Then they were evacuating and I'm not sure who insisted they leave immediately without a chance to rescue Sora's Dad...was it the Genii Leader?

Anyhow the Genii Leader then used "Teyla killed Sora's Dad" as an excuse to take them all into custody.

So in retrospect, Teyla did not entirely revise history, she left out the context and the whole sequence of events. But how did Sora's Dad die? If he had not fired on the body, thus making the large noise, it's possible the Wraith would not have been alerted and stunned him.

I don't think Teyla was lying to Sora.
                              sigpic

Comment

But BSG was horrible.

But enough of BSG- this is a Stargate board!

Atlantis was fantastic, and I was freaking glued from start to finish, and that's how that episode needed to be.

But the thing where Sheppard closed the "Iris" or shield was amazing. And it was even somewhat humorous to me.
                                Do you really have to put down BSG? Would you like to hear my real opinion of Stargate Atlantis, thus far? I don't think you would. You don't have anything nice to say about BSG, why bring it up at all? I love Stargate SG-1, The New BSG is a must see for me (still love the original) but they should really bring Farscape back and resurrect Space: Above and Beyond. First Wave or Nowhere Man would be good too in the 9pm slot on Fridays. I think you can tell where I am going with this....

(Wanted to see what other ppl thought of this episode....that's why I am in this thread, not to start anything. Atlantis is ok, well half of their episodes so far anyway, but definately nothing special. I remember the second week it was on, both SG-1 and Atlantis had the same story more or less (energy being).....kept asking myself.....didn't I basically just see this.....and done much better?)

Comment

Working...
                                X